I threw away Cheesecake!!!

Options

Replies

• Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    farberry wrote: »
    To everyone saying 'don't waste food!!' - eating food we don't need is also wasting food. It's just made into poo.
    Well done for beating cheesecake! Don't know if I could have!
    Best response so far, hahaha.

OP: Great job! I applaud you. I have gotten things that are in the break room without thinking and scarfing them down, left with feelings of regret. Good for you for deciding BEFORE you ate it that it wasn't worth it to you.
    Blah blah blah, wasted food-it was one piece. This is a personal victory for you, and you should feel proud of yourself--you won over unneeded calories and junk food!
    I'm sure the OP doesn't regularly throw away food for the hell of it. Y'all need to chill about the cheesecake and realize this is a victory for him.
    Haters gonna hate, but I think you did AWESOME! Congrats :)

• PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    besides the fact that throwing away food sets one up for a bad relationship with food and indicates slightly disordered thinking...but other then that, OP should be good to go ...

i think the op should have pre logged it first and then thought about it, but could it not also just show abit of control. save the calories for something else later?

control would be leaving it in the fridge, not eating it, and saving it for a day when OP wanted it.

throwing away perfectly good cheesecake because it is viewed as "bad" is, in my opinion, semi disordered eating.

Seriously who is flagging you for saying this could be disordered eating?! You have a solid point, and someone clearly has their knickers in a twist over it.

1081.gif
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    besides the fact that throwing away food sets one up for a bad relationship with food and indicates slightly disordered thinking...but other then that, OP should be good to go ...

i think the op should have pre logged it first and then thought about it, but could it not also just show abit of control. save the calories for something else later?

control would be leaving it in the fridge, not eating it, and saving it for a day when OP wanted it.

throwing away perfectly good cheesecake because it is viewed as "bad" is, in my opinion, semi disordered eating.

Seriously who is flagging you for saying this could be disordered eating?! You have a solid point, and someone clearly has their knickers in a twist over it.

1081.gif

apparently, I have a following of people that like to flag me....

I am going to try and spin that off into my own show "MFP Entourage"
  • sls2072
    sls2072 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your milestone, and to everyone who is only worried about the wasted cheesecake why comment we are here to lift people up not bag on them because he got rid of some cake..who cares.
  • Urban_Princess
    Urban_Princess Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    that's awesome work. you feel like a champ after doing it!
  • ndj1979
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I wonder what the reaction would be if OP said " I threw away a steak dinner because it was going to put me over calories".....???
  • exstromn
    exstromn Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Aviva92 wrote: »
    exstromn wrote: »
    I did the same thing with a donut the other day, I saw it and wanted to eat it. I took a bite, then decided it wasn't worth it. I spit it out and threw the rest away so it was unretrieveable in the trash can. I decided the calories it contained and the non-nutritional value it possesed was "too expensive" to waste my calories on. You will remember this small victory far longer than any piece of random cheesecake you ate. Be proud of yourself!!!!

OMG! Are you my coworker? Was this free donuts that someone brought in to work? If so, I missed out on donuts because my coworkers ate them all or threw them away before I saw the box and I was sad.

This particular donut was one that was brought home from the convienence store that was a thoughtful gesture, but not a good investment in breakfast food for me that day. They did not know I threw it away.
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    MisterZ33 wrote: »
    No one in this thread has ever made an irrational split decision when faced with inner conflict...

Right...

But did we all start a thread asking to be congratulated about it?

People react directly. What means a success to you may or may not mean anything to me.

I have lost 121 pounds but I don't give a damn about it. That's not a success for me. To someone else it maybe and they would write a post about it.

Does that mean I have to ask them "So you now want a pat on back?"

It's their definition of achievement/success.
  • PrizePopple
    Options
    sls2072 wrote: »
    Congrats on your milestone, and to everyone who is only worried about the wasted cheesecake why comment we are here to lift people up not bag on them because he got rid of some cake..who cares.

*looks for the forum rule that all replies can only be uplifting and full of the asspats*

404_not_found.jpg
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    I continue to be flummoxed by some of the responses. It's not liked he poured out an imperial stout or something...
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    I wonder what the reaction would be if OP said " I threw away a steak dinner because it was going to put me over calories".....???

Exact same again. Some will say well done, some will say he is disordered and others will say next time save it for later
  • ndj1979
    Options

Exact same again. Some will say well done, some will say he is disordered and others will say next time save it for later

I think not ..but I guess we will never know...

• PrizePopple
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    To everyone saying 'don't waste food!!' - eating food we don't need is also wasting food. It's just made into poo.

Then if you don't need it don't take it, someone else might want it.

Come on now @MrM27‌ that's being considerate. It's only acceptable behavior towards the person who threw away the cheesecake and called it a victory.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    3013583_o.gif
  • AllAboutThatPace
    AllAboutThatPace Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    _Waffle_ wrote: »
    giphy.gif

This gif just made my day.

I can't stop giggling in my office. Someone just came to ask me if I was ok. LOL
  • AllAboutThatPace
    AllAboutThatPace Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I personally would have thrown away the ENTIRE cheesecake, so I would not have been tempted.

Just kidding. Seriously. I would NEVER throw away cheesecake. Or any type of cake! Are you crazy? :)
  • Delilahhhhhh
    Delilahhhhhh Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Cheesecake Gate, try saying that fast. This is the best cheesecake thread ever.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options

That makes no sense. If we ate food that we didn't need - and it just turned into poo - nobody would be overweight.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!