Did you lose weight for yourself or somebody else?

Options

Replies

• lmr0528
    lmr0528 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Totally for me. My husband has repeatedly told me that I'm beautiful and that he loves me no matter what. But I need to feel that way about myself.
  • JM1481
    JM1481 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    For meeee!
  • jessupbrady
    jessupbrady Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Myself, and to piss my ex off who said I couldn't do it (because she couldn't do it and didn't want me to become attractive to other people).
  • CariJean64
    CariJean64 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Yes. ;)
  • ahoier
    ahoier Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    for me......growing up all through school, i was always the fat kid, picked last at gym class....come my 10 yr class reunion i was like incognito, they didn't recognize me haha. crazy.
  • Gemini61454
    Gemini61454 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I do it for me because it is accomplishing something that only I can do. I do it so that I hopefully can be healthier to be there for those that I love. Just read the serenity prayer. That seems to express it for me. For whatever reason it is definitely more fun shopping :)
  • chelsy0587
    chelsy0587 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    For myself, and for my son <3 ... I want to be able to fit down the slide he wants me to follow him down... I want to sit in a movie theater seat and be comfortable...

I also want to know that I am giving him everything he needs as far as nutrition and exercise so he grows up knowing that's just a part of everyday life.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    jpaulie wrote: »
    for my cat. it couldn't sit on my stomach without rolling off.

This may be the best reason to lose weight I've ever heard.
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Defo for myself. Once I felt more confident, it attracted the attention of someone who I ended up in a relationship with. I was happily single before, and they do say when you're happy it radiates.
  • GingerbreadCandy
    GingerbreadCandy Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Both myself and somebody else. Actually, my original reason for wanting to be fit was a mixture of really weird reasons that were for others only.

Now it's mostly for myself. I got bored and needed to find a new motivation.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    It started all about me and I have become more selfish with my time...saying "no" to things like happy hour or dinners out so I can get my gym time in. Granted, there is parts of doing it for others also. I was single before, I am still single but would like a real relationship. I needed to boost my confidence and love myself before I can expect to attract someone that may love me.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    jpaulie wrote: »
    for my cat. it couldn't sit on my stomach without rolling off.

That's funny...my dog has gotten some benefits from my weight loss. He gets longer, more frequent walks and I hare the couch better with him when we are just being lazy :smiley:
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Tons of people lose weight for someone else. They lose weight so their children will have a mother or father later in life, they lose weight so their friends and families don't have to experience loss, they lose weight so they won't be as likely to burden their loved ones. All those reasons are for other people, but they come from a place of caring and love and are effective motivators.

Me? I lost weight because of no one. I did it on a whim... it's weird. Maybe my motivation just changes way too frequently to be anything very specific. It was very much a case of "well, she's doing it... I'll join her" with my friend. I had some interest, I just don't know why...
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Yes.
  • rschluet
    rschluet Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    For myself and my family. I have a 5 year old that I want to be around for for as long as I can!
  • Bukeelaka
    Options
    It's hardly a surprise that some people do it to feel like they are more attractive for their partner/crush/hook-ups/whoever. People make changes and 'improvements' etc. to their physical selves for other people all the time. We wear cologne and perfume to smell nice, bras so our boobs look more perky, lipstick to make our lips more noticeable, smart clothes to impress, the list is endless. It's no biggie, and no 'miserable' thing either, it just is.

I really like this^^^
  • Jolinia
    Jolinia Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    Definitely for me, but partly in hopes of meeting somebody else. So far no luck with that part. But at least now I can conceive of someone actually seeing me naked in the future.
  • daw0518
    daw0518 Posts: 459 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    That's an interesting question, actually. I'm doing it for myself, but I was motivated by a run in with an ex (AKA, we slept together) a little over a year ago. I was so self conscious & embarrassed about the fact that I had probably gained 30lbs since the last time we were together. It was definitely the push I needed.
  • ckays82
    ckays82 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Me defiantly! I wanted to feel better to be active and healthy, so it only made since that I needed to use that as motivation to keep at it on a daily basis. I feel better physically and and I have more energy than I ever felt before. It even helped my asthma, which I'd had since a little kid. My clothes fit better and noticed that I stand up straighter due to all the running and strength training I do. All good things!
  • yusaku02
    yusaku02 Posts: 3,476 Member
    Options
    Me.
    I was disgusted with myself. Being out of breath from taking the stairs, my gut pushing away my leg when trying to clip toenails, heavy breathing from just sitting on the couch watching tv.
    So I lost 45 pounds and ran a marathon.