Im a lacto ovo vegetarian and i need some food ideas. plz post your pics. Vegans too..

Options
2»

Replies

• babybellyfat
    babybellyfat Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    WOW looks good im going to try this!! thx!!!!
    I have some tofu left i might do this tm.
    Teneko wrote: »
    kramrn77 wrote: »
    I have had to cut out pretty much all meatless meats (I am not actually vegetarian, but do like having meatless meals) since being diagnosed with celiac. But I've been kicking around the idea of making my own lentil or black bean patties. It's just hard to get the hubby on board.

Hey, I had the same problem when I was primarily meatless AND wheatless.
    There are some good ones out there, though.
    If there's a Trader Joe's near you, look for the soy chorizo. It's basically crumbled tofu marinated in chorizo style seasonings. The best I've had. If they don't have it, a close second is the Torfurky Chorizo Style. My red meat eating Texan SO would actually eat both with his breakfast tacos (soft corn tortilla, of course).
    There's also the old standby of just plain extra firm tofu, sliced and fried. I used to coat it in garlic powder and olive oil, then fry it in a skillet. Serve it with some fried sliced polenta and cover both with tomato sauce, and your choice of veg on the side. I have a pic here of said "tofu steaks". The veg on the side is a melange from Trader Joe's freezer section.

Italian01.png

Oh yeah. For those of you who think vegan / dairy free / gluten free food is all healthy sawdust junk...feast your eyes on this:

sundae01.png

ALL VEGAN. Gluten free waffle bowl with ice cream: chocolate chai, chocolate habanero ("FireBird"), cubano coffee (mmm...hint of cinnamon), caramel sauce, and chopped pecans.

-T.

• KaraAlste
    KaraAlste Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    My go to vegan dressing is:
    (*) 3tbs balsamic vinegar, 2tbs Dijon mustard, 1tbs real maple syrup. (*)
  • lemonsurprise
    lemonsurprise Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Fish less pie http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2303636/family-meals-easy-fish-pie
    Replace fish with tofu, milk with non dairy, butter with non dairy etc

Chocolate cupcakes
    http://m.instructables.com/id/The-BEST-chococlate-cake-ever...that-happens-to-be/

Quiche
    http://minimalistbaker.com/simple-tofu-quiche/

Garlic cheesy pasta
    http://minimalistbaker.com/creamy-vegan-garlic-pasta-with-roasted-tomatoes/

Potato onion and cheese flan
    I use jus roll pastry. The centre is grated potato, chopped onion, garlic fried. Add a tablespoon of flour, salt, anything else you want to use and nutritional yeast and mix. Add non dairy milk a little at a time until you have a really stodgy mix and transfer to pastry.

Chickenless nuggets
    In a bowl add a tablespoon of flour and whatever flavouring you want. I add dried parsley, salt, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder and nutritional yeast. Add non dairy milk until it's runny enough to coat the tofu chunks but thick enough so it doesn't come off.
    Marinate tofu, drain. Cut in to chunks.
    Dip chunks in mix and then in bread crumbs. Bake in oven on low heat for 15/20 mins.

Sorry they're a bit vague, I just make it up as I go sometimes!

Are you in the UK? Sauce-wise pretty much all the big supermarkets stock vegan mayo in the free from section. Hp brown sauce, jack Daniels BBQ sauce and most tomato ketchups are all vegan. Lots of salad dressings are and the odd BBQ sauce will be. Pretty sure heinz BBQ is vegan, and of course homous!
    Or you can make you own with a flour/non dairy milk base and add whatever you want. Smoked paprika is nice.
  • babybellyfat
    Options
    YUM YUM YUM im going to have a heart attack olol I love ice cream!

Teneko wrote: »
    kramrn77 wrote: »
    I have had to cut out pretty much all meatless meats (I am not actually vegetarian, but do like having meatless meals) since being diagnosed with celiac. But I've been kicking around the idea of making my own lentil or black bean patties. It's just hard to get the hubby on board.

