Here are the 7 weight loss blocking foods:

Options
1) Cereal

I am so sorry to be the one and burst the bubble, but cereal is deceiving too many people. While there are several types of cereals and nutritional values for each, the majority of them are fairly high in sugars and sodium.

2) Canned Foods

While this may be a surprise to many, canned foods are deceptive and should be avoided if possible. The reason for this is because in order to preserve the quality and taste of the food item, they are loaded with sodium, sugars, trans fats and saturated fats. All of these items will prevent weight loss.

3) Processed Foods

Foods that are processed (like boxed meals) tend to contain bad fats (saturated fats) and contain little nutritional value. It is best to stay away from these foods as there are alternative choices that can be used. A great alternative to processed food is to purchase anything that is all natural if possible. They tend to be lower in sodium and saturated fats.

4) Pasteurized Milk

Pasteurized milk should be avoided due to the fact that when milk is pasteurized, it tends to destroy some of milk’s important nutrients like iodine for example. Therefore, to get the most benefits from milk, I recommend that you get the raw milk instead.

5) Fruit Juices & Sodas

Although fruit juices may taste great and help quench your thirst, most are loaded high fructose corn syrup (HFCS). This ingredient is also used as a sweetener and is practically half fructose and half glucose. Unfortunately, it wreaks havoc with your insulin levels as it hits your blood stream very quickly. As a result, the high insulin coupled with the high concentration of simple carbs in the blood leads to fat storage.

6) Frozen Meals

Anytime you go to the grocery store and head towards the frozen food section aisle, you will find a few common denominators. Most of them are high in sodium and fats. The reason for this is to make sure the quality and taste of the food do not diminish. Sodium and trans fatty acids help to preserve the food and should be instead substituted for an all natural source of the same food.

7) Bread

While I recommend eating bread as a part of adding variety to your diet, consuming it in excess can be dangerous! In addition, some breads are high in corn syrup and trans fatty acids. Thus, if you choose to eat some breads, make sure that they are all natural and limit your consumption to 2-3 slices at a time.

Replies

• sushilicious
    Options
    Very good list, pretty much what I follow. Now I have to increase font size, add colors, and send to all my relatives. Yay~
  • smbakke77
    smbakke77 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips!
  • Fat2FitChick
    Fat2FitChick Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I would never drink unpasturized milk. I just don't think it is safe enough. But I agree with the other suggestions
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    The only one that I think is dangerous on there is pasteurised milk. Good luck trying to find somehwere that you can legally obtain raw milk!
  • Charrisse
    Charrisse Posts: 163
    Options
    Great! I try to follow that .. I love my fresh milk from the dairy, dont eat cereal, dont use canned or processed foods (99% of the time!) and never buy frozen meals - bleh. BUTTTTT I do love me some bread... bread is my weakness lol
  • Charrisse
    Charrisse Posts: 163
    Options
    The only one that I think is dangerous on there is pasteurised milk. Good luck trying to find somehwere that you can legally obtain raw milk!

Local dairies.
    They just have to label it as "not reccomended for human consuption". My family consumes, has for years, and love it :)
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    I avoid all of the above except bread, but thats only eaten sparingly and on occasion, and usually in a form of a sandwich. Love the list.

And about the milk, I just use almond milk in my drinks.
  • chrissym78
    chrissym78 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    That's why I use coconut or almond milk... good post girl!
  • brickok
    brickok Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    These are great tips.
    Thanks for sharing them.
  • blessedtobefit
    blessedtobefit Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Great tips! Thanks!!
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I can understand why they could be bad for you but I've lost enough weight when I've eaten both processed and canned items. I know its not the best thing for my body but as long as I'm taking in plenty of other things like veggies, fruits, whole grains then its okay.
  • EbonyGemstoneHealth
    EbonyGemstoneHealth Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Unpasteurized milk?? No can do. YUCK. :sick:
  • dmkaiser83
    dmkaiser83 Posts: 89
    Options
    I eat it all. bad me. my husband has a lean cuisine meal everyday for lunch. he's ripped like a spartan and is in great health. it's all about moderation, like with anything.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I think this will be another UK/US distinction - it is illegal to sell unpastuerised milk here in the UK, and just about impossible to find.

Besides, OK some of the nutirents may be lost in the process, but that doesn't make pastuerised milk a bad food, or one likely to inhibit weight loss, surely?
  • MyNameIsNotBob
    MyNameIsNotBob Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Well, I eat pretty much every thing on your list, and I've been losing consistently. I'm interesting in hearing if you have any evidence-based sources for your list, of if you're just spouting your personal opinion.
  • nyctraveler
    nyctraveler Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Eating 2-3 slices of bread at a time? That seems so high...

does she mean a week?? lol
  • MissKim
    MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    Very good guidelines :)
  • stephaniehope
    stephaniehope Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I would never drink unpasturized milk. I just don't think it is safe enough. But I agree with the other suggestions

When I studied in Italy, I did drink unpasteurized milk (they don't process milk like the US does) and it was actually very delicious! I never had any harmful effects from it, and generally, the food in Italy is MUCH healthier than here. Our food companies in the US are obsessed with pumping crap into everything, and then overcharging you if you want natural or organic. It really is disgusting.
    Anyway... however, due to laws in the U.S., I'm not sure you can find unpasteurized milk anyway.
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Great tips! I have to have my milk and cereal. Though I eat bran flakes. Do they pasteurize milk anymore? I thought they irradiated it.

I discovered Canned foods and highly processed foods by just watching sodium. I buy fresh fruits and veggies now and avoid canned foods if possible. Also use dried beans too.