what's everyone eating to lose weight!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• agratzy
    agratzy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of mushrooms. They are filling and low in calories!!! I also happen to adore them.
  • monicajcampos
    Options
    zmac1018 wrote: »
    Hello am new I have had a by pass and cancer and I gained weight?.. yes I would like to know does anyone have a good diet to folloe and do you make your meals ahead of time. Thank you

Eat fruits first thing in the morning. Make smoothies. Look up food combining chart to see what fruits go well with each other for digestion. Your body will sing ! (*) :)
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    I follow the strategy of portion control as above, but also try to eat fruit, veg, lean protein and complex carbs. Exercise can also make a significant difference to the amount you can eat and still lose.
  • Jkj95
    Jkj95 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I really just cut portions to start, then I started replacing certain unhealthy foods (like chips and candy) with more healthy alternatives and pretty much that's all I did. What's great about MFP is you can still eat what you love, but it guides you into healthier eating habits.
  • EarlyBirdBex
    EarlyBirdBex Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    This is my first post; I'm a lurker. :) But you asked a great question, so I figured that I would jump in. :)

Preparation has been the key to my success (went from 193 size 12 to 134 size 2 four years ago). I buy fresh chicken breasts from Sam's Club in bulk and cook up about 15 pounds at a time. (I cook them on the stovetop, no oil; I just spray the pan, season them, sear each side, and then cover on low/medium for about 10 minutes.) Once cooled, I cut up all the chicken in bite size pieces and freeze in "snack size ziplock baggies," which holds about 4 oz. I bring a bag with me to work every day, which I add to my salads. (Either a "taco" salad, with lettuce/spinach, grape tomatoes, 1/8 C cheese, 2 T of black olives, jalapeños, and 1/2 bag of single size Doritos OR a spinach salad with blueberries, pumpkin seeds, cut up apple, and light feta cheese. No dressing).

I have literally eaten the same thing for lunch for 4 years, and I never tire of it. People think I'm nuts, but I changed mindset to "eat to live," not "live to eat." And besides, they taste darn good!! :)
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    All things, in moderation.
  • DrTempest
    DrTempest Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    One I recommend is nonfat Greek Yogurt. Not "Greek Style" Yogurt, the two are definitely different. Mix 1 cup plain Greek Yogurt with a tablespoon of honey and a banana or some other fruit you enjoy and it's a delicious 300 kcal snack that will assist with hunger cravings for quite some time. Less honey/fruit if you're specifically searching for calorie reductions, but it helps to sweeten the yogurt enough to make it a good treat.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Veggies, fish, toast, kfc, pizza

Eat what you want, just eat less.

Asking what are people eating to be healthy would get a different answer.

I'm sure eating nothing but kebabs and pizza would let you lose weight but where are the vitamins and minerals?
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Yes to so many of the tips above, but one other thing you can do is add more vegetables. Chili, shepherd's pie, marinara sauce, tacos are all good places to add in more vegetables. Doing this will stretch higher-calorie ingredients like potatoes and beans and meat.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    like so many others have said... eat what you want and like ... just less. measure and weigh your food and track your calories and exercise (plus, if you exercise, you can eat more!) lolol
  • Amanda4change
    Amanda4change Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Anything that i can make fit in my calories goals for the day. A couple of weeks ago I had a Cinnabon cinnamon roll for dinner....
  • zmac1018
    Options
    Try to avoid processed food, sugars, high glycemic carbohydrates, and foods rich in fat.

I eat around 1200-1800 calories per day but I count what I'm eating to make sure it's
    This is my first post; I'm a lurker. :) But you asked a great question, so I figured that I would jump in. :)

Preparation has been the key to my success (went from 193 size 12 to 134 size 2 four years ago). I buy fresh chicken breasts from Sam's Club in bulk and cook up about 15 pounds at a time. (I cook them on the stovetop, no oil; I just spray the pan, season them, sear each side, and then cover on low/medium for about 10 minutes.) Once cooled, I cut up all the chicken in bite size pieces and freeze in "snack size ziplock baggies," which holds about 4 oz. I bring a bag with me to work every day, which I add to my salads. (Either a "taco" salad, with lettuce/spinach, grape tomatoes, 1/8 C cheese, 2 T of black olives, jalapeños, and 1/2 bag of single size Doritos OR a spinach salad with blueberries, pumpkin seeds, cut up apple, and light feta cheese. No dressing).

I have literally eaten the same thing for lunch for 4 years, and I never tire of it. People think I'm nuts, but I changed mindset to "eat to live," not "live to eat." And besides, they taste darn good!! :)

Thank you this sounds like good advise.
  • zmac1018
    Options

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    The same foods that you enjoyed eating before....just less of them.

This. I eat all of my normal foods. Well, that and some I never ate before. I find myself being more adventurous with food since I started using MFP.