The Man Boob struggle

Options
2»

Replies

• jonfitz1
    jonfitz1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The thing that bothers me most about moobs is the difficulty finding t shirts for the gym. Is it just me or are most "sports" shops hopeless for this? I'd quite like to get some cheap t shirts to use as I lose weight but all the cheap ones are "see through". I end up having to go the more expensive clothes shops just to deal with the problem
  • RunnerStephe
    Options
    Sports bras for men.
  • kdeaux1959
    kdeaux1959 Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    If your body fat is 15% or less and they are still there, why not see a Dr. to see what is up with it... May be hereditary (sort of sounds like it) but also, they may be able to help you medically.
  • stacked
    stacked Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    this thread is hilarious
  • BramageOMG
    BramageOMG Posts: 319 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Like kdeaux said: Body fat above 15% you're gonna have boobs... I'm at +/-11%, and boobies are gone- finally I sold my man-bra's on ebay to some fetish guy.

And it may just be an optical illusion, but the penis seems to get longer as the moobs shrink.. just FYI
  • redfisher1974
    redfisher1974 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    stacked wrote: »
    this thread is hilarious

Hey Moobs are a serious issue! J\k

• fat2fit4good
    Options
    SLHysell wrote: »
    I don't mind my man boobs too much... but they do bother me when I twerk and they hit me in the face...

I almost choked on my morning coke when I read this. Note to self: you never know when something will literally make you laugh out loud.

well I am glad I didn't tell you about my shirtless skydiving incident...
  • spulia1
    spulia1 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Wow I walked away from this thread after I posted it! Thanks for the support/advice/laughs everyone! Glad to know I'm not the only one!
  • spulia1
    Options
    BramageOMG wrote: »
    I sold my man-bra's on ebay to some fetish guy.

This is the greatest and best thing I've ever read.
  • kookykrazee
    kookykrazee Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You need Kramer's manzier. But, seriously, I got down to around 190lbs (6'1" tall) and I still have them, though not as much as I do now and am around 215lbs. I hope I can work through this, they really really bug me, not to the point where I will get surgery, but still.
  • palwithme
    palwithme Posts: 860 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Hard to give advice without knowing your cup size. It is probably not as bad as you think. I think I have seen ONE guy in my entire life where I thought "Jeez, check out those knockers." I don't think women care much about moobs if that is what you are worry about. Why don't you lift and build it out with muscle? That's really good looking. :D

• kinkyslinky16
    kinkyslinky16 Posts: 1,469 Member
    Options
    spulia1 wrote: »
    Anyone else out there struggling to vanquish their man boobs? I can't be the only one. Anyone out there succeed in eliminating their boobage?

My personal man boob struggle has been life long, and I'm pretty sure it's genetic. My maternal grandfather had some pretty serious boobage, but was a WW2 vet and in good shape otherwise, and when I was thinner (though definitely not thin) I still had man boobs. I've always been self-conscious about them, and even as I lose weight and gain muscle, they just kind of get perkier and fuller. Like... I guess I'll settle for nice man boobs?

Let's commiserate about our man boobs. Share you man boob stories.

I know this is a few months old.. but I like boobs. If you're still around, PM me. I'd like to see them titties.
  • Jasonmylis
    Jasonmylis Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am quite familiar with the struggle, lol I have found that heavy weight training helps transform them back into manly pecs. Also, you want to avoid beer and soy products as they increase estrogen and decrease testosterone, which only makes the man boob issue worse.
  • runfoorun
    runfoorun Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I feel you on the struggle spulia. I don't think mine will ever go away. I wear black a lot :)
  • zezelryck
    zezelryck Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I've lost 186lb and am down to 143lb and I still have them. I think my skin must have stretched when I was so big. They don't look too bad if I am standing up straight, but I have to remember to not lean over without a top on in public lol :-)
  • JasonH_DFW
    JasonH_DFW Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    So few tips here as i struggle with this:
    • Work on lower body fat obviously but also cut carbs and sodium. Carbs and sodium make you retain excess water (4grams per 1g of glycogen iirc).
    • Work on wide dips and upper hex presses. This allows ou yto have a tight up top and a v taper to offset the boobage.
    • Work on your lats, this pulls the side boob area back and flares out the lat wings to narrow the few of the front
    • as you loose weight rubdown with coconut oil. this tightens the skin back so its not hanging.

Hope these help, good luck!
  • jamesc9282014
    Options
    I don't mind my man boobs too much... but they do bother me when I twerk and they hit me in the face...

Lmfao!!!!
  • vvallentyne
    vvallentyne Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I found this and though it might help you there are two different types and two different approaches to resolving the problem. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQOJ-aqclFs
    Good luck!
  • spulia1
    Options
    jhitt1975 wrote: »
    So few tips here as i struggle with this:...
    • as you loose weight rubdown with coconut oil. this tightens the skin back so its not hanging.

There is some pretty serious chest hair that's gonna get lubed up if I go this route. It will probably be too sexy to handle.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. For the record I do lift pretty heavy and I'm working on those back muscles too. I'll put the rest of the knowledge to good use.