What fitness tracker/band do you use and why?

Options
13»

Replies

• samantha1242
    samantha1242 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I use the Fitbit zip for keeping me motivated to move throughout the day. I love it!

I use the Polar FT7 to track my workouts. I also love this and have never had any issues with it.

Personally, I am a very goal orientated person who loves looking at graphs, numbers, etc. So both of these trackers work very well for how my mind works. So if you believe that you are similar and you love to watch visual progress in numbers and use those to motivate you, I would recommend to get a tracker. Looks like you are looking for a workout one, so I would recommend something like the polar ft7.

• Burrr3Three
    Burrr3Three Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Bodymedia Link and a Polar RC3GPS for running/gym. Also use Virgin Pulse Max 3.0 for work related health program where we can earn up to $125/quarter by wearing it or a compatible device. Of course my Bodymedia band is not a compatible device. Saving up for a Fitbit Charge HR with money I earn via the work program.

Getting extra money for getting healthy and fit, that's a good incentive! I wish my employers offered that.

I actually had to get permission from my boss to wear my fitbit, because any "jewelry" violates the uniform policy.

Aww I'd be soo bummed if I got a fitbit and couldn't wear it all the time! That's definitely something for me to keep in mind.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    Personally, I don't consider a HRM a fitness tracker. For me, fitness trackers are the devices you wear pretty much 24/7 to help you assess steps, sleep, calories burned. HRMs are worn for gauging HR during exercise (not meant to be worn 24/7). Though there are some Fitness Trackers now that monitor HR.

I use a Polar HRM when exercising and a BodyMedia armband as my fitness tracker.
  • SandyCoils
    SandyCoils Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I just bought a FitBit Charge today on my lunch break!!! I'm so excited. I have it synced to MFP and everything. I did notice that it took away some of my available calories because of it's measurement of my inactivity. Kinda hate that, but it's ok. I'll see what happens tomorrow once I've worn it for a full day.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    If your workout involves a lot of steady walking or running over a flat surface, get a fitbit. If it involves a lot of steady state cardio, including things that fitbit does not do well like cycling, get a polar. If your workout involves non-steady exercises or things like resistance training and yoga, use online exercise databases and calculators, they're free.

Edit: I use fitbit One. I used to have a Zip, and I absolutely loved it, and I still do love it more than any fitbit product, but I got sick of changing batteries so I bought the One. I use polar ft4 for heart rate zones.
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I have the FitBit Charge HR - which is one of the new FitBits that have a heart rate monitor built in. I have no idea how accurate the heart rate monitor is within any given activity, but my overall calories it is giving me (which is supposed to consider the intensity of my workouts via heart rate) seems accurate. I got it because I really like the FitBit app and all the different graphs it makes. Maybe silly, but I like it!
  • Burrr3Three
    Burrr3Three Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I use the Fitbit zip for keeping me motivated to move throughout the day. I love it!

I use the Polar FT7 to track my workouts. I also love this and have never had any issues with it.

Personally, I am a very goal orientated person who loves looking at graphs, numbers, etc. So both of these trackers work very well for how my mind works. So if you believe that you are similar and you love to watch visual progress in numbers and use those to motivate you, I would recommend to get a tracker. Looks like you are looking for a workout one, so I would recommend something like the polar ft7.

Yes I'm very visual.. It almost becomes a game to me when I can see it. I'm glad to know you've had no issues with it. Thankyou! :)
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    My fitbit charge is on its way i'm excited :)
  • SandyCoils
    SandyCoils Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    jen_zz wrote: »
    My fitbit charge is on its way i'm excited :)

And you should be. I bought mine yesterday from Bed, Bath & Beyond (with my 20% off coupon), and I have been playing with it ever since. I'm syncing it on my phone almost every hour, and I keep the browser window for FitBit and MFP open at work all day to keep up with everything. You're gonna love it!

• Mrsallen6_11
    Mrsallen6_11 Posts: 416 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I have a fitbug orb (I guess it's kind of like a fitbit just cheaper), I really like it. I can wear it on my hip throughout the day to track my movements and workouts and I wear it on my wrist at night to monitor my sleep patterns. It works well for me and is as accurate as any other activity tracker.