New Overeaters [Anonymous] Group

Options

Replies

• GrokRockStar
    GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    For those who are interested, please send me a request via my inbox (mail), or visit this link
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/101992-overeaters-anonymous

Also, just to reiterate, OA is a recovery program, not a diet program.

The requirement to join is participation.

Thanks!
  • Jasonmylis
    Jasonmylis Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I have been a binge eater for as long as I can remember and would definitely like an invite to your group :)
  • GrokRockStar
    GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
    Options
    @Jasonmylis, please visit the link above. Thanks for your interest!
  • Rskoochi
    Options
    I would like to join
  • melibuny
    melibuny Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Id love to join
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    I was a Binge eater previously and OA did not help my recovery since my problem was due to malnutrition. No amount of inappropriate food was giving me the micro-nutrients that my body desperately needed so the need to eat was never turned off. I have NOTHING against OA (my group was full of terrific people) but I am hoping that people also look at the FOOD because it's almost always the food; whether it's obesity, depression, BED, diabetes, autoimmune disorders, etc, etc. Supposed "emotional" and "psychological" issues are very often PHYSIOLOGICAL, aka "real", aka "not in your head". I only came to this realization after I was no longer malnourished. Many of us in our society, though obese, are malnourished and it affects EVERYTHING, especially the brain!
  • Nayani12
    Options
    I'd like to join.
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    i'd like to join please
  • thinfitfabulous
    thinfitfabulous Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    i want to join
  • Brandolin11
    Brandolin11 Posts: 492 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I was a Binge eater previously and OA did not help my recovery since my problem was due to malnutrition. No amount of inappropriate food was giving me the micro-nutrients that my body desperately needed so the need to eat was never turned off. I have NOTHING against OA (my group was full of terrific people) but I am hoping that people also look at the FOOD because it's almost always the food; whether it's obesity, depression, BED, diabetes, autoimmune disorders, etc, etc. Supposed "emotional" and "psychological" issues are very often PHYSIOLOGICAL, aka "real", aka "not in your head". I only came to this realization after I was no longer malnourished. Many of us in our society, though obese, are malnourished and it affects EVERYTHING, especially the brain!

Thanks for sharing but I'd like to reiterate to anyone reading this that the OA program *does* suggest that everyone work with their doctor or a nutritionist to figure out any food issues and develop a food plan that works for them. That is one significant part of the program. Thus, even if it turns out you have malnutrition issues, etc., OA can still work just fine in conjunction w/resolving that in addition to any emotional/psychological issues too, which I would argue is a much more prevalent issue than being malnourished. It's important to explore all the angles. Thanks for sharing your story though!
  • Brandolin11
    Brandolin11 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join, please.
  • newday180
    newday180 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am interested in joining too. Please send an invite, thanks!
  • baddersspb
    Options
    I would like to join if it is not to late.
  • skyekeeper
    skyekeeper Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I would like to join. Thanks
  • onmyown70
    onmyown70 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I would like to join, thank you. This would be amazing as I can't attend a local Overeaters group and have nowhere else to go apart from MFP.
  • hgopal68
    hgopal68 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would really like to join !
  • Reema_capricorn
    Reema_capricorn Posts: 1,032 Member
    Options
    There's no weight watchers, overeaters' anon in my country. I'd like to join so atleast I can get online support
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I attended OA meetings here in the Akron area for about 18 months, a couple of years ago. They were helpful to me. I would like to join this group.
  • aaron_seavers
    Options
    I'd like to join
  • Kaken21
    Kaken21 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I would like to join please