Hey, I had the same problem when I was primarily meatless AND wheatless.
    There are some good ones out there, though.
    If there's a Trader Joe's near you, look for the soy chorizo. It's basically crumbled tofu marinated in chorizo style seasonings. The best I've had. If they don't have it, a close second is the Torfurky Chorizo Style. My red meat eating Texan SO would actually eat both with his breakfast tacos (soft corn tortilla, of course).
    There's also the old standby of just plain extra firm tofu, sliced and fried. I used to coat it in garlic powder and olive oil, then fry it in a skillet. Serve it with some fried sliced polenta and cover both with tomato sauce, and your choice of veg on the side. I have a pic here of said "tofu steaks". The veg on the side is a melange from Trader Joe's freezer section.

Italian01.png

Oh yeah. For those of you who think vegan / dairy free / gluten free food is all healthy sawdust junk...feast your eyes on this:

sundae01.png

ALL VEGAN. Gluten free waffle bowl with ice cream: chocolate chai, chocolate habanero ("FireBird"), cubano coffee (mmm...hint of cinnamon), caramel sauce, and chopped pecans.

-T.

• babybellyfat
    Options
    awesome thx hun im going to try to make it!!

KaraAlste wrote: »
    My go to vegan dressing is:
    (*) 3tbs balsamic vinegar, 2tbs Dijon mustard, 1tbs real maple syrup. (*)

• babybellyfat
    Options
    Thank you all for the recipes and pics! send more if you have. what do you have for breakfast?? lunch?? dinner?? Snack?
  • babybellyfat
    Options
    Thanks sooo much!! Im in canada!! Montreal Quebec Canada! I have a hard time know what sauces, dressing ect are ok to eat.. Learning as i go!

Fish less pie http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2303636/family-meals-easy-fish-pie
    Replace fish with tofu, milk with non dairy, butter with non dairy etc

Chocolate cupcakes
    http://m.instructables.com/id/The-BEST-chococlate-cake-ever...that-happens-to-be/

Quiche
    http://minimalistbaker.com/simple-tofu-quiche/

Garlic cheesy pasta
    http://minimalistbaker.com/creamy-vegan-garlic-pasta-with-roasted-tomatoes/

Potato onion and cheese flan
    I use jus roll pastry. The centre is grated potato, chopped onion, garlic fried. Add a tablespoon of flour, salt, anything else you want to use and nutritional yeast and mix. Add non dairy milk a little at a time until you have a really stodgy mix and transfer to pastry.

Chickenless nuggets
    In a bowl add a tablespoon of flour and whatever flavouring you want. I add dried parsley, salt, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder and nutritional yeast. Add non dairy milk until it's runny enough to coat the tofu chunks but thick enough so it doesn't come off.
    Marinate tofu, drain. Cut in to chunks.
    Dip chunks in mix and then in bread crumbs. Bake in oven on low heat for 15/20 mins.

Sorry they're a bit vague, I just make it up as I go sometimes!

Are you in the UK? Sauce-wise pretty much all the big supermarkets stock vegan mayo in the free from section. Hp brown sauce, jack Daniels BBQ sauce and most tomato ketchups are all vegan. Lots of salad dressings are and the odd BBQ sauce will be. Pretty sure heinz BBQ is vegan, and of course homous!
    Or you can make you own with a flour/non dairy milk base and add whatever you want. Smoked paprika is nice.

• SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    I just made an awesome salad with baby spinach, roasted butternut squash, and quinoa with white balsamic dressing. It's pretty amazing!
  • babybellyfat
    Options
    aujmvyl1ut5i.jpg
    r552epbym6px.jpg
    yl75exz85aj9.jpg
    omyj72njpuyk.jpg
    p6zs9tjhbf7l.jpg
    sd0otr8xntr3.jpg
    02kq3nm41pfl.jpg
    z1suerdaw91k.jpg
    I just made an awesome salad with baby spinach, roasted butternut squash, and quinoa with white balsamic dressing. It's pretty amazing!

