Taking pictures is the best way to shame yourself back on track

Options
I can't be seen in pictures. I just can't. When I smile it looks awkward, so I never bother. But now seeing how fat and disgusting I am, it's motivated me to get back on track and stop screwing up. It's been so long since I could say I took pride in my appearance. Maybe Its my anxiety and lack of confidence talking, but I cant stand my fat face. I remember when I used to actually have bone structure. Now it's just so...round and puffy.

Sometimes when I don't look at myself for awhile I forget just how fat I am and get complacent. I need to stop doing that. I've got more than 80 lbs to lose and it won't come off if I'm not looking at the seriousness of my weight problem. I've finally gotten to the point where I'm full on less calories, so I think things are starting to turn around. Wish me luck guys!

DY0PyvW.jpg

Me last weekend at a painting class. I don't think my face has ever been so round. I can't stand it

9BhQhE1.jpg

Me just now at work. If my shirt wasn't black, you could see my gut hanging out and moobs. I'm sticking to my eating and exercise this time like a boss. I don't wanna be like this any longer

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    You're face dysmorphic

I think you look rather cute
  • reginastiffler
    reginastiffler Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    If hating yourself helps you lose weight, then more power to you. Personally, I don't think you look bad at all.
    For me, hating the way I look leads me to binge...
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    You're kinda cute. :D Wait till you start seeing cheekbones, and it looks like you've got a clef chin trying to peek out. ;)
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I think tons of guys would kill for a face like yours. You're gorgeous.
  • tia530
    tia530 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    You're handsome in both; good luck with your goals, you can do this ;)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    You need to back off yourownself!
  • juganaut
    juganaut Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Firstly, you're gorgeous.
    Secondly, work on your inner dialogue so that it's not so hateful towards yourself.
    Thirdly, get your act together and work towards what you want to achieve so you can look at yourself and be proud.

This is the advice I give to you and the advice I need to follow myself. I just had a binge session and I'm ashamed but instead of feeling hate, I am choosing to approach it like I would an injured bird and try to tenderly figure out why the *kitten* I just ate all that stuff...

Tomorrow is a new day.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Ya see cute becomes hot with inner confidence

Work on that bit
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Ya see cute becomes hot with inner confidence

Work on that bit

YES!
  • palwithme
    palwithme Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    You are VERY handsome, so change that ++++ right now. That will not change no matter how much weight you gain or lose. :D
  • NurseCU
    NurseCU Posts: 122 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I'm sure you wouldn't let anyone else talk to you the way you are talking to yourself. I see a very handsome man in both of your pictures. I think we all tend to focus on the little flaws we have in ourselves, but really, look at yourself, you have great features. Start telling yourself positive things you see in yourself, and build your confidence up instead of tearing it down. Love yourself because you are worth it. I think its great that you are so motivated, and wanting to make a change!
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    Options
    You are way to young for me, so I won't answer the way the teenyboppers did :) Whenever I accidentally see myself in a mirror or plate glass window, I still don't recognize myself. It's a shock that, wow, that's ME! I've lost 18 pounds since August, and am continuing to do so. Keep up with what you are doing!
  • 6154terrance
    6154terrance Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself. Because that will make you hate yourself any time you slip. I think the aggressiveness and determination to succeed are awesome though. I too have the round face, gut and moobs. I'm also sick of it. I'm going to be a healthier person. Your post is very brave. I congratulate you for it. I wish you all the best on your journey. I hope I can keep up my will power to succeed. If you need support/accountability I can be there for you. Terry

• obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    juganaut wrote: »
    I just had a binge session and I'm ashamed but instead of feeling hate, I am choosing to approach it like I would an injured bird and try to tenderly figure out why the *kitten* I just ate all that stuff...

hahahahahahahaha, I get this. "Why did I eat that? Oh, I was mad? Well, that's not terribly constructive."

Keep at it. Things will work out! And be kind to yourself.

• alawko
    Options
    I echo the others you are quite handsome but I understand not thinking the same. I'm torn because I think the negative self talk is harmful in the long run but if that's how you motivate yourself I understand it,maybe because I had myself convinced that even over 200 lbs I looked great and I've been fat my whole life and only now faced with health issues that I need to take care of myself and lose weight, I don't understand tying your self worth up in what your body looks like but deep down I do understand it hopefully when you lose whatever weight you want to lose you will appreciate that beautiful face of yours and appreciate yourself for who you are and the hard work that you put in to reach your goal.
    Hopefully I'm not coming off as preachy.
  • sarah72085
    sarah72085 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Personally I think you are very handsome but I know how what you think about yourself can be extremely different from what others think. Best of luck! Everyone will be rooting for you.
  • katkins73
    katkins73 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I bet your daughter thinks you are the most amazing man in the world :) I think you look great, I love the beard and don't think you look round faced at all, in fact you are blessed with the sort of looks that mean that you can get away with putting on a few pounds and just look rugged and manly! However I know how it is to hate the weight. Use it as motivation ;)
  • karyabc
    karyabc Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    :( WTF dude fat and disgusting?? let's just say if you would be in a dating site i would PM ASAP B) #NoShame *_*
  • maxit
    maxit Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    "Let the beatings continue until morale improves" doesn't work for me :)
  • Ooci
    Ooci Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Why do you think this way? You're a smouldering, handsome hunk of a man!