Insanity vs p90x

Options
2»

Replies

• jeremywm1977
    jeremywm1977 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    PiYo next on my list after Insanity. To give my knees a rest!

You are in for a heavy culture shift. It's like going from driving in a Bugatti to riding a Vespa. Insanity is balls to the wall, high intensity.......and then PiYo is slower, more methodical, and not quite as intense.

This isn't a critique of PiYo.....I'm just preparing you for the shift in speed.

• jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    PiYo next on my list after Insanity. To give my knees a rest!

You are in for a heavy culture shift. It's like going from driving in a Bugatti to riding a Vespa. Insanity is balls to the wall, high intensity.......and then PiYo is slower, more methodical, and not quite as intense.

This isn't a critique of PiYo.....I'm just preparing you for the shift in speed.

True. I went from doing Insanity Max 30 to PiYo, and it's taking my mind a bit of time to wrap around the slowness and tranquility of PiYo compared to Insanity.
  • JAT74
    JAT74 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    What results did you get with PiYo compared to Insanity Max 30? I'm currently doing Jillian Michaels body revolution but when I finish I want to do another DVD program, and was thinking of doing one with weights.

I love Yoga and Pilates though and also looked at Insanity Max in addition to P90X x 3 and really don't know what to do next! Time is a factor but results are more important.
  • catpea33
    catpea33 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I've done both but love P90X waaaay more simply because there's more variation with the weights, cardio, yoga. Insanity is effectively 9 weeks of jumping and I tired of it very quickly. Then again, I know people who love Insanity. I guess it depends on whether your favourite thing is resistance work (it is with me) or cardio and what your ultimate goal is.
  • JAT74
    JAT74 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I think I'm more like you catpea but if heard P90X workouts are very long, is it possible to shorten them and if not then for those who've done both, how does P90X x 3 compare?
  • prettyfitchick
    prettyfitchick Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I could never stick with P90X that Tony guy in the video is annoying I even tried to mute it. But I love insanity i could complete it It was fun and use a lot of motivation words and phrases in the video Now I'm doing T25 this Is also another workout by Shawn T the creator of Insanity
  • catpea33
    catpea33 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    JAT74 wrote: »
    I think I'm more like you catpea but if heard P90X workouts are very long, is it possible to shorten them and if not then for those who've done both, how does P90X x 3 compare?

Yeah, they are quite long at about 60 minutes for the weight work. It was hard to fit them in sometimes.