Weight loss projection

Options
2»

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    when I was losing weight I was pretty consistent and did things as accurately as possible...it's not linear, but by and large I lost at the projected rate as an average over time...not exactly X weeks or whatever.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • zenaxe
    zenaxe Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I was intrigued by that initially but it doesn't hold much for me now. The main thing is to log in to keep track. As long as you're in caloric deficit ie weighing food etc etc, and exercising, all should be moving along nicely. Again think fat loss verses weight loss. Scale measurements can fluctuate with sodium intake, water retention, this and that so fat loss is what really counts. Whether you weigh this or that in five weeks is only a part of the picture. 3500 calories is 1 lbs of fat. Stay the course man, good luck
  • jjskk
    jjskk Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Great to know. Thanks for doing this experiment. I'd always wondered too.
  • jimicarpenter1283
    jimicarpenter1283 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thank you all
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I believe it is accuate, depending on your accuracy in using the app. However, there is just not way to account for daily weight fluctuations. I think you weight trend would match up, but the exact weight from today and the exact weight 5 weeks from now will not be perfect.
  • jimicarpenter1283
    Options
    Tomorrow is the day to weigh in fingers crossed
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Crossed
  • LadyDi632015
    LadyDi632015 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am new and have wondered that every night! I love reading your progress and anxious to find out the results. Way to stay persistent!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    "if". Don't miss that part.
  • margieshoe
    margieshoe Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Yup!. It was right on the money.I marked what I was supposed to weigh by Valentines day. I stuck to my calorie and modest work out and met the projected weight loss. It definitely has motivated me to keep going! Mark it on your calendar and aim for that goal
  • jimicarpenter1283
    Options
    Ok so the weigh in has commenced......... And wait for it ................ I was supposed to weigh 295 by today I have stuck very close to the same calorie intake daily same exercise routine for the last 5 weeks I have changed only what I'm taking in (more protein). So take this as you want! This morning I weighed 290.6 beat it by 4.4lbs!!!!!!!!!yay I'm still going strong and this was just an experiment I know it's just a guess and next time it might be wrong. But It has been a great motivation tool to tuff it out and keep going! If it matters I started 5weeks ago @309lbs‌
  • jimicarpenter1283
    Options
    But I had already lost 30 before that since May 2014
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!

• wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    Wow! I'm going to try and track it too. Great job!!!!
  • Amanda4change
    Amanda4change Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Ok so the weigh in has commenced......... And wait for it ................ I was supposed to weigh 295 by today I have stuck very close to the same calorie intake daily same exercise routine for the last 5 weeks I have changed only what I'm taking in (more protein). So take this as you want! This morning I weighed 290.6 beat it by 4.4lbs!!!!!!!!!yay I'm still going strong and this was just an experiment I know it's just a guess and next time it might be wrong. But It has been a great motivation tool to tuff it out and keep going! If it matters I started 5weeks ago @309lbs‌

Awesome job! Congratulations on the loss!
  • SunflowerCat74
    SunflowerCat74 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • jimicarpenter1283
    Options
    Thank you everyone this is an awesome adventure I played soccer my entire childhood and as a young adult but let myself go a couple years back I will get there once again
  • fatjon73
    fatjon73 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Congrats I'm glad it is working for you, I wish I had similar results, I started 5 weeks ago and so far have lost 4lbs, should be 11+ in fact I went up this weekend to my starting weight.........I have been over my daily goal 7 times in last 30 days, and that was by 1 or 2 hundred no even close to maintenance for me, if you take my daily average it is 150 less than MFP have set for the last 6 weeks,(and yes I am logging correctly and weighing food etc etc) I'm set to lose 2lbs a week....I will keep trying, gonna adjust my intake myself.....
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    Amazing determination and results. Good job sticking to it! You have given me some extra motivation to do the same for the next 5 weeks. I would like to test this out too! I lost motivation for a while, but hopefully back on track. Thanks for the consistency and post.