WEIGHT LOSS ROCK STAR COMPETITION!! (Sign up by 11:59 5/2/11

Options

Replies

• humblemonkey
    humblemonkey Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    DMB is not rockin' --- it's for PANSIES!

Find a real rock band :laugh:

Agreed! Sorry i've been MIA the past few days. Let's go Team Foo(d) Fighters!!!

omfg...again?!

Oh.. now you did it.. you got my enforcer all riled up... LOL...

get out the pettite lap giraffe guns... 15 giraffe magazine, semi auto, will shoot a petite lap giraffe at 1200FPS, of course they are hollow points, well they open their mouith before impact, same thing.. you don't want none of that!!!

hahahahhahaha aww poor little giraffes. they didnt know what they signed up for!!
  • humblemonkey
    Options
    Update: TEAM DMB

Humblemonkey 145.2-144.2 (-1)
    beccala18 163-164 (+1)
    dreamlittledarling 154.8-153.2 (-1.6)
    pantalanagapampa 296.4-295.1 (-1.3)
    maggie5050-- 204- 202.5 (-1.5)
    Mandyash2285 180-177.8 (-2.2)
    butters1 203.8-203.6 (-0.2)
    kykykenna 152-151 (-1)
    tdgee 304-299.2 (-4.8)
    thisisabbie 194-192.7 (-1.3)

Total poundadge lost in week 1= 13.9
    Im thinking we can do 1.5 times that next week, what do y'all think?!?!

Our team ROCKS!
  • LJSpady
    LJSpady Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    HIGH FIVE to team DMB for being the first team to have all of their members weigh in!
  • shouts12
    shouts12 Posts: 87
    Options
    If only sales had anything to do with talent and genre! :noway:

It's also easier to remain popular when you find a sound and play VERY SIMILARLY SOUNDING songs...

GO FOO(D) FIGHTERS!
  • beccala18
    beccala18 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I think we (Team DMB) can go 1.5 times what we did this week - just need to get ourselves in motion!!
  • stephlake
    stephlake Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Count me in... Todays weight - 168lbs

166.7 - Not amazing, but better than a gain. :)

"Team Drop it like it's Hot"
  • speciallady82
    Options
    :happy: i'm new and need motivation i'm in 203
  • PantalaNagaPampa
    PantalaNagaPampa Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options

It's also easier to remain popular when you find a sound and play VERY SIMILARLY SOUNDING songs...

GO FOO(D) FIGHTERS!

You are right, sales aren't the only factor, hence the sold out shows, and 20 years of touring.
    Luckily those aren't the only testiments to being a rock star, so we can have bands like the foo fighters, for others to enjoy.
  • DreamLittleDarling
    DreamLittleDarling Posts: 800 Member
    Options

GO FOO(D) FIGHTERS!

you know what... you're so right. i agree. why did I NEVER realize that having thousands of sold out shows, and records flying off the shelves like they were on fire meant the band was as talentless as a bag of wet noodles?! THANK YOU FOR ENLIGHTENING US!
  • tryinghard2012
    tryinghard2012 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Who's calculating our team's weight?

Team Foo(d) Fighters.
  • LJSpady
    LJSpady Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I'm taking all of the numbers and putting them into the charts, and I asked all of the Team Captains to help me gather the numbers.
  • julslea
    julslea Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Who's calculating our team's weight?

Team Foo(d) Fighters.

I'm team captain for Foo(d) Fighters
  • DreamLittleDarling
    DreamLittleDarling Posts: 800 Member
    Options

GO FOO(D) FIGHTERS!

(I know I've posted this before...)

Oddly enough, the music industry has yet to catch onto your expertise, and thus DMB is very plainly categorized as Rock.

If you google "Dave Matthews Band genre" you will get this...

Best guess for Dave Matthews Band Genre is Rock- FeedbackIs this accurate? Yes NoThank you for your feedback.
    Mentioned on at least 7 websites including wikipedia.org, metroactive.com and answers.com - Hide sources

Answers.com - What genre ... - answers.com - What genre is the dave matthews band? ...
    Dave Matthews Band ... - wikipedia.org - Dave Matthews Band during the 2006 Summer Tour at ...
    What genre of music is ... - trueknowledge.com - Dave Matthews has been alternative rock since at ...
    Answers.com - What genre ... - answers.com - What genre is the dave matthews band? Rock ...
    Dave matthews band lie our ... - beemp3.com - Album: Dave Matthews Band Genre: ...
    What genre is Dave ... - chacha.com - The Dave Matthews Band is classified as rock/jam ...
    Metroactive Music | Dave ... - metroactive.com - The Dave Matthews Band proves you don't have to be ...

As well as if you search them in iTunes, they are categorized as Rock.

But no worries, I'm sure all the record companies and producers and labels will ALL catch on soon enough, call you up, and ask what they should label DMB as from here forward!
  • PantalaNagaPampa
    Options

GO FOO(D) FIGHTERS!

because foo fighters have SO much range and talent...
    Well, they do have those 2 songs that are popular... I think...

Honestly, there are several similarities to Dave Grohl and Dave Matthews. they both cover a lot of the same songs, all along the watch tower for one, wish you were here, have a cigar, and Stairway to heaven for another. Of cousre Dave Grohl did forget the lyrics to that while playing on Letterman, I think. C;'mon, how do you forget the words to Stairway to Heaven? That's some GED bu!!*kitten* right there.

Truth told, I like Foo Fighters and Dave Grohl , loved Nirvana, when he was the drummer. But, I still stand behind the fact that DMB is a better band, or at least I like them more.. my opinion.
  • julslea
    julslea Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    CW: 198.4 and I will take it! Can't exercise with my sprained ankle, but hoping to kick some butt as soon as I can on the the elliptical.
    Only a loss of 1.8 lbs. this week.

That's a great loss. Hope your ankle is on the mind.
  • PantalaNagaPampa
    Options

GO FOO(D) FIGHTERS!

you know what... you're so right. i agree. why did I NEVER realize that having thousands of sold out shows, and records flying off the shelves like they were on fire meant the band was as talentless as a bag of wet noodles?! THANK YOU FOR ENLIGHTENING US!

I told you not to get her riled up... once she breaks out the bag of wet noodles.. its all over... BOOM!!! LIke that!!!
  • humblemonkey
    Options

GO FOO(D) FIGHTERS!

I told you not to get her riled up... once she breaks out the bag of wet noodles.. its all over... BOOM!!! LIke that!!!

lol you are all TOO MUCH!! damb is good...foo fighters is good...so are about 900000000000000000 other bands I could sit here and list if i had the time and ambition. It depends on the mood youre in...the lyrics you need to hear..etc etc. get over it.
  • cfred40
    cfred40 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Thanks alot Team DMB. Anyone get the ad banner at the top of the page for Dave Mathews Band tickets in Chicago? Lol Too Funny!! It must be a conspiracy I tell ya!!
  • b00b0084
    b00b0084 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    team paramore! 255lbs (still :grumble: )
  • Kolmier
    Kolmier Posts: 3
    Options
    Team Drop it Like it's Hot:
    SW:157 lb.
    CW: 155 lb.