Couch to 5K (start 4/4/11)

Options

Replies

• Cutiger81
    Cutiger81 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm back from my Vegas trip and I actually found that I had lost weight...lol wasn't expecting that when I got back. I'm ready to do my last run of week4.
  • Cutiger81
    Options
    Just finished my last run for week4 and I added three minutes of walking before my last 5 minutes of running. I'm still moving on to week 5 even thought I had to add the walking. If I don't move on I fear I will feel that I failed and get discouraged. I'm participating in the Relay for Life event in Raleigh this week and will doing a good bit of running there as well. I will start week 5 on wednesday, it looks hard.
  • spcopps
    spcopps Posts: 283
    Options
    cutiger I am so proud of you!! I KNOW you enjoyed Vegas..you lost weight due to all the walking LOL. I am still on week 3..so many issues have came up that has prevented me from my schedule..1 week was due to the tornadoes then I finally got back to it and for 3 days myself or 1 of the kids had a virus..I am still having a hard time eating (just not hungry now) so I am going to start week 3 over when I am fully recovered from this crud!!

Happy running everyone
  • Cutiger81
    Options
    SPCOPPS no matter what you do just stick with it. Any exercise is better than none. I have to remember that for myself at times when I feel discouraged.
  • Mommyof3texans
    Options
    Hi, I hope I can join you all! I'm right around the same place. I start W4D1 tonight and am a little nervous about the big change from week 3s jogs to this week.
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Good job everyone.
    Vawork - Great jog - keep it up.

cutiger - good job on your vegas trip - Don't be discouraged if you feel you have to repeat it. I think that's one of the greatest things about C25k. If you can't finish one of the days, either repeat it until you do, or step back one. I repeated many days building up my stamina.

Mommyof3texan - You can do it - Try to get a marker, physical spot, ie rock, driveway, telephone pole.. or if your listening to music - try to get to end of a song etc.

Well, I amazed myself today - I got in P90x Plyometrics and it was great weather here today, so since I haven't been out for a few days, I wanted to go for C25k W5.

Part of me wanted to repeat W5D2. Part of me said go for it \W5D3 - 20 min non stop.
    Then part of me said you can't jog 20 mins - no way.:noway::laugh:

Well, I just pushed through, Those previous push throughs "5 mins, 8 mins" helped me keep motivated and keep going.
    I completed C25k W5D3 - 20 min non stop jog.
  • Nikkiham520
    Nikkiham520 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hi! I would love to join you guys for motivation. I did W2D1 yesterday. it has been fairly easy so far, but I am really nervous about the longer runs coming up. It will be nice to have advice from all of you who ahead of me in the program.

Have a great day!
  • LovelySnugs
    LovelySnugs Posts: 389
    Options
    so, i'm still having knee issues, so i'm officially off the program til further notice, but i am still going to be checking in here, seeing how everyone's doing, et cetera, et cetera.

i will still be on the treadmill at least a few times a week, doing what i can. today, "what i can" equaled a 45-minute walk at just over 3 mph, interspersed with six 1-minute runs. i feel really good, and i think that's mostly because i didn't push myself beyond what i know to be my limits.

the rest of you are doing fabulously, and i really enjoy seeing you all make such excellent progress - so keep up the good work!
  • Cutiger81
    Options
    Starting week 5 tomorrow and I'm nervous. I delayed the start to give my knee time to recover after finishing week 4 on monday. I'm also doing a relay for life run on saturday. I will take the run easy by doing as much as I can and not forcing anything.
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    So, I'm on my 3rd week of repeating W5 of c210k (1st week was because W6 was too tough; 2nd week I had bad runs and wasn't really motivated; this week I'm back at it and moved my runs outside!) Todays run was TOUGH! First half was uphill (2-5% incline). 2nd half downhill - obviously - tougher than I thought controlling myself so I didn't do a faceplant on the asphalt! LOL!

I'm planning on sticking with W5 for a couple of more weeks as I build up my outside endurance. Our roads are "rolling" so it's a bit tougher than on the treadmill. I do have to say, the runs go more quickly when there's scenery to look at so I'm doing good in that area. Breathing is easy (except on the 5% incline), runs are smooth - but REALLY, REALLY slow! Whatever, I don't care if I'm slow, I'm doing it. As someone on another site said...

