Replies

• Shawshankcan
    Shawshankcan Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Competitive strongman. Because I can.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I dabble in a lot of different things. Right now my primary training is bodyweight movements and DVRT sandbags. As the weather gets better I will add some running and a lot of hiking.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    Bootcamps, indoor cycling, weightlifting, stair, hill, sprint workouts. I like to mix it up and I like bootcamps because it somewhat competitive, pushes me and the camaraderie that comes with them. Hiking when the weather is nice too.
  • _emma_78
    _emma_78 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I run, row, and power walk uphill at a steep incline and I do strength training 2 times a week.
  • CarlydogsMom
    CarlydogsMom Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    It's all about the weights, 'bout the weights, no treadmill...

Winter: weightlifting; bulk up, progressive loads
    Spring/summer/fall: mountain biking, keep up on weights at maintenance level, get that fat off.

Every day that it's not raining (and I'm in AZ, yay), hike a few miles with the pup.

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Weight lifting. I actually enjoy it and it makes me feel great and look better. I got the fever for power lifting so I'm getting ready to dip into my savings and get coached.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,369 Member
    Options
    Walking, hiking (in season), and weightlifting
  • glevinso
    glevinso Posts: 1,895 Member
    Options
    I think my profile pic makes it obvious. Triathlon. Any distance. I love it.
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I'm still exploring my options. As a longtime fat kid, I avoided athletics like the plague.

I like yoga so far. I really want to get into some outdoor hobbies, like hiking, rafting, and trail running.

Im gonna get a bike this summer and try that. I'm toying with the notion of trying a triathlon next summer...
  • BraveNewdGirl
    BraveNewdGirl Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    PiYo for another two weeks. After that, it's weight lifting, running and yoga!
  • arussell134
    arussell134 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Running! I've tried lots of different things, but nothing empowers and challenges me the way running does. Plus, it's easy to set specific, tangible goals - such as completing a race, or completing it in a certain time, or improving your speeds. I also find that when I sign up for a race, I don't have to motivate myself AT ALL to workout. I just follow the training schedule. In this way, it's helped me maintain my weight loss.

That being said, I *completely* see the value in weight lifting and I make sure to incorporate that into my running program... but I don't love it. I do it b/c I know it's good for me and I've seen real results with it. But I'd much rather be outside, taking in the fresh air and running miles than stuck in a gym picking things up and setting them down. ;)
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I pick up heavy things. I’m working to improve other modalities as well, but picking up heavy things really makes me happy.
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    Fencing because you get to play with swords and stabbing people is really good for stress. I recently started doing MMA classes to increase my fitness and discovered hitting or kicking bags is also good for stress!
  • tbilly20
    tbilly20 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Cycling is my job, hobby and passion. It will always be my first love. In the winter months, I turn to swimming and the elliptical machine to supplement the exercise regime. Swimming helps immensely with lung capacity, and intervals in the pool directly translate to fitness on the bike. The elliptical machine helps a lot with climbing and strengthens core muscles.

My knees have gone through hell from running, soccer, and power lifting. At 34, I have had major reconstructive surgery on both. High impact exercises are off the table.
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Ballet Booty Barre and Pilates this year- hula hooping last year.
  • joolsmd
    joolsmd Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    4 mile walk every day, abs blast class, metafit class, workout DVDs, and the odd swim. Whatever I can fit in to my lifestyle really.
  • donnawtm
    donnawtm Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks for all the replies! I used to have a pretty active lifestyle and never needed to go out of my way to exercise, unfortunately that has changed so I am searching for a something to get me going again! Some great ideas here!
  • donnawtm
    Options
    Kymmu wrote: »
    Ballet Booty Barre and Pilates this year- hula hooping last year.

What is ballet booty barre? I'm intrigued!
  • donnawtm
    Options
    Fencing because you get to play with swords and stabbing people is really good for stress. I recently started doing MMA classes to increase my fitness and discovered hitting or kicking bags is also good for stress!

Never even thought of fencing! Ooooo That does sound fun! Might be able to persuade my other half to go then I would get to stab him! 2 birds 1 stone
  • broncomom88
    broncomom88 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm a person who needs instruction LOL I take classes at my gym like HIIT, Spin or Body Sculpt. I've tried lifting weights alone but I truly need someone there with me to make sure I am doing them correctly. I'm like a kid, I swear LOL