Who works out at home???

Options
2»

Replies

• alibububs
    alibububs Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I work out at home. as a busy working mum of two I do not have time or money for Gym's.
    Love to do Davina DVD's or Zumba on Wii Fit.
    I also climb stairs 3 times a day at work (am on 10th floor) so am going for it!
    Lets do this!!! :-)
  • QueenMother14
    QueenMother14 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I only work out at home. Feel free to add me.
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    My wife & I work out @ home 5-6 days a week. We've done Insanity, P90x, and are now running the Spartacus DVDs, & running 5Ks around a park next door, treadmill in the garage.

Gyms are nice...but you kinda run out of excuses when you go upstairs & all of the equipment is staring you in the face!
  • angielisa75
    angielisa75 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I Run outside, I walk on my treadmill and ride me stationary bike, I love my Insanity program and I workout with Jillian Michaels.
  • sadmaker
    sadmaker Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    My wife & I work out @ home 5-6 days a week. We've done Insanity, P90x, and are now running the Spartacus DVDs, & running 5Ks around a park next door, treadmill in the garage.

Gyms are nice...but you kinda run out of excuses when you go upstairs & all of the equipment is staring you in the face!

Same. I do P90X and just completed Insanity, she hits the treadmill. Never miss a workout. I'm ordering Body Beast very soon. I cant imagine the time and effort to get to a gym everyday.
  • Bukeelaka
    Options
    I love my home workouts! Some of the things I do: Rodney Yee yoga DVD's, burpees, jump rope, run/jog/walk, heavy bag boxing, I could go on. The home is a fitness playground!
  • glarnell
    glarnell Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    When I worked in town I had a gym membership that I used every weekday. When I started working from home, the trip into town just to workout seemed like a drag and so I started searching for other options. There are TONS of great workout videos and tutorials on Youtube that cost nothing and just use body weight so you don't even need equipment. Along the way I ended up buying an inexpensive 40lb set of dumbbells that came on sale and between those and jogging (when the weather is warm!) I haven't yet felt the need to get back to the gym.
  • gobonas99
    gobonas99 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I would say 90% of my workouts are either at or from home. I run and bike from the house (tho I've got my bike set up on the trainer inside right now), I also use videos (just wrapping up CLX on Friday, going to do PiYo for a couple of weeks, then start a modified Body Beast rotation). But, I do have a gym membership so I can use the pool to swim once or twice a week. I also go to yoga class once a week (my instructor is da bomb and I would go anywhere to take a class with her...but the one I usually go to is at her house). I would say my "at home" percentage drops to probably 50-60% from April-Oct, because I tend to be more apt to meet friends somewhere for a ride or a run or an open water swim, rather than just running or riding from my door. :)
  • UtahWI
    UtahWI Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I am primarily at home. I use the Y for the pool, or a treadmill/elliptical depending on the season and weather. I have a group class flex card that I will on occasion use if I feel like I need to be socialized, lol!
  • Doodlehyphen
    Options
    I workout at home, 30 minute intense max training sessions, I stick to a low carb diet, and ive dropped 5% body fat in 3 weeks
  • Doodlehyphen
    Options
    I also find Gyms a complete waste of time unless the goal is to Bulk, Freeweight stations are always hogged by Gym Rats and the Machinery is bulky and usless and doesnt reflect proper Mechanical movment of the joint.

I bought a dumbell and kettlebell set and thats all i ever need
  • ashleybuxton1990
    Options
    biatv wrote: »
    I love working out at home, as a mother of 3 I don't have much time to go somewhere! I am looking for a group of people that want to get to know and help support each other! Who's in?
    Im in i have two kids myself and i workout doing P90X and Zumba so add me!
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I've been working out at home for 3 years, mostly dvds, online workouts and weights, though now I've been thinking about doing strongman training, so I either need to find a giant tire for the backyard or I need to join a gym. Fortunately, there's a strongman/powerlifting gym near my house. I'll be checking them out this weekend.
  • ashley_alandt
    ashley_alandt Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I had a gym membership for a year and it worked out alright, but I felt I always had to spend a ton of time there, and when I started wanting to lift heavier I got intimidated by all the men in that section.

I started to really enjoy HIIT workouts and would occasionally skip the gym and just do a HIIT workout at home. I dropped my membership and started regular home workouts in October with Jillian Michael's videos and I've been doing BodyRock for the last 8 weeks. I had to purchase dumbells and rig up some equipment for the BodyRock workouts but it was so worth it because it's a new one every day so I don't get tired of it. And they are KILLER.

I just love the comfort of being in my own living room with no one watching me...and not having spend time driving to the gym!
  • DaFibble
    DaFibble Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    The gym I used to go to back in England was in a castle with an amazing view and had a sauna, steam room, hot tub and large pool I could use after working out. There was almost never anyone else there so me, my girlfriend and any friends we brought along had it all to ourselves most of the time. After the luxury of that going to other gyms just feels like a huge step down, so yeh, I prefer working out at home now.
  • jenszzz
    jenszzz Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm a new MFP user and am beginning to work out at home after recently quitting a gym. I have an elliptical, hand weights, bench and ball. Looking for new workouts to do at home when it's cold outside. I'm going to look up some YouTube videos. When it's nice outside I like to walk my dog and ride my bike. Add me- I could use motivation !
  • lavergne1
    lavergne1 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I work out at home. I have a gym membership . I got tired of the gym. I walk with Leslie Sansong, strength training with Bob Harper and do HIT. It is a daily routine for me.
  • lyndseysolar
    lyndseysolar Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I work at home, and my fiancé works nights (he takes the car) so I'm stranded on home island 90% of the time. Before I took this career path, I was a preschool/daycare teacher, and there are SO MANY WAYS to exercise at home that could also involve your kids if they're young.
    1.) Dance while doing, well, everything--- put on some upbeat music and dance around while you clean, cook, etc etc. I used to have a dance party with my daycare babies right after circle time everyday, it was tons of fun and everyone got their energy out.
    2.) Go outside! -- go out in the yard and play with your kids! Tag, hide and seek, treasure hunt, soccer, anything! It'll get the whole family moving, and you'll burn a ton of calories.
    3.) Planking-- I'll tell you what, it is much harder than it looks, and it doesn't take my time at all. Google it or ask someone who knows their stuff about it.

Good luck!!
  • FeebRyan
    FeebRyan Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I do my daily abs and core work out at home,

50 crunchies 15 press ups 1min plank 30sec side plank 1min bridge plank side plank press ups bridge crunchies press ups standing plank 2min bridge and then a final 50 crunchies

But I've just discovered the joy of the burpees so I've decided that I will incorporate 3x 20 of those into that routine too

I have just got my hands on a kettle bell so I am going to start doing 30mins kettle bell work out 6 days a week, I also do 2hrs training in the gym 5 days a week with 5 hours training on Sunday's (Saturday is my rest day)
  • chickenpie
    chickenpie Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I work full time, have 2 kids and struggle to fit it in.. but usually manage 30-40mins 5/6 days a week - all at home. Have loved Jillian Michaels since i started just over a year ago & am now doing last stages of Body Revolution. After that i really need a new programme! Would love a home treadmill one day too & will maybe get back into running when the weather in not so sunny Scotland improves.