"I may have junk in my trunk, but I can run 4 miles!" (ok, run/walk... whatever! :laugh: )
  • Mommyof3texans
    Options
    I completed W4D1 and D2 and the runs weren't as bad as I thought! I'm looking forward to finishing week 4 tomorrow. I'm already sweating the 20 minute jog at the end of week5!
  • ktspac
    ktspac Posts: 32
    Options
    hi everybody - need to go back and catch up with everybody's posts

back from Disney. I did not run at all there but pushing a 5 yo and 2 yo in a double stroller part time while walking thru the parks has to count for something. I gained a pound and ate like a pig without watching anything so obviously I stayed active and sweated so much.

I went back and repeated 20 minute jog from week 5 today and it went well. I think it's reading on the treadmill that has helped me - the time just flies by. I want to run outside but I think I am addicted to reading on my iPad while running.
    So I will restart at week 6 over the weekend now. I was afraid I would be set back by not running for a week and a half.

So today back on watching what I am eating and back to C25K and Nike Training Club app.
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    It was nice outside today, so instead of Yoga X, I went and did C25k W6D1 and W6D2.

Mommyof3texans - I thought so about that 20 min non stop as well, but I just went and did it, and pushed through, like I did the 5 min and 8 min runs.
  • Cutiger81
    Options
    Completed WK5D1 yesterday at the track. I decided to use the track for the longer runs due to the excessive amount of hills in my neighbor that I braved during the first 4 weeks of the program. I was able to complete the run with no knee pains yesterday only shin splints. I ran the first 5min run without any issues and the second as well. On the third I paused for 1:29 secs because I was out of breathe. I'm still struggling with my breathing. I feel if I can get the breathing down then I won't exert so much energy and be exhausted. After that workout I was completely exhausted and slept very well.
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    W6/D1 of c210k 4.29 miles 1 hour 20 minutes - I DID IT!!! YAY! I've had such a mental block on this week of the c210k. After staying on week 5 for 3 weeks (and moving my runs outside), I had a GREAT run today. I slowed down a bit, but was able to do all the runs and walks when I was supposed to. Didn't get out of breath and barely broke a sweat (but I think that was the weather more than my exertion). Pretty chilly when I started out, but perfect during the run.
  • Mommyof3texans
    Options
    It was nice outside today, so instead of Yoga X, I went and did C25k W6D1 and W6D2.

Mommyof3texans - I thought so about that 20 min non stop as well, but I just went and did it, and pushed through, like I did the 5 min and 8 min runs.

Thanks, I have it coming up on Thursday. Today I had W5D1 with the three 5 minute runs. It wasn't too bad. Tuesday is the 8 minute runs so we'll see how that goes lol.
  • LovelySnugs
    LovelySnugs Posts: 389
    Options
    HEY!! where'd everybody go!?!?

i just dropped in to mention that i've decided to do 2 treadmill workouts a week (intervalling as best i can) and everybody's GONE!!!

so sad. . .

anyways, my treadmilling for today consisted of a 5 minute warmup, and 10 1-minute runs, with only 1,2,or 3 minutes in between. i've discovered that my knee doesn't hurt quite as much when i'm using the slightly higher inclines, so hopefully i can start doubling the runs while keeping the walks at the same speed. hope everyone else is doing equally well!
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    Hey Lovelysnugs....I'm still here, just had to bow out for a bit. My basement flooded which left me behind with work. I ran yesterday for the first time in 2 weeks. I started back at W3 and did the whole thing...heart rate hit 227 though, which I wasn't happy about. My plan is to do W3 successfully 3x in a row, and then I'll move up to W4. The three minute runs have been such a challenge for me that I don't want to move ahead until I feel I can make progress.
    I know Cutiger was having some health issues, so hopefully he'll be "up and running" again really soon!
  • Bob1062
    Bob1062 Posts: 38
    Options
    I just have to chime in and say great job to everyone and all their hard work.

Peter, thanks for the inspiring push, I am doing W5D3 tomorrow. I have done all the other other segments and just said, I can do this. This a big jump from an 8 minute to a 20 minute run. I know I will have to put my mind somewhere else and not focus on the time and next thing I know, I will be doing my cool down.

Will let everyone knows how this goes.
  • Mommyof3texans
    Options
    I just have to chime in and say great job to everyone and all their hard work.

Peter, thanks for the inspiring push, I am doing W5D3 tomorrow. I have done all the other other segments and just said, I can do this. This a big jump from an 8 minute to a 20 minute run. I know I will have to put my mind somewhere else and not focus on the time and next thing I know, I will be doing my cool down.

Will let everyone knows how this goes.

I had the same reservations on this one! It wasn't easy, but it wasn't as hard as I was expecting it to be. I was slow though, it wasn't my usual pace. But, I did it and you can too!