I threw away Cheesecake!!!

Options

Replies

• gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    sarahlifts wrote: »
    I understand. I have a very difficult time saying no to cheesecake or any delicious cake. I've thrown away cake and candy 2 seconds after receiving it. RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE PERSON WHO WAS FORCING IT ON ME. Come on, eat it, its just a little, here take it. You know what, okay, I will take it. I did and then I tossed it straight in the trash and said THANK YOU with a smile. My coworker was horrified. I was at the start of my journey and I was tired of being fat.

<3<3<3 I think I love you.

• goddessofawesome
    goddessofawesome Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    sarahlifts wrote: »
    I understand. I have a very difficult time saying no to cheesecake or any delicious cake. I've thrown away cake and candy 2 seconds after receiving it. RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE PERSON WHO WAS FORCING IT ON ME. Come on, eat it, its just a little, here take it. You know what, okay, I will take it. I did and then I tossed it straight in the trash and said THANK YOU with a smile. My coworker was horrified. I was at the start of my journey and I was tired of being fat.

That is awesome.

• Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    Aviva92 wrote: »
    DavPul wrote: »
    Seriously people, wow. He threw away some perfectly good cheesecake, boo who, get over yourselves.

wait, i'm confused. so it's not a big deal? then why create a thread about it?

u can't have it both ways

It's not a big deal either way. One meal isn't a big deal. Seriously give the poor guy a break...yeah he threw the damn precious cheesecake away, oh well. Move on.

in the end, throwing away cheesecake isn't a big deal. i just don't view it as a victory. not taking it in the first place can be viewed as a victory.

It's not about you. It was a personal victory for him.

i didn't say it was about me. it's not something to brag about as a victory for anyone.
  • Aviva92
    Options
    Seriously people, wow. He threw away some perfectly good cheesecake, boo who, get over yourselves.

It's not a big deal either way. One meal isn't a big deal. Seriously give the poor guy a break...yeah he threw the damn precious cheesecake away, oh well. Move on.

in the end, throwing away cheesecake isn't a big deal. i just don't view it as a victory. not taking it in the first place can be viewed as a victory.

Did you not read the OP's actual post? They had the mid afternoon munchies, saw the cheesecake and as an impulse grabbed a piece (to reiterate: because they had the mid afternoon munchies). They then decided after being at their desk they didn't want it so they tossed it.

Not sure what the big deal is. I've done that before. Heck, I've actually had food in my mouth, realized I really didn't want it, that I was eating it because I was bored so I spit it out and threw the rest away. It's not a big deal and if it is something that made the OP realize that they ARE mindlessly munching during the day and to reevaluate their behavior then power to them.

yes, i read it. i find it mildly inconsiderate to his coworkers rendering it less of a victory.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options

i didn't say it was about me. it's not something to brag about as a victory for anyone.

What you think of the action does not determine whether it's a victory for the OP. Nice how that works, eh?
  • gingerlaurie
    gingerlaurie Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I COMPLETELY understand why you threw it away. The moment you took it, it was yours to do with what you want. Eat it, give it away or toss it. And more importantly, I have been in the situation as well where you take something because it's a HABIT. Then you carry on, and once you actually have a moment to focus on what's in your hands? HELL NO. As the saying says, better in the trash than on your hips. :)
  • goddessofawesome
    goddessofawesome Posts: 563 Member
    Options

Did you not read the OP's actual post? They had the mid afternoon munchies, saw the cheesecake and as an impulse grabbed a piece (to reiterate: because they had the mid afternoon munchies). They then decided after being at their desk they didn't want it so they tossed it.

Not sure what the big deal is. I've done that before. Heck, I've actually had food in my mouth, realized I really didn't want it, that I was eating it because I was bored so I spit it out and threw the rest away. It's not a big deal and if it is something that made the OP realize that they ARE mindlessly munching during the day and to reevaluate their behavior then power to them.

yes, i read it. i find it mildly inconsiderate to his coworkers rendering it less of a victory.

Inconsiderate because in the end they decided they actually didn't want to eat it so instead of putting back the slice that they took and handled they decided to toss it in the trash?

