The best peanut butter?

Options

Replies

• lozzyhunxx
    lozzyhunxx Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have Sunpat crunchy - the only one I've ever had! I might try almond butter next, but I limit my amount of PB or else I end up eating way too much :s
  • liftingandlipstick
    liftingandlipstick Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    jnv7594 wrote: »

I don't understand the PB2 love at all I guess. You can find peanut butter without any additives...the one I listed is just peanuts and salt. Someone else listed another brand that is the same. And I usually eat it for the calories and healthy fats it contains. Real peanut butter is healthier imo.

http://www.prevention.com/food/smart-shopping/healthy-eating-why-peanut-butter-good-you

Real peanut butter IS good for you. If you need to ingest more calories, and peanut butter helps you to do that, more power to you. But some people need to cut calories, but still want to satisfy peanut butter cravings. Some people have moderation issues, so "make 1 serving of real PB fit into your day" doesn't work for them. PB2 is an acceptable substitute in many situations- you get the flavor without all of the extra calories. I keep both in my house and use them as the situation demands.

*Disclaimer: I cannot CANNOT mix PB2 with water and use it just like regular PB. It is not pleasant. But in smoothies/yogurt/mashed up with a banana, it's lovely :)

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options

I don't understand the PB2 love at all I guess. You can find peanut butter without any additives...the one I listed is just peanuts and salt. Someone else listed another brand that is the same. And I usually eat it for the calories and healthy fats it contains. Real peanut butter is healthier imo.

http://www.prevention.com/food/smart-shopping/healthy-eating-why-peanut-butter-good-you

Real peanut butter IS good for you. If you need to ingest more calories, and peanut butter helps you to do that, more power to you. But some people need to cut calories, but still want to satisfy peanut butter cravings. Some people have moderation issues, so "make 1 serving of real PB fit into your day" doesn't work for them. PB2 is an acceptable substitute in many situations- you get the flavor without all of the extra calories. I keep both in my house and use them as the situation demands.

*Disclaimer: I cannot CANNOT mix PB2 with water and use it just like regular PB. It is not pleasant. But in smoothies/yogurt/mashed up with a banana, it's lovely :)

I tried the Reese's peanut butter and chocolate spread in Oatmeal and frankly couldn't tell the difference taste-wise compared to PB2 chocolate and a bit of sugar. Definitely could tell the difference calorie-wise though... and it didn't fill me up that much more.

Granted, it's not real peanut butter, but yeah.
  • tommyb1997
    tommyb1997 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Sun pat ftw simple quality and no stupid oil to mix in
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Peter Pan Honey Roasted. Best peanut butter ever.

Seconded
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Peter Pan Honey Roasted. Best peanut butter ever.

Seconded

I couldn't find it unfortunately.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

This. I gave myself a peanut butter in moderation challenge last week and failed. I was OKAY with gelato, chocolate, etc...Something about peanut butter though makes it very hard for me. I finally caved and bought the PB2 today. I think we will get along fine.

Edit: To answer the question, I tried a brand called Brad's today that was absolutely marvelous.
  • amf0324
    amf0324 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I eat PB2 and I love it. Peanuts, sugar, salt...
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    shellma00 wrote: »
    peanut-butter-and-co-flavors-review-01.jpgall natural

Amen to that.

I'm taking my wife to New York this year, the pretense being as a birthday present. I really just want to visit the PB&Co shop.
  • Runcakes
    Runcakes Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Homemade - just peanuts!
  • MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I like both Jif Natural and Skippy Natural made with honey. I can't really tell the difference, Just love that honey taste in both, I buy whichever one is on sale. My daughter likes the chocolate Jif
  • Sarahliquid
    Sarahliquid Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Skippy natural creamy
  • toogsmom
    toogsmom Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Some of the sugar content in pb is high. You could almost have a candy bar in some of the flavored varieties. I really like the smuckers all natural pb. Yes it has oil and yes you have to stir. But like someone else said IG you stir then turn upside down in the fridge you only have to stir just once. Smuckers all natural tastes surprisingly sweet but however has 1 gram of sugar for 2 tbsp. It is amazing in my book!
  • softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Health food store by my house makes honey nut peanut butter, and chocolate chip peanut butter, I would sell my soul for.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options

I forgot how good the Cinnamon Raisin Swirl is! I might have to pick up on of those the next time I go to Wal-Mart.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    We use Adams Peanut butter (peanuts, salt). It's made by Smuckers I think.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
  • PaleoGoalkeeper
    Options
    Easily Adam's Natural Peanut Butter. I get it from Winco and Walmart I believe.
  • jennismagic
    jennismagic Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    The fresh stuff at Whole Foods. Their almond butter is pretty good, too.
  • KitkatcuteNYC
    KitkatcuteNYC Posts: 150 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »

Amen to that.

I'm taking my wife to New York this year, the pretense being as a birthday present. I really just want to visit the PB&Co shop.

Honestly the shop is not anything special. Just saying..