New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• Robbnva
    Robbnva Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I'd rather have the vanilla kind without dyes, lol.

Thomas has limited edition banana bread English muffins. I would have got some, but nobody else is going to eat them, and I hate wasting food (especially when I pay full price).

Almost got the red velvet Oreos though, but got too many cookies in the house right now...

I've got a good banana bread recipe that everyone loves, but the English muffins. Nobody will eat either
  • mom2kpr
    mom2kpr Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Noosa yogurt. It's Australian I guess. Absolutely amazing! Need to go buy more.
  • obscuremusicreference
    obscuremusicreference Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Not really a product, but we ordered Pizza Hut for the first time in ages the other night and got the Garlic Butter and Cheddar crusts. The Garlic Butter was pretty good but the cheddar wasn't sharp enough and didn't really add anything to the pizza. And we got Peruvian cherry peppers on one, which probably would have been really good with the Honey Sriracha crust but were just too out-of-place on a regular pizza. I like sweet and sour things, but only in context.

I haven't ordered from Pizza Hut in a couple of years but wow it sounds like they have REALLY changed/expanded their options...I actually checked your profile assuming you must be in the UK, at first!

Wow, I knew it had been a while since I checked this thread! Too bad there's no notif for quotes.

And I was the only one who was meh about the cheddar crust. Everyone else thought it was the cat's pajamas. Or pyjamas, as those Brits spell it ;)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    mom2kpr wrote: »
    Noosa yogurt. It's Australian I guess. Absolutely amazing! Need to go buy more.

I think I am the only person I know who thought it wasn't worth the calories.

I missed the caramel Stonyfield somehow... How is it ? I LOVE their chocolate underground yogurt but only the normal one... didn't care for the Greek.

Hmm I haven't tried the Chobani oats either.
  • obscuremusicreference
    Options
    Someone gave me a couple of these (stole the pic):

3yqp1rjorc4r.jpg

I've only had the cherry vanilla one. I bet it would be good mixed into yogurt/cottage cheese/oatmeal, but it was too sweet on its own. The apples were pretty mushy.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Not completely new, but new to me:
    -Quest Protein Powder (Vanilla Milkshake - I'm obsessed with how delicious, filling, and sweet it is yet so healthy!)
    -Amy's Andy Dandy Chewy chocolate caramel bars - As a chocolate/candy enthusiast who has tried many different brands out there, this is by far, the most delicious bar that is grossly underrated and overlooked. Run out to the store and get it now (but not all of them, or else I will find you) ;3
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options

3yqp1rjorc4r.jpg

I've only had the cherry vanilla one. I bet it would be good mixed into yogurt/cottage cheese/oatmeal, but it was too sweet on its own. The apples were pretty mushy.

I LOVE the French Toast version!
  • Francl27
    Options

3yqp1rjorc4r.jpg

Interesting... Never seen those before!
    hgycta wrote: »
    -Quest Protein Powder (Vanilla Milkshake - I'm obsessed with how delicious, filling, and sweet it is yet so healthy!)
    -Amy's Andy Dandy Chewy chocolate caramel bars - As a chocolate/candy enthusiast who has tried many different brands out there, this is by far, the most delicious bar that is grossly underrated and overlooked. Run out to the store and get it now (but not all of them, or else I will find you) ;3

I'll buy the Quest powder once I've finished the ones I have, so at this rate maybe next year or so, lol. I didn't know that Amy's made bars...
  • Cathalain
    Cathalain Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I've tried the red velvet Oreos. Unfortunately (or, maybe, fortunately) for me, they tasted just like... a regular Oreo. I was actually kind of disappointed. I was expecting a lot more.

At least I don't have to worry about them being in the house. I left the whole package with my mom, heh.
  • NaurielR
    NaurielR Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I went out and bought some cashew milk because I had a coupon and I love cashews. I got the unsweetened carton and I really like it. The cashew flavor is very subtle, noticeable of you drink it plain but easily fades into the background when used in cooking or mixing into tea/coffee. It also has a really nice thickness. It's not watery like some almond milks I've tried. It only comes in a half gallon though, so Im going to struggle to use it all before it goes bad.
  • maryrose_88
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »

Have you tried any of the other Quest Protein Powder flavors? I'm always iffy on vanilla--I would love to try the Peanut butter. This is a lot more expensive than a yogurt so if I don't like it I have to drink it anyway haha
  • yankeedownsouth
    yankeedownsouth Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I'm having the new Chobani Flip hazelnut as we speak. Totally yum and worth the 250 calories (if you're like me and love hazelnut anything), although it will definitely be a 'once in a while' thing. Also got the limited edition Cinnamon Bun Yoplait Greek and the new Simply Chobani double chocolate chunk yogurts waiting in my fridge. I had the raspberry chocolate light and fit Greek last week for the first time too and it's not bad at all (might not be new though, I just don't remember seeing it before).