They took it and therefore they could do what they wanted with it. Sorry you don't view someone's personal triumph as a victory. I hope that some day you have a victory that you think is worth bragging about and you're told that it's really not.
  • Aviva92
    Options

What you think of the action does not determine whether it's a victory for the OP. Nice how that works, eh?

the o.p. can view it as a victory if he wants to, but when he makes a thread about it, he opens himself up for people to disagree with this assessment.
  • Aviva92
    edited February 2015
    Options

Inconsiderate because in the end they decided they actually didn't want to eat it so instead of putting back the slice that they took and handled they decided to toss it in the trash?

They took it and therefore they could do what they wanted with it. Sorry you don't view someone's personal triumph as a victory. I hope that some day you have a victory that you think is worth bragging about and you're told that it's really not.

oh, i have been told that on here several times for things i've viewed as a victory. as i said, when you post something on here, it's open to criticism.

it doesn't even seem as though the o.p. is offended by this stance on it, but for some reason lots of other people are.
  • calichic74
    calichic74 Posts: 43 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    calichic74 wrote: »
    WayneBradt wrote: »
    oh good hell, it's back, like a cheesy horror movie. No pun intended. fz7wfw9mjljy.jpg

The fact that other people have already been messing over it should be reason enough to leave it alone! I mean, what if the last person who took a piece of cheesecake just walked out of the restroom w/o washing his/her hands? Or, what if someone sneezed all over it? Or, what if someone picked their nose prior to getting their slice? See, those are the thoughts that run through my mind when I see food laying around the office. My self-diagnosed OCD keeps me from partaking in office goodies for the most part! LOL!! #WalkAwayFromTheCheesecake

Actually I have now had a closer look at this picture. Maybe an insect from that plant which is really close might crawl into the cheesecake. Also what is that suspicious looking object on top of the red bowl. looks like a hair comb. yuk #thecheesecakeispoisnious

Funny! :neutral_face: And I quote, "self-diagnosed OCD." I'm not saying that I'm normal, people! I have trust issues. :wink: Of course I eat out at restaurants and from time to time, I may eat the "cheesecake" in the office break room, but for the most part I avoid it, especially if the food looks as though it's been sitting out for a long period of time or if several hands have handled it. Like I said, I'm not normal, but surely I'm not the only one who chooses not to eat the food in the office break room.
  • Aviva92
    edited February 2015
    Options

oh, i have been told that on here several times for things i've viewed as a victory. as i said, when you post something on here, it's open to criticism.

it doesn't even seem as though the o.p. is offended by this stance on it, but for some reason lots of other people are.

little bit of news for you - you are the most seen poster on this thread.

so? i like posting on the internet and my avatar is cute and noticeable.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Lulz, I totally forgot about this thread.
  • jlhudsons
    jlhudsons Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Good for you! What is the difference between throwing it out and eating it when it turns to WAY too many calories? WILLPOWER! Way to go!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »

Hmmmmm, not a big deal and telling everyone to move on but then here are coming commenting in the thread.

Indeed.

WHY ARE PEOPLE GETTING SO ANGRY ABOUT HIM THROWING AWAY CHEESECAKE?!?!?? :angry: :mad: IT'S JUST CHEESECAKE!!1!!eleven!1 WHY ARE YOU MAKING A BIG DEAL ABOUT IT?!?!? GET OVER YOURSELVES!!!

Of course, seemingly getting angry about people seemingly getting angry is perfectly justified...right?
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    I love people's reaction to this post... ridiculous....

Me too.

Wait. Which people?
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    jlhudsons wrote: »
    Good for you! What is the difference between throwing it out and eating it when it turns to WAY too many calories? WILLPOWER! Way to go!

.....or he could've just not taken a slice?
  • jofjltncb6
    edited February 2015
    Options
    From now on, when there's food in the office, I'm going to take some and throw it away. If anyone questions me on it at all, I'm going to tell them "personal victory" and that they can't challenge me on my actions because the "personal victory" defense trumps all else...

...and that by even suggesting that my actions may have been less than ideal will make them bad people who should just get over themselves.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    I think that cheesecake went bad days ago. When does this thread die?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!