Preying on the Gullible

Options

Replies

• cdcllcga01
    cdcllcga01 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    @ana3067‌ check this out. Hope the link works.

Watch "HOT PEPPER CHALLENGE .... GloZell" on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYF9bImkOL4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

OMG! If she thinks that habanaro was hot today - wait until tomorrow!!!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »
    Cinnamon challenge?
    2yk144k.jpg

LMFAO!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Codilee87 wrote: »
    0t4zm9o9xm62.jpg

Oh heck, I thought this was a facial mask!
  • wolfordwebsites
    wolfordwebsites Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I have actually tried this, to no results. The honey sticks to your glass, cinnamon doesn't mix in, and it is just disgusting.
  • FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    Instant abs:

a.baa-Instant-abs.jpg
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I have actually tried this, to no results. The honey sticks to your glass, cinnamon doesn't mix in, and it is just disgusting.

yep. Tried it too, the cinnamon was a big ol gluggy blob. Total vomit worthy

• Codilee87
    Codilee87 Posts: 509 Member
    Options

If you soak cinnamon in hot water it congeals and gets a snot-like texture - so gross! I used to try adding a little cinnamon to my coffee for calorie-free flavor but I couldn't get past the weird slimy glob *shudders*
  • Codilee87
    Options
    f8tf6675yq6e.jpg

Yet another brilliant, effortless way to look like a supermodel while lying on the couch eating chocolate!!
  • Christine_72
    Options

It really does sadden me that manufacturers think people are so stupid to try these things. They'd be rubbing their hands together with glee.
    Admittedly I tried the garcinia and cinnamon tea etc but quickly wised up. I will not be making the same mistake twice!!
    f8tf6675yq6e.jpg

Yet another brilliant, effortless way to look like a supermodel while lying on the couch eating chocolate!!

• SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Instant abs:

a.baa-Instant-abs.jpg

Baked in the oven abs

4oVKBNx.jpg

• Codilee87
    Options
    Instant abs:

a.baa-Instant-abs.jpg

Baked in the oven abs

4oVKBNx.jpg

My favorite ;)
  • Christine_72
    Options
    joeporta wrote: »
    0t4zm9o9xm62.jpg

What? You consume exclusively this concoction?

Dare say you would lose tonnes of weight if you did so!

Nah. I think you're supposed to have a cup first thing in the morning, then again at night.
  • kramrn77
    kramrn77 Posts: 375 Member
    Options

If you soak cinnamon in hot water it congeals and gets a snot-like texture - so gross! I used to try adding a little cinnamon to my coffee for calorie-free flavor but I couldn't get past the weird slimy glob *shudders*

That's why you add cinnamon to the grounds before you brew the coffee. All the taste, no weird glob.
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    kramrn77 wrote: »

That's why you add cinnamon to the grounds before you brew the coffee. All the taste, no weird glob.

Genius!
  • Codilee87
    Options

I actually did start doing that but then I got rid of my coffee maker and just started using the instant stuff so no more cinnamon lattes for me lol
  • kramrn77
    kramrn77 Posts: 375 Member
    Options

Genius!

Ha! FINally someone recognizes it, too! I've need telling people this for YEARS! :smiley:
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

She is pretty hilarious. That yellow habanero is difficult to confuse for something else, although my ex did once confuse a red one for a tomato. I tried to warn her but I was too late. She couldn't talk for twenty minutes. Ouch/lol.

Btw, if you eat peppers or something very spicy DO NOT DRINK WATER. All that does is irreversibly bind the capcaisin oils to your TRV nerve receptors (not actual taste receptors). Makes things worse, much worse.

The thing to do is:
    - drink a shot of alcohol - this dilutes the oils and numbs the nerve bundles. (Other oily food may help too)
    - eat some salt - has a blocking effect
    - Eat bread - helps remove the oil from the tongue surface
    - Ice, as a last resort, it tends to make the agony duller but longer.

Drinking water or water with sugar (that coke she swallows afterwards?) the worst thing you can do.

(This half folk remedy message brought to you by - things my Mexican biologist mother taught me and had me test)

Wash your hands with frothy soap, water alone - well, you'll see. Or not.
  • reginastiffler
    reginastiffler Posts: 75 Member
    Options

She is pretty hilarious. That yellow habanero is difficult to confuse for something else, although my ex did once confuse a red one for a tomato. I tried to warn her but I was too late. She couldn't talk for twenty minutes. Ouch/lol.

Btw, if you eat peppers or something very spicy DO NOT DRINK WATER. All that does is irreversibly bind the capcaisin oils to your TRV nerve receptors (not actual taste receptors). Makes things worse, much worse.

The thing to do is:
    - drink a shot of alcohol - this dilutes the oils and numbs the nerve bundles. (Other oily food may help too)

Drinking water or water with sugar (that coke she swallows afterwards?) the worst thing you can do.

(This half folk remedy message brought to you by - things my Mexican biologist mother taught me and had me test)

Chocolate displaces the oils. My boyfriend swears habaneros clear up sickness... so everytime he starts getting sick, I'm off to the store for habaneros and chocolate bars. It seems to work for him.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options

The thing to do is:

Chocolate displaces the oils. My boyfriend swears habaneros clear up sickness... so everytime he starts getting sick, I'm off to the store for habaneros and chocolate bars. It seems to work for him.

I buy this by sets of 10.

Lindt_Excellence_Chili.png

principally because me daughters won't eat it :disagree:
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options

You're doing it wrong. Bring the water to a boil with a cinnamon stick, simmer to your desired tea strength (stronger tea tastes as if you've added chili to it.. amazing). Remove stick, add the honey, top with a tablespoon of finely chopped (but not ground) walnuts, they will float on top and a little bit of them will get into your mouth every time you take a sip.