Disappointed and disheartened!

Options
I haven't lost any weight at all in the last 2 weeks! I just don't understand how I can change me eating habits and exercise habits so much and still not lose weight! I am keeping to my 1500 calories a day (bar one bad eve out) and exercising pretty much daily and not eating back the calories and yet nothing is shifting! It's depressing!!!

Replies

• Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    Can you open your diary?
    Are you weighing your food and picking accurate entries in the MFP database?
    Patience. You may be gearing up for a big drop soon.
    My weight loss comes in spurts, it's not linear.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Can you open your diary?
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Most likely, you are under estimating what you are eating.
  • Midwifefatty
    Midwifefatty Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Have opened my diary I think!
  • PurpleYFronts
    PurpleYFronts Posts: 344 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Does your body feel different? While you may not appear to be losing weight, you are most likely changing from the inside out. Might be worth taking a full set of measurements just to gauge how things are changing beyond weight loss. It will come in due course as the body adapts. As for recording entries, if you are a Midwife, then that should come naturally as it will be something you've done your entire nursing career. ;)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    You're not weighing your food. All of your entries are the same everyday for things like bananas 100g. The average banana I eat is about 125-130 calories. Most apples are 5+ ounces, 70-100 calories, you're claiming 49. You have a lot of quick adds.
    Unfortunately, you're eating more than you think. Tighten your logging and you'll lose.
  • Midwifefatty
    Midwifefatty Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Ok thanks for the advice. X
  • cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    Two weeks of no change? Two weeks is water weight, hormones, period cycle, eating sodium heavy a couple day, working out, poop hanging around a little too long or not long enough, etc.

My weekly progress has looked like this:

Week 1: 0
    Week 2: 0
    Week 3: 0
    Week 4.5: -4
    Week 5: 0
    Week 6: 0
    Week 7: -2

And so forth.
  • NurseCU
    NurseCU Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I had this same problem one week, didnt loose a damn thing. I had started walk/running every day, and started some strength training. I think I was holding onto water weight bc all of a sudden 1.8 pounds fell off. Also, I bought a digital scale, and holy crap was I ever underestimating my fruit among other things. I highly suggest buying a digital scale with grams and a tare.
  • zomarose
    zomarose Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    It's easy to get discouraged but it sounds like you are still making awesome progress like making food changes and exercising. Keep going, the changes will catch up :)
  • Ooci
    Ooci Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    6 cups of sugary tea for breakfast every day? Is that really being kind to yourself?
  • Ooci
    Ooci Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    And I can't count 5 a day either! I don't mean to be harsh, but if you want this to be a change for health and longevity as well as weight loss you need to start putting better fuel in! I really recommend something like the Slimming World magazine for ideas, doesn't have to be elaborate or fancy cooking - it does need to be more nutritionally dense though. Good luck!
  • SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    "one bad eve out" can blow, literally, weeks of work - for sure. Done it myself. More than once.
  • fatjon73
    fatjon73 Posts: 379 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Hello Miss Disheartened...
    I am too starting out, been at it for 4 weeks now and I am showing very slow progress, I have gone from 18 stone to 17 stone 12 so only 2 lbs so far, I have been eating much better (could still improve a lot though, but trying) trying to cut out the soda and sugary drink, adding veg and fruit etc, as I say can still do better (cut out the biscuits and sweets) but I am maintaining my daily goals every day bar 4 and 2 of them were only 30 over, my daily goal is 1890 but I have averaged around 1700 a day so far and I am set to 2lbs a week, so should be 8 lbs down now according to MFP. I have also added exercise, again not enough, but its a start, slow and steady I say)
    All I can say is that I do feel better though, more energy, less bloated, enjoying my food more, I hope it will start to come off soon but at least I have started to change, as long as I keep that going then I will be happy no matter how much I lose, but ideally I want to lose 2 stone.
    Keep at it, log everything, I used to not log butter on bread / jam / sauces, but its amazing how much they add up to, also I know its a pain but I have started to weigh my portions out too, that has helped me to understand portion control, which for me was hard, so I now think I will eat a small / medium meal, and have something later if I need it, instead of one big meal a day as I have for years....
    Hope you don't lose heart too much, keep at it, keep the faith it will come and just remember that your doing good by eating healthier anyway.
  • Abby2205
    Abby2205 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Ooci wrote: »
    6 cups of sugary tea for breakfast every day? Is that really being kind to yourself?
    Some of us are major tea drinkers and six cups a day (I figured OP is prelogging the whole day) is being kind to ourselves. Nothing wrong with that, it's hydration and at this quantity the milk adds a decent amount of calcium to your day. My husband and parents are English, tea is the fabric of their lives, and they drink several cups a day just like this--one teaspoon of sugar and one or two tablespoons of milk. The effect of giving it up on their daily mood would not be worth the paltry calories it would save.
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    6 spoons ( 6g) of sugar is about 132 calories So it is not nothing.
    100 gram banana 89 calories
    125 gram banana 111 calories and the difference is just 25 grams. You cant eyeball this. And to be fair i never had a banana yet that was 100 gram. Its always around the 125 gram or higher.

