Help me break my plateau? Plus other questions...

Options
124»

Replies

• WatchJoshLift
    WatchJoshLift Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    also feel free to pm me, I love talking nutrition science

@Chrisparadise579 I've pm'd you and asked you a question re your protein balls, and you never reply....

How rude! :smile:
  • WatchJoshLift
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    I like how people guess the amount they are eating but are certain they don't eat to much.

For the life of them, they can't figure out why they plateau, yet 95% of the time they are not even tracking their caloric intake. Not only are they not tracking, but they refuse to track and still want advice on how to break through their plateau's. I quit giving advice to these people because they won't take it. I'm not casting my pearls before swine.
  • WatchJoshLift
    Options
    BFDeal wrote: »
    Run_Fit wrote: »
    I like how people guess the amount they are eating but are certain they don't eat to much.

For the life of them, they can't figure out why they plateau, yet 95% of the time they are not even tracking their caloric intake. Not only are they not tracking, but they refuse to track and still want advice on how to break through their plateau's. I quit giving advice to these people because they won't take it. I'm not casting my pearls before swine.
    I track my intake. Why have I plateaued? I could genuinely use some help.

Ask the OP, she will help you.

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    xruss7 wrote: »
    elphie754 wrote: »

I don't even have a food diary. The last time I did one of those was in sixth grade LOL. I just watch out for sodium levels and carbs, especially fat carbs. I can tell you that almost every morning I eat cereal with milk. And I have a small snack one or twice a day. For lunch and dinner there's always some protein meat in there and some starches like rice or bread. I also drink milk a lot lol.

If you don't have a food diary, how do you know how much you are actually consuming?

Writes down the calories

How do you know your calories are correct? Do you weigh your food? Do you put the food next to the calories counts? Do you write down calories for every single thing you eat?
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    also feel free to pm me, I love talking nutrition science

@Chrisparadise579 I've pm'd you and asked you a question re your protein balls, and you never reply....

How rude! :smile:

Haha I've given up!!! All I wanted to know was the calories in his recipe. 6 messages later and he still hasn't replied. Well.... F U too Mr Chris :#

• xruss7
    Options
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    xruss7 wrote: »
    elphie754 wrote: »

I don't even have a food diary. The last time I did one of those was in sixth grade LOL. I just watch out for sodium levels and carbs, especially fat carbs. I can tell you that almost every morning I eat cereal with milk. And I have a small snack one or twice a day. For lunch and dinner there's always some protein meat in there and some starches like rice or bread. I also drink milk a lot lol.

If you don't have a food diary, how do you know how much you are actually consuming?

Writes down the calories

How do you know your calories are correct? Do you weigh your food? Do you put the food next to the calories counts? Do you write down calories for every single thing you eat?

Because there are labels on them. I eat my school food.
  • xruss7
    Options

Sure, you don't have to give me advice. There's a verrrryyy simple solution - don't post kay.

I will say this once again, and only once again. I write down the calories and sodium levels, etc. I take thru out the day, add the cals up, and voila. I just don't write down "oh today I ate some chili cheese fries and a root beer float." No.
  • xruss7
    Options

Guess? No there's labels. I just don't write the name of the food I eat.