• babybellyfat
    Options
    I have these things that my friend got for me in the states and i have not ate them because i dont know if they are VEGAN friendly!
  • babybellyfat
    Options
    I dont know if any of you see the ingredients are they ok?? vegan ?
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    I dunno about vegan, but that jerk seasoning is awesome! There used to be a restaurant nearby called Hey Mon! which served jerk chicken and jerk fries and it was amazing! I miss that place.
  • babybellyfat
    Options
  • babybellyfat
    Options
  • babybellyfat
    Options
    I check the site http://www.peta.org/living/food/accidentally-vegan/ i found some stuff.. Are they really vegan wow!

Kraft Balsamic Dressing
    Kraft Catalina Dressing
    Kraft Classic Italian Vinaigrette Dressing
    Kraft Creamy Italian Dressing
    Kraft Fat Free Italian Dressing
    Kraft French Dressing
    Newman’s Light Balsamic Dressing
    Newman’s Light Italian Dressing
    Newman’s Light Raspberry and Walnut Dressing
    Newman’s Olive Oil and Vinegar Dressing
    Newman’s Red Wine Vinaigrette and Olive Oil Dressing
    Newman’s Regular Balsamic Dressing

also Old El Paso Taco Seasoning Mix i didnt even know that was vegan!! wow
  • rocknrollfire
    rocknrollfire Posts: 30 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    ok, a lot of these are some pretty big meals because i only ever seem to take photos of my food when i'm having a feast! but here you go (all of these are vegan btw) --

tumblr_nii4ivrTof1sb2c1mo1_500.jpg
    cornbread muffin w/ pickled okra and olives; roasted brussels sprouts; baked+breaded tofu; roasted beets; mashed sweet potato

tumblr_n9qe8tvkIx1sb2c1mo1_500.jpg
    wholegrain bread with tempeh strips + roasted cauliflower + kale + grilled tomato + garlic scape pesto. with some snap peas on the side.

tumblr_n0nk7t2oJD1sb2c1mo1_500.jpg
    "pizza" with a shredded potato crust, cauliflower-cashew white sauce, arugula, broccoli, and lots of black pepper

tumblr_nfyparB1F81t0abjjo1_500.jpg
    homemade 4-grain porridge (rice, oats, quinoa, and wheatberry) with banana, date, apple, hemp/chia/pumpkin seeds, and flax oil.

my main meals this week have been:
    - spiralized zucchini with vegan marinara sauce (super easy: 1 jar of spicy tomato sauce, 1 packet of yves italian ground round, a lot of frozen spinach, and some sauteed onion+garlic)
    - homemade falafel, either in balls or burger form! i don't have a recipe for this because my boyfriend made it, but there are tons of good recipes around.
  • adriennel502
    adriennel502 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm vegetarian for 18 years now (although I don't eat fish so can't help you there!) No photo, though, sorry!
    One of my favourites is vegetarian meatballs.

1 cup rolled oats
    3 eggs
    1 cup cottage cheese
    1 tp vegetarian stock powder
    1 onion finely chopped
    25g grated cheese
    1 clove garlic
    1 tp dried basil
    1 tp salt
    1/2 tp sugar
    2 cans chopped or pureed tomatoes (alternatively 1 can concentrated tomato soup with 1 can water)

Mix everything together up to and including the salt. I precook the onion in the microwave but not necessary if you don't like your onion thoroughly soft like I do!
    Put the tomatoes and sugar together (I add a little extra salt too) for the sauce. Put a little of the sauce in the base of a large pan or dish and shape the rest of the mix into 'meatballs' on top. A little larger than golfballs works for me, and makes about 15. Pour the rest of the tomato on top and bake for about 30 mins. Nice with a salad or veges, and works out at about 216kilojoules (54 calories) (at least it does on my recipe!) per meatball. I usually have 2 or 3 with salad. I don't know a single person we've served it to who hasn't liked it, even my hardcore carnivorous friends! :smiley:
  • babybellyfat
    Options
    mmmmm thanks all ive been making some. thansk keep on posting!!!
  • babybellyfat
    Options
    WOW 18 years!! thats awesome!

Hi I'm vegetarian for 18 years now (although I don't eat fish so can't help you there!) No photo, though, sorry!
    One of my favourites is vegetarian meatballs.