Options
2»

Replies

• prlbradshaw
    Options
    Thanks! Good luck to you as well!!
  • prlbradshaw
    Options
    That's such an awesome idea to take it in segments. I love that! And yes we certainly can! @lilasmall30‌
  • bronzeambition
    bronzeambition Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I started out with about 130 to lose and now I've got 97 to go. I added you :) Also, my name's Carmen and if anyone else would like to add me, go for it :)
  • lilasmall30
    Options
    It is and it makes it a lil easier for me !! @prlbradshaw‌
  • lilasmall30
    Options
    Thanks so much Carmen .. Wow congrats!!What have you been doing ?? @bronzeambition‌
  • jadeyhayward
    Options
    Hey everyone I'm new to this although had the app a long time
  • PerkyPigtails
    PerkyPigtails Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm new here. I'm a sahm of 4 kids. My goal is to lose 80 lbs. I joined the gym in May 2014 & working really hard to drop the extra pounds. I'm down about 45lbs so far. Keep it up & take it 1 day at a time. If you feel like you fail 1 day, don't be too hard on yourself....after all the next day is a new day! I'm super motivated & looking for some new friends. Feel free to add me. :)
  • nnorris88
    nnorris88 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Be honest with your food entries. It works.
  • shaunsmoot
    shaunsmoot Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    MFP will be your new BFF. The support you'll get from everyone is amazing. You have a massive cheerleading section that will keep you pumped up. A lot of your success will be determined by your attitude. A POSITIVE ATTITUDE WILL BRING POSITIVE RESULTS. :) It's mind over matter! IF YOU THINK YOU CAN CONQUER THIS.....YOU WILL! However the other side of this is if you think you can't.....you won't. Make MFP an OCD of yours over the next year. Log everything!!! Don't cheat the system cause you're only cheating yourself. Mark your calendar with a daily appt to get in some exercise! Don't break the appt because YOU ARE IMPORTANT not only to yourself but your family! It takes 21 days to make a habit, make this next 21 days the beginning of seeing a happier, more motivated, & more beautiful you! <3
    YOU'VE GOT THIS! NOW GO OWN IT! (*)
  • joannew4
    joannew4 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I started off at 261 pounds and have got down to 215 so far (hoping that will have went down a bit more at my weigh in on sunday). I still have a lot more to lose. My goal is 150 which will put me at the upper limit of healthy BMI for my height and I'd be very happy with that. I'm too young to be weighing that much and need to tackle it now. I'm being bridesmaid for my best friend in July and don't want to be ashamed of myself when I look at the photos so that's my incentive to push myself harder now. I do think MFP helps, it's nice to have support from people who understand. Feel free to add me.
  • lilasmall30
    Options
    Wow such an overwhelming feeling to know there is women out there to support and boost you up I appreciate every one of you !!! @jadeyhayward‌ @PerkyPigtails‌ @nnorris88‌ @shaunsmoot‌ @joannew4‌ Feel free to add me !! We will encourage each other !!
  • Btbeam
    Btbeam Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I have lost 110 lbs with 140 to go so I understand the struggle. Feel free to add me for support!
  • McFuzzy
    Options
    I need to drop around 80lbs, i most def need some support and advise. Feel free to add me and we can help each other
  • apple173
    apple173 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Well done on your weight loss far. Your positive attitude will take you to the end. Good luck.
  • bronzeambition
    bronzeambition Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    @lilasmall30 Thanks! I really don't do anything special. It's more about finding something that works for you and sticking with it. I lost the first 20 pounds just through diet alone. Just recently, I've started exercising more. On M/W/F, I do the 30 Day Shred and 20-30 minutes of cardio. I'm really busy on T/Th, so I just do 10 minutes of some type of strength training. I don't do anything too crazy on these days because, like I said, I'm busy, and these are kind of like my rest days. On the weekends, I try to do at least an hour of cardio a day, which is usually in the form of Just Dance on the Xbox.
  • siouxzcue
    siouxzcue Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    What a fantastic and encouraging bunch of folks here! I've still got 60# to lose. I'm down 7# in the almost 3 weeks I've been here, but I need all the support I can get! As an RN, I know what I need to do, it's just sticking with it that I have trouble with! My name's Sue. Feel free to add me. The more MFP friends, the better! Great thread, folks. Thanks, @lilasmall30‌ for starting it!
  • 1taunya2
    1taunya2 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have been struggling with my weight since my last child was born (19 years ago). I hit my highest weight in December and decided enough is enough! I weighed in at 262 and am now down to 243. I still have a long way to go but I am loving the journey. It's not easy, but all the motivational support from family, friends, and others on MFP has been great. I'd love to help support you...feel free to add me.
  • bainsworth1a
    bainsworth1a Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday. I started out with more than 100 lbs to lose and am almost at my 1st 10% loss. You can do this. there are many people here to offer support.
    good luck on your journey.
  • ZhaoWei76
    ZhaoWei76 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey! There is a wealth of support here on MFP, as you can see...

I started off around 250 or so, and am currently down to around 180... But I still have a ways to go (don't really have a specific number I'm trying to hit, just trying to lose weight)... It can take time and effort, but it's nice to see the weight start to come off...

Again, good luck!!
  • vickypalfreyman471
    Options
    Good luck to you as well xo @vickypalfreyman471‌

Thank you chick xx