Replies

• glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options
    EWJLang wrote: »
    glevinso wrote: »
    Clenbuterol? Seriously?

I was wondering what that was.

It is a drug used to treat asthma in a couple of countries but in general it is banned. It has a side effect of drastically speeding up metabolism. A number of pro cyclists were popped for using it to drop weight. It is a banned substance in ALL athletic competition and not legally prescribed for asthma in all but a couple of countries.

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    Clenbuterol? Seriously?

I'd never heard of it so I did a quick search and from what I read it is only legal in the U.S. for the treatment of asthma and for horses. Seems like not a very good idea to take something like this...
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Clenbuterol? Seriously?

I'd never heard of it so I did a quick search and from what I read it is only legal in the U.S. for the treatment of asthma and for horses. Seems like not a very good idea to take something like this...

Actually, I think it's only legal for asthma in Bulgaria and China. It's not legal in the US at all, according to Wikipedia:

Clenbuterol is not an ingredient of any therapeutic drug approved by the US Food and Drug Administration[1] and is now banned for IOC-tested athletes.[2] In the US, administration of clenbuterol to any animal that could be used as food for human consumption is banned by the FDA.[3]

Clenbuterol is a therapeutic drug for asthma, approved for human use in some countries in Europe (Bulgaria) and Asia (China).

• jchenks
    jchenks Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I think there may be a body image problem here? Clen is not the right thing to be taking either.
  • mburgess458
    mburgess458 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Ellaskat wrote: »
    liannexxx wrote: »
    I honestly am eating a calorie deficit every day. I am not even cheating the system. I also work out and use fit bit. Is lipo a really bad option do you think? Its really getting me down.
    People who do lipo frequently find the fat pops back up in other, weird, locations if they ever gain weight again, because the fat cells were removed rom wherever you get the lipo. Personally, I would not be ok with that liklihood. So if I get lipo on my thighs, what if it pops up on my neck if I gain weight in the future?
    Everyone has choices to make, but to me, I'd rather take my time, do the work and be patient. 2 months is not a long time.

The fat ALWAYS returns (according to studies). If you want to move fat from where it is to some other random part of your body then lipo might be for you. Of course then the OP will be back here in a year complaining about fat thighs or butt or neck or ........

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/01/weekinreview/01kolata.html?_r=0
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    EWJLang wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Clenbuterol? Seriously?

Actually, I think it's only legal for asthma in Bulgaria and China. It's not legal in the US at all, according to Wikipedia:

Clenbuterol is not an ingredient of any therapeutic drug approved by the US Food and Drug Administration[1] and is now banned for IOC-tested athletes.[2] In the US, administration of clenbuterol to any animal that could be used as food for human consumption is banned by the FDA.[3]

Clenbuterol is a therapeutic drug for asthma, approved for human use in some countries in Europe (Bulgaria) and Asia (China).

Oh, well, that's even worse! Thank you for the much more thorough information. I appreciate you taking the time to find this and share it.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Yesterday the OP claimed she just started Phentermine ... at the beginning of the month she wanted to lose 3 pounds per week to get to her goal ... that coupled with the details in this thread reveal a very unhealthy approach to weight loss. When she progresses past looking for the shortcuts and quick fixes and wants to do things in a sensible way, perhaps she'll get where she wants to be.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Bodydismorphia
  • ketorach
    ketorach Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Did everyone miss that the OP is taking clen? Unless things have changed around here, I'm pretty sure posting about taking illegal drugs/supplements is not allowed on the boards.l
  • ketorach
    ketorach Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Oops, sorry. I think the whole page of comments didn't load or something before I posted. Obviously, a bunch of other people commented on the clen, too.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    The xxxusername, the multiple dangerous drugs, the "I'm moving to Thailand and buying my own gym!!!!"

200.gif
  • 2aycocks
    2aycocks Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    If all you have is last little bits of fat, then why go to the expense and risk of surgery? Lipo isn't fool proof either. Ever seen pictures of lipo when it wasn't done well. Lumps, bumps, and waves on your belly! And that is far worse looking than a little bit of fat.
  • liannexxx
    liannexxx Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Clen isn't illegal in Thailand you can buy it over the counter
  • liannexxx
    liannexxx Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    But thanks for at least some of the supportive comments. I appreciate your opinions. As for seeing a shrink......my nana always said if you can't say anything nice. Don't say anything at all
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,970 Member
    Options
    Bodydismorphia
    Bulls eye.

• kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:

3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders

a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.
    b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote, glamorize, or achieve dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.
    c) Photos intended to glamorize extreme thinness will be deleted.
    d) Those seeking support in their recovery from eating disorders are welcome at MyFitnessPal.

MyFitnessPal strongly recommends that anyone suffering from the symptoms of Anorexia Nervosa, Bulimia, or Compulsive eating make use of the resources offered by the National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders. You may reach the ANAD hotline by phone in the US: 847-831-3438 (Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, Central Time) or on the web at http://www.anad.org/site/anadweb/

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

Thanks for your understanding,

kgeyser
This discussion has been closed.