Plus all the other foods she doesn't weigh like the banana's etc will add up the calories quickly that she didn't account for.

My bet is she indeed eat more than she thinks.

Weigh All your solid food and measure your liquids.
  • fatjon73
    fatjon73 Posts: 379 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    fatjon73 wrote: »
    My husband and parents are English, tea is the fabric of their lives, and they drink several cups a day just like this--one teaspoon of sugar and one or two tablespoons of milk. The effect of giving it up on their daily mood would not be worth the paltry calories it would save.

I too am English, I could rather stop drinking beer than tea !!! lol.
    I too drink around 2 - 4 large (pint pots) of tea a day, I also work for a large coffee manufacturer so I can get cheap good quality coffee, so I drink 2 or 3 of them a day also, as well as 2 - 4 pints of water a day. I log them too as I realise I do drink a lot of the stuff, I have a large cup with 3 sweeteners and semi skimmed milk 25% of the drink, so I log them to ensure they are included....

• BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    My husband and parents are English, tea is the fabric of their lives, and they drink several cups a day just like this--one teaspoon of sugar and one or two tablespoons of milk. The effect of giving it up on their daily mood would not be worth the paltry calories it would save.

I too am English, I could rather stop drinking beer than tea !!! lol.
    I too drink around 2 - 4 large (pint pots) of tea a day, I also work for a large coffee manufacturer so I can get cheap good quality coffee, so I drink 2 or 3 of them a day also, as well as 2 - 4 pints of water a day. I log them too as I realise I do drink a lot of the stuff, I have a large cup with 3 sweeteners and semi skimmed milk 25% of the drink, so I log them to ensure they are included....

yes there is nothing wrong with the fact you drink tea with sugar or eat that banana etc. The fact that you dont log accurate ( read weigh the solid food) is the point. It adds up over a day to hundreds of calories too much.

• DebzNuDa
    DebzNuDa Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Know how you feel! I had been doing so great then I increased my calories to 1200 (as I had my calories extremely low at 800) and my weight went up by two pounds instead of losing about a pound by week. This is so frustrating and.... worrisome since I have CHF (Congested Heart Failure).

I take care that my foods and exercise do what I am supposed to do and I log every little, miniscule of food with healthy items (lean meat, leafy veggies, complex carbs, no sugary items, low fats).

I'm 5'6", currently 137 (akkkk) and 57 (almost 58). Any suggestions? (Sry, but I had a major heart attack AND stroke which leaves me with weird words sometimes and takes a LOT of time to make a post.)
  • Marxytron
    Options
    Looks like ur not working out hard enough.. If ur hitting ur calorie needs and doing everythin on ur diet then ur prolly lacking in cardio exercises... Do high intensity interval training