What do you consider YOUR perfect size?

Options
I'm going by UK sizes here... Me personally a UK size 10-12 suits me best as I'm 5ft 9 to 5ft 10.

Just intrested to hear other opinions... x

Replies

• pittielover23
    pittielover23 Posts: 268
    Options
    I'm going by UK sizes here... Me personally a UK size 10-12 suits me best as I'm 5ft 9 to 5ft 10.

I am happiest when I am a size 6 or 8 US Sizes (depending on the store). I don't want to be stick thin, as I do like my curves. I am 5ft 8.
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    6 US size
  • BrownSkinBeauty1990
    BrownSkinBeauty1990 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    How many sizes bigger/smaller is an American size compared to a UK size? x
  • Pinkdestiny2
    Options
    I'm 5ft and before I gained weight, I always looked best at a 10 (UK).
  • katheern
    katheern Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 with a fairly large build so about a size 12 US.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and quite happy in a 8 or a 10 (though I can go as low as a 6 depending on the brand). :) One of my NSV was to be able to walk into any store and wear a size 10. I can do this -- from expensive to cheap. I can walk in and fit a 10. I find that some stores cut their 8's too narrow in the hips -- though an 8 tends to fit me best in the waist.
  • abeautifulvoice
    Options
    I would like to be a size 4. I haven't seen that size in 15 years LOL
  • ChristineM1953
    ChristineM1953 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    8" but I'm told the pills don't work.

How funny!
  • mapinkerton
    mapinkerton Posts: 147
    Options
    I know some time ago I heard the average American woman is a size 14. I am 5' 5" and I am down to a size 8 from a size 14. I will be starting some strength training soon and I am hoping that will take me to a size 6. I am small boned; so I think I can handle it.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I think I would look fantastic at a 10/12 (in US sizes; I think UK sizes would be around 14/16). My mom used to live in England, and when we would go shopping (back at my smaller weight), that was about my size. And a M/L top. I'm 5'8" with a large frame.
  • EbonyGemstoneHealth
    EbonyGemstoneHealth Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I would like to be an athletic UK 10/US 6,but I've never been this small before,so when I lean out in the long run I don't know what I'll end up as...lol I am 5 foot 11.5. :)
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6". Happiest in an 8 able to wear 6 in some dress brands. I'm on MFP to get back into my old clothes which are mostly 8s. :)
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options

I'm 5'10", so a UK 12 is perfect for me too. I'd probably be happy with 10-12 but realistically, a 12 seems more do-able!
  • skinnyme125
    skinnyme125 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" and i think i looked and felt best at a size 7, when i was down to a size 5 it was too small and my bones stuck out in my hips. This is U.S. sizes i am refering to. :)
  • Missylydia
    Missylydia Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft5 with a small frame so i think i look best at around a uk 8-10, I always have feminine curves so i carry the 8 quite well.
  • RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    I teeter between a 10 and an 8, but my ideal size is a six.
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    i no longer know *L*
    once upon a time i would have said a size 12 (i had been an 18/20ish range for SO many years, 12 seemed unbelievably small to me.
    But... i still have 35 pounds to lose to get to top of my 'healthy' weight range (160).. and this last weekend i was trying on size 11 and 12 pants, and they were fitting!!!!! (mind you i would still need a larger top or dress size as i am broad shouldered and not minimally endowed *L*)
    (i am 5' 7.25" tall)
    So now? i have NO idea what size is 'perfect' for me.. i cannot wait to find out!
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    I'd like to have a little room in a US 6....but could probably stand to be smaller than that.
  • MandaLee8908
    MandaLee8908 Posts: 1,353 Member
    Options
    Between an 8 and 10 US size...I am 5'5" and I love my curves! I just need to put them back in the right spots lol :tongue:
  • shreyaj
    shreyaj Posts: 196
    Options
    A 5/6 is what I'm working towards I'm short 5'0 but I'd settle with a 7/8 also every clothing brand is different.