I threw away Cheesecake!!!

Options

Replies

• iwillsucceed0444
    iwillsucceed0444 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    DavPul wrote: »
    Seriously people, wow. He threw away some perfectly good cheesecake, boo who, get over yourselves.

wait, i'm confused. so it's not a big deal? then why create a thread about it?

u can't have it both ways

It's not a big deal either way. One meal isn't a big deal. Seriously give the poor guy a break...yeah he threw the damn precious cheesecake away, oh well. Move on.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    calichic74 wrote: »
    WayneBradt wrote: »
    oh good hell, it's back, like a cheesy horror movie. No pun intended. fz7wfw9mjljy.jpg

The fact that other people have already been messing over it should be reason enough to leave it alone! I mean, what if the last person who took a piece of cheesecake just walked out of the restroom w/o washing his/her hands? Or, what if someone sneezed all over it? Or, what if someone picked their nose prior to getting their slice? See, those are the thoughts that run through my mind when I see food laying around the office. My self-diagnosed OCD keeps me from partaking in office goodies for the most part! LOL!! #WalkAwayFromTheCheesecake

Actually I have now had a closer look at this picture. Maybe an insect from that plant which is really close might crawl into the cheesecake. Also what is that suspicious looking object on top of the red bowl. looks like a hair comb. yuk #thecheesecakeispoisnious
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Aviva92 wrote: »
    wow you guys need to chill on the negative cheese cake remarks...have you any idea how much food is wasted every single day in North america? you're really guy drill the guy over one bloody slice? Good for you for fighting the urge! and so what if you threw it out? its delicious yes, but if its unhealthy for you its unhealthy for others. Think of it as saving someone from the unecessary excess of sugar!!!

I weighed 102.2 pounds this morning. I could probably use some extra sugar to help me gain some weight. And anyway, not everyone needs to avoid sugar. I certainly do not. It's not unhealthy for everyone.
    It's amusing how everyday she makes it a point out how much she weighs.

no it isn't

It actually is.

it's actually not

Is
    Snot-Stew-9780823407453.jpg
    And you have no control over what people find amusing.

OP, glad the second time around you are thinking about fitting it in before taking a slice. I'm also a big fan of taking a smaller portion and leaving half a slice for someone else who may want a small slice (or 1.5 slices as the case may be).
  • Cassie_DE
    Cassie_DE Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Managing to grab hold of the reigns to stop yourself from consuming a food you would have mindlessly eaten and then regretted? You oughtta be hella proud! I've certainly done that!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Seriously people, wow. He threw away some perfectly good cheesecake, boo who, get over yourselves.

It's not a big deal either way. One meal isn't a big deal. Seriously give the poor guy a break...yeah he threw the damn precious cheesecake away, oh well. Move on.
    Hmmmmm, not a big deal and telling everyone to move on but then here are coming commenting in the thread.

The irony :laugh:
  • Brimixed
    Brimixed Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I love people's reaction to this post... ridiculous....
  • HappyQuella
    HappyQuella Posts: 67 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    OP, I applaud you for fighting the urge of the cheesecake! You're staying strong and developing better eating habits. Keep it up and stick to your guns! I'm sure this was huge for you, mentally and emotionally. :smiley:
  • goddessofawesome
    goddessofawesome Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    calichic74 wrote: »

The fact that other people have already been messing over it should be reason enough to leave it alone! I mean, what if the last person who took a piece of cheesecake just walked out of the restroom w/o washing his/her hands? Or, what if someone sneezed all over it? Or, what if someone picked their nose prior to getting their slice? See, those are the thoughts that run through my mind when I see food laying around the office. My self-diagnosed OCD keeps me from partaking in office goodies for the most part! LOL!! #WalkAwayFromTheCheesecake

I assume you stand over and watch the chef when he cooks your meal at a restaurant, then follow the dish as it gets passes to the waiter and then you follow the waiter back to your table, right? Cause lord knows what those guys are doing to your food while you're not around to witness it. Or maybe you can just accept that 99.99% of the people in any given office aren't sneezing on food or wiping their unwashed hands all over your dessert.

Huh. Because I was told by someone on this site that those sorts of things don't happen in upscale restaurants. You know, because the employees are always happy and the health department is there watching them make the food.

Or so that's what I think they meant.

I take the chance that they are being careful when I go out to eat though.

I did not take the chance that people in the office are as well. When I worked for a company I never partook in any of the food that was left out because of the reasons above. You have people walking by who are sneezing, and coughing and doing lord knows what else around the food. I also never ate any of the food when we had pot-lucks and people brought stuff in. Seeing the way they never cleaned up the microwave oven after stuff exploded and how disgusting and nasty their cubicles were was enough to make me never, EVER eat food they prepared for fear of what sort of nasty stuff was in it. Sorry but food poisoning from cross contamination is not something I wanted to get at work.
  • yager8725
    yager8725 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I UNDERSTAND!! When I first started I would pitch it in the trash and have to cover it with something gross so I wouldn't go back and get it out.
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    OP: Awesome. Toss that out. And yes, if you cut the piece, then didn't want it, please don't put it back. All I can think of if I saw a coworker put it back I'd be thinking "eeewww cooties" LOL
  • tamonique22
    tamonique22 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you. I know it must have been very hard to throw away food you love. That's a giant step forward....On another note I don't understand all the negativity. I'm giving the people who posted those comments the side eye.... I'm sure none of them have EVER thrown food away before. <(@_@)&gt;
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options

in the end, throwing away cheesecake isn't a big deal. i just don't view it as a victory. not taking it in the first place can be viewed as a victory.
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options

in the end, throwing away cheesecake isn't a big deal. i just don't view it as a victory. not taking it in the first place can be viewed as a victory.

I take food. I then lick it. If it worth the taste I will eat it. Else I'll throw it.

If I don't lick it and don't taste it I don't know if it's worth to eat it.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    People are mourning cheesecake...hilarious!!!!

I know, right? Cheesecake that they never had any hope of eating, and that's been gone for days. Yet still we rage on. Food is serious stuff!
  • goddessofawesome
    Options

Did you not read the OP's actual post? They had the mid afternoon munchies, saw the cheesecake and as an impulse grabbed a piece (to reiterate: because they had the mid afternoon munchies). They then decided after being at their desk they didn't want it so they tossed it.

Not sure what the big deal is. I've done that before. Heck, I've actually had food in my mouth, realized I really didn't want it, that I was eating it because I was bored so I spit it out and threw the rest away. It's not a big deal and if it is something that made the OP realize that they ARE mindlessly munching during the day and to reevaluate their behavior then power to them.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options

It's not about you. It was a personal victory for him.
  • goddessofawesome
    edited February 2015
    Options

Oh stop! If everyone doesn't view a personal victory as a victory then it's just not a victory!
    (sarcasm btw).

That kind of reminds me of when I would have personal bests and tell a certain person about it who would basically slap it down and tell me it was crap.

Yeah, pretty much stopped telling anyone except my husband about those.
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options

:)B)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!