Has anyone noticed any new interesting product recently?

I just ate one of these for the first time this afternoon, and it was SO YUMMY! I also have the Chobani Key Lime With Graham Cracker and White Chocolate in my fridge. Can't wait to try that one!!
  • Francl27
    Options
    I'm having the new Chobani Flip hazelnut as we speak. Totally yum and worth the 250 calories (if you're like me and love hazelnut anything), although it will definitely be a 'once in a while' thing. Also got the limited edition Cinnamon Bun Yoplait Greek and the new Simply Chobani double chocolate chunk yogurts waiting in my fridge. I had the raspberry chocolate light and fit Greek last week for the first time too and it's not bad at all (might not be new though, I just don't remember seeing it before).

Has anyone noticed any new interesting product recently?

I just ate one of these for the first time this afternoon, and it was SO YUMMY! I also have the Chobani Key Lime With Graham Cracker and White Chocolate in my fridge. Can't wait to try that one!!

I like the key lime one a lot. Flips are still a rare treat for me sadly (and a store here had them at 88 cents!).
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    I'd rather have the vanilla kind without dyes, lol.

Thomas has limited edition banana bread English muffins. I would have got some, but nobody else is going to eat them, and I hate wasting food (especially when I pay full price).

Almost got the red velvet Oreos though, but got too many cookies in the house right now...

Freeze them.
  • Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Not new but fairly new to me is Velvet Cinn. Cinnamon, dairy cream and rum. Good stuff, tastes like milk from a bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Some people do this with Fireball and RumChata but VC is already mixed.

6m46xb2yqi40.jpg

oh my
  • obscuremusicreference
    Options
    Raynne413 wrote: »

3yqp1rjorc4r.jpg

I don't have that! I have one that has hibiscus in it that I'll eat tomorrow when I have more calories. Do you mix them with anything?

@Francl27 She got them at Target, not sure where else they sell them.

And I tried this cereal, which was very good but 210 calories:
    7yirzjhz00e1.jpg
  • maryrose_88
    Options
    NaurielR wrote: »
    I went out and bought some cashew milk because I had a coupon and I love cashews. I got the unsweetened carton and I really like it. The cashew flavor is very subtle, noticeable of you drink it plain but easily fades into the background when used in cooking or mixing into tea/coffee. It also has a really nice thickness. It's not watery like some almond milks I've tried. It only comes in a half gallon though, so Im going to struggle to use it all before it goes bad.

I'm glad someone mentioned the cashew milk, I really want to try it!
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Raynne413 wrote: »

3yqp1rjorc4r.jpg

I don't have that! I have one that has hibiscus in it that I'll eat tomorrow when I have more calories. Do you mix them with anything?

@Francl27 She got them at Target, not sure where else they sell them.

And I tried this cereal, which was very good but 210 calories:
    7yirzjhz00e1.jpg

I just eat them straight out of the container. I highly dislike smooth applesauce, so these are great.
  • HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    My grocery store just got the Chobani Passion Fruit. So good...real passion fruit on the bottom, down the crunchy seeds. Definitely great if you like the real, actual passion fruit.

And, proper old-fashioned red velvet cake is only slightly ruddy in appearance, I believe through a chemical reaction between Dutch Cocoa and some acid (buttermilk, I think) in the recipe. It should yield a chocolate cake that is less sweet than Devil's food and therefore happily suited to cream cheese frosting. The fad for red velvet everything over the last few years has sadly flooded the market with chocolate cake with red foodcoloring being called "Red Velvet."
  • labrennan
    labrennan Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    GolfsOften wrote: »
    I've recently taken a liking to the KIND bars.

I love Kind bars!

i have tried the caramel sea salt KIND bars....very good!