10 pounds lighter and tighter by April - Support thread!

Options

Replies

• meglettuce
    meglettuce Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    @huango‌
    Well done on your self control! I've just eaten a handful of crisps before dinner, oops!

So by supersets I mean I do for example 10 reps of squats then immediately 10 reps of ham curls and then rest for 2 minutes... then repeat twice more. I like it as I can get my whole work out done in about 50 minutes
  • yaafee
    yaafee Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    @‌steph_135 Make time for you to do whatever exercise you love, and to eat healthy. Be kind to yourself. The past doesn't matter, nor exist. Let it go, appreciate that you are doing this now, cause that's the only time we ever have. Focus on the positive and build on that. Is some things slows you do, but let that pass and keep on going. -- I sent your sage words of advice to another MFPer, thanks for the encouragement (your influence reaches beyond).
  • SuzyH
    SuzyH Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    And have fun! Keep it light! This is hard, so we might as well have some good times doing things other than eating! :D Thanks all for helping me on this journey and for all the encouragement!
  • faelight
    faelight Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    :DGreat work, everyone!! Reading your progress is really inspiring to me! I love that we're all in this together. Welcome to the new peeps, too! o:)

My goal today is to be under my calorie line and to get a good cardio workout in. Sounds really simple but this is me trying to focus on today, one day at a time! My weekend was not a goal-achieving weekend so I'm here to make it better today. Wishing you all a Happy Monday!
  • got2go2concerts
    got2go2concerts Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Would love to do this, going on Cruise April 12th so if I can loose 10 lbs by April 1st I would love too. Need friends and motivation feel free to send me requests..
  • LilMissTucknRoll
    LilMissTucknRoll Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Just a progress report: I am down 2.8 lb since we started. Yay! I am going to see the DWTS tour tonight and I have a dress but it is a little tight in the hips and a little shorter than I'm used to, and I never wear heels so this will be interesting. I'm still excited though! Wish I had a better pic for you. It has a sheer back with buttons up the middle.6e1kt1x2xumm.jpg
  • faelight
    faelight Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Just a progress report: I am down 2.8 lb since we started. Yay! I am going to see the DWTS tour tonight and I have a dress but it is a little tight in the hips and a little shorter than I'm used to, and I never wear heels so this will be interesting. I'm still excited though! Wish I had a better pic for you. It has a sheer back with buttons up the middle.

Congrats!! Have fun tonight!
  • ErinG0517
    ErinG0517 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm absolutely in! I love having support from all you wonderful people!

SW: 218 (When I first started working out, January 2014)
    CW: 170
    GW: (For this challenge): 150-155, ultimate goal weight is 120-140.

I've been working really hard, and generally losing about a pound a week. So yay!
  • Motivatedforfitness
    Options
    You look great! Totally cute dress. Have a blast.

• huango
    huango Posts: 1,007 Member
    Options
    FORTY days, baby!
    40 days of NO NIGHT-TIME SNACKING!!!

It may not be a big deal for many, but from my past Oct-Dec months of no-control stuffing of my face, sometimes almost as soon as I finish dinner, of snacks, this is a big deal.
    Go me!

And I'm totally loving this no-cut week!
    I had Tostino buffalo pizza rolls and Alexia sweet potato fries for dinner. Hehehhehee
    (Yes, totally focusing on protein tomorrow).

Anyone have this Victoria's Secret's bikini bottom?
    I'm thinking of getting it as a reward/incentive.
    The reviews sounds like a good fit for me:
    - the ruffles to not exaggerate my love handles
    - the back ruching to help emphasize the butt cheeks
    I usually wear the string bikini so I can loosely tie them, so that the sides do not dig into my muffin tops.

V420581.jpg

@LilMissTucknRoll‌
    Love the dress. You have to post the backside.
    How was the show?

