Saving calories for night snacks??

Options
2»

Replies

• _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    I don't "save" them for this purpose, but I have dessert (almost always chocolate) every single night. That's how it's planned out ahead of time. If it fits my macros, it's fair game.
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I always eat a small meal. Yesterday I planned to eat at maintenance and I swear I looked forward to my scrambled eggs on toast with cheese all day.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    No, because I usually eat dinner quite late, but there's nothing wrong with it if it works for you.
  • JM1481
    JM1481 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I save for snacks. Snacks are important to me. Usually apples and popcorn are what I snuggle up with to watch a show or two in the evening. Like others said, you gotta find what works for you. As long a you are meeting your nutritional goals for the most part, save for all the snack you need!
  • jcim1ru
    jcim1ru Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Nope - snacks for me lead to more snacks and more snacks. I eat when it's meal time. I focus on eating and enjoying it and haven't wanted or needed snacks since I made the rule that they don't exist in my life.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Cheese and crackers. A handful of pistachios. And wine. Always wine.
  • Schenjena
    Schenjena Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I plan for a mid-afternoon snack. Seems to prevent me from overeating when I walk in the door. I don't eat after dinner. I try to go to bed early if I am in a snacking mode.
  • tmorm
    tmorm Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I like to save enough kj's to have a couple of squares of Lindt chocolate at night (every couple of days or so), the lime zest or sea salt caramel...delish! makes me not binge if I can fit a small treat into my daily kj's every couple of days :)
  • mkakids
    mkakids Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I eat most of my calories between 4 and 10pm. I stick to around 1800 a day, and usually have 1000-1200 left at 4.
  • chrisdraper90
    chrisdraper90 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Always.
    I eat about 60-70% of my calories at night.
  • shellrae1973
    shellrae1973 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I am a nighttime snacker so I always save calories for after dinner snacking. I wouldn't be able to stay on track if I didn't save the calories for the evening.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    i eat when i feel like it so long at it fits my goals
  • tinascar2015
    tinascar2015 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Before I began this journey one month ago today, I ate at night. Then I developed heartburn and acid reflux during the night. It was unbearable, so my solution was to take a Nexium every day. Now since ditching nighttime eating, I haven't taken one pill and haven't had any heartburn. Is anyone else bothered by indigestion from eating after dinner?