Predict the next big diet fad

Options
2»

Replies

• tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    We've seen low fat, no fat, low carbs, paleo, keto, gluten-free, etc. What do you think the next big fad will be?

I'd like to think it will be "casein-free" since casein has been linked (possibly) to breast cancer and that is a big concern for most people. That is sure worse than anything gluten can do.

High sugar and trans fat diets.

If Dr Oz has anything to do with it, the no protein diet - although to be fair that would be the optimum diet for weight loss!

• tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    A balanced diet with a bit of alcohol at the weekends and the odd sweet made at home....wait, thats not a fad diet, thats a normal diet :D

To be fair that diet sounds awful!!!!!
  • Khukhullatus
    Khukhullatus Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Whatever it is, I'm sure we'll hear about how it's "all natural," and "chemical free."
  • hortensehildegarde
    hortensehildegarde Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    oooh forget predictions, lets START ONE!!! We should all come together and start promoting said new "diet" to all the posts asking about gimmicks. I bet our new fad would blow up the internet in a matter of weeks.
  • court_fritch26
    court_fritch26 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    The "get a puppy diet"...it's very popular in my house...we never get to finish our food because he either takes it out of our hands or his cute little face is too sweet to resist and he gets handed the food lol
  • JPW1990
    JPW1990 Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    oooh forget predictions, lets START ONE!!! We should all come together and start promoting said new "diet" to all the posts asking about gimmicks. I bet our new fad would blow up the internet in a matter of weeks.

pop rocks and diet coke?
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    I'd never even heard of keto a year ago, now two people I know IRL are doing it. So maybe that.
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    I suspect it will be a result of the new food guidelines that are supposed to come out this year. If you've never read the public comments that were taken last year, it's pretty easy to watch where each of the different biases are coming from:
    http://www.health.gov/dietaryguidelines/dga2015/comments/readComments.aspx

Many of the comments are officially anonymous, but all the different food companies and lobby groups have to identify themselves. You'll find everything from Monster to Welch's to the Dairy Council throwing in their 2 cents, along with a ton of doctors and private citizens.

Those comments are basically a preview to the food arguments that are coming for the next 5 years.

Orrrrrrrr maybe we can just continue with "gluten is the debil" no one gets tired of that

nv1jkll812vv.png

I've been keto 15 years. Does that mean I have to be a hipster now?

Yep. You have been collecting their Japanese 7" singles before the rest of us even heard their music.
  • KathyMBragg
    KathyMBragg Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    GMO is getting a lot of airtime, probiotics, and throwing everything in a blender seems to be gaining popularity.
  • BrendaPetersen
    BrendaPetersen Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Next new fad.....wait for it....wait....wait......is called Reality Whazoo!

What it is, is:

Reality of get up off your biscuit and exercise and put the dang fork and junk down! Good lord I can not believe everyone that is into the "QUICK FIX" and pay tons of money out the Whazoo just to fail. Now if your wanting the winning part of it well.. ding ding ding you win!!!! Now you now have ocean of added DEBT and guess what your probably still FAT!

• Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    I have an odd feeling its going to be Anti-protein
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    Prebiotics, probiotics, resistant starches, raw honey, gut microbiota etc...