@ErinG0517‌
    Sounds like you've been working really hard. WTG.
    share some good tips/secrets.
  • stephmw9
    stephmw9 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Just a progress report: I am down 2.8 lb since we started. Yay! I am going to see the DWTS tour tonight and I have a dress but it is a little tight in the hips and a little shorter than I'm used to, and I never wear heels so this will be interesting. I'm still excited though! Wish I had a better pic for you. It has a sheer back with buttons up the middle.6e1kt1x2xumm.jpg

The dress looks great and have fun!!
  • stephmw9
    stephmw9 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    oops i "quoted" the picture as well B)
  • nanavickig
    nanavickig Posts: 30 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Hi! i'd like to join this challenge. I've been tracking on mfp for the last 3 weeks, lost about half a stone the first week and 1lb each wk on the 2nd and 3rd wk. I am doing a half marathon in april so i want to lose weight before that to help me run it better/easier. Last time i weighed was sunday and i was 146lb, my goal is to weigh 136lb by 19th april (10wks from last weigh). The last couple of years I have struggled with binge eating issues and gained 32lb. This is the first time in those 2 yrs i feel back in control of my eating! How i have overcome it is by not being too strict, i am allowing 2 days off diet each week if i want to (although i have chosen to stay on plan for last 8 days anyway) I also change the type of diet I choose to do each day to suit my plans/mood that day. Next week i am away for a few days and i shall not diet at all. My most helpful distraction from snacking methods are knitting while watching tv (started last week and i cant believe how much better i feel, the urge to snack while watching tv has gone!!) and i started a february reading challenge to read 20 pages every day to get me back into reading (which i used to love but have struggled to get into a book for last few yrs) I soon couldnt put my book down and im now on my 2nd book this month, again i dont think about snacking while absorbed in a good book!! I also started a 5k a day challenge at the beginning of the year, running, walking or cycling (on my stationary bike) everyday. Please add me, im looking for friends on my journey! :-D
  • yaafee
    yaafee Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Welcome! Keep making those positive choices!
  • kimlo2015
    Options
    I'm in too! This is great. I've been looking for support and a friend to help with motivation. This is fab for that. I started a couple weeks ago and have lost 5 pounds. I'm really happy with how things are going but previously when I've tried to lose weight I've struggled after the first few weeks and began to give in to temptation. I think having this sort of community support will keep me going. Thanks everyone. My goal is to reach 9st 7lb by mid April when a friend is getting married. I have 13lbs to go.

• KasandraKristine
    KasandraKristine Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'd like I join if it's not too late!! I have a 13 month old son and much to my surprise last summer when he was about 6 months I weighed the lowest I had weighed since I got married. I was a breast feeding mom and it sucked all the fat; now however after not pumping for 5 months I've managed to gain 10 lbs back and I'm not as happy with my body. I'm learning that I need to start being concious again of eating and exercising without the automatic burned calories from breastmilk.

Current weight- 165lbs
    Goal weight- 155lbs
    Exercise- run at least 2x per week and go walking or take my son to the park 2x per week
    Food- log everything everyday
  • KasandraKristine
    KasandraKristine Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Also, since I was pregnant and absent for about 2 years all of my MFP friends have moved on. Looking for new supporters!
  • Lisajohnston
    Lisajohnston Posts: 79 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I'm in. It took me a month to lose 2lbs but I was not consistent. I have been pretty consistent for 2 weeks or so now so I hope it will make the difference. I lost 40 lbs a couple of years ago and have gained around 20 back. I need to get that and a bit more off. I am getting married in September so I want to lose some but not all by then because I already bought my dress. I am eating better and working out more. My fiance is just in the past couple of weeks on board with eating better so it makes it easier for me. Lucky him he dropped 16lbs in a couple of weeks, but he was not eating much as he had surgery so it wasn't a pleasant way to lose weight. He is also much larger than me being a foot taller, male and a naturally larger framed.

My goal weight overall is 120-125lbs. I will wait to see when I get there, I am currently 154lbs. I am 5'0.
  • jonikayrn
    jonikayrn Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I started this challenge on 1/24/15 at 205. My current weight is 195.8. I have lost 9.2 lbs in 3 weeks. The last 2-3 days I have been really hungry -never really feeling satisfied. My calorie goal was 1330, but I decided to increase it by 100 - 150 calories to try to get to a point where I'm not feeling hungry so much. Anyone have any advice or feedback?
  • itsgradyy
    itsgradyy Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    So happy I found this thread!! I've been working on losing 10 lbs by the beginning of April! It's just tough because I don't have a lot to lose so I feel like these last few pounds are killing me!!

And when I have cheat meals...I feel like I gain it all back. Does anyone else feel this same guilt?!