Starting out over 80 pounds to lose!

Options
2»

Replies

• DuneSeaNomad
    DuneSeaNomad Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I am from the States and have 191 pounds left on my 200 pound to lose goal. Would love some more friends to kick some butt with.
  • mela1314
    mela1314 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I think this app is great it makes you realise what you are putting into your body. I'm also from the UK and find it especially hard at night time. I always want to binge on chocolate or biscuits anything sweet. Let's all help each other. There are loads of exercises that you can do in the comfort of your own home.
  • Jim_G30
    Jim_G30 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I am also UK based and on here every day. Anyone can add if they want.....
  • evitamac
    evitamac Posts: 22 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Hi there!!! I've lost 75lb so far and I need to lose the final 15. I'm on a Paleo diet for the last couple of years. I am not starving, my portions are more than satisfying and I couldn't be happier! Also I work out at least 5 times a week! So what I am saying is you can do it and you will do it!!! Stay focused and commited!
    And don't let family and friends tempt you. I remember all these times that my friends or family were insisting on me having a piece of that delicious cake they made because "ah, it's one time it's ok", or some deep fried spicy chicken wings, or something else and they always INSIST and you know what? It feels great saying NO! And it feels even greater next day when you are like YEAAAAAAAAAAH!!! I didn't fall in the trap! There is always going to be an excuse for cheating - someone's bday, a family reunion, valentine's day, a girls night out, there is always something but I say we need to always stay focused on our goals coz at the end trust me it will feel soooooooooooo good!I didn't eat this crap! I used to eat 1.5 family pizza ALONE and then I would no be able to move for hours. Now I don't even eat pizza. I mean ever. WE CAN DO IT!
  • jendan515
    jendan515 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Looking to lose 100 lbs as well
  • 1_meatball
    1_meatball Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm have 58lb to go, lost 12 already.
    I don't think wow that's a big number , I think of it in half stone blocks. This weekend I should be at 2 of my blocks
    Just another 8 to go.
    Once I make a stone I'm going to treat me to something nice.
    Not a meal or clothes but something as recognition of the milestones I have passed.
    I lost 50lb before then complacency set in.
    That won't happen again.
    I'm Paul, based in UK. Feel free to add me

Good luck all
  • Candiee211
    Options
    I hear you!! Looking to lose 40+ pounds. I am down 10 pounds in a week and half though! Just by counting calories and watching what I put in my mouth! It was even my birthday yesterday and I splurged and had a piece of cake. No weight loss today, but it's ok. Let's do this!! It's not easy, but so worth it!!
  • megginanderson
    megginanderson Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I successfully lost 80 pounds since the birth of my son. Its been a long process but its a lifestyle not a quick fix, right?
    Id love to help keep motivated!
  • CitizenKamm
    Options
    I am new on this app, also looking to lose 80-100 lbs. I'd love to support you guys!
  • ughbrit
    ughbrit Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

My goals are a little different. I am also looking to lose 50-60lbs but of fat! I am most concerned on getting my body fat percentage lowered and into a healthy (and hot!) range.Losing fat and maintaining lean muscle is the most important.

I started my lifestyle change on January 5th and am down 9.5lbs of fat and a total of 12.4lbs from eating healthy foods, tracking, and exercising daily (walking, rock climbing, hiking, and now I've begun the Couch to 5k program).

My biggest piece of advice is that there is no such thing as motivation or willpower. It is dedication and habits.

Please feel free to add me!
  • tmtaylor0311
    Options
    Good luck! I want to lose 50. I keep starting and will be good for about a week, and then fall back into old habits. Needing tools/people to keep me accountable!!!!!!
  • Mythril
    Mythril Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hello! I have 200 lbs to lose, and I've already lost 18 since beginning on January 1st. I am all about losing weight but I'm also trying to get stronger. I can't keep a job because I am not physically able to stand, or mentally able to handle phones! So I am working on being able to stand.
  • mandycasey
    mandycasey Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Hi, I had well over 100 pounds to lose when I started - I've lost 77 pounds so far - i did make the 100 pound mark but had a massive blip end of last year so back here to lose it again and more. I don't find it easy to lose weight and think I'm going to be struggling with weight and food issues all my life but I am a lot fitter now and actually love exercise. Please feel free to add me we can help each other xx
  • caroandjemy
    caroandjemy Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hello I have 75lbs to lose and I'm down 7 so far. I think it's a smart idea to out a future photo self up. I never thought of that. I'm use to eating out a lot and sweets are my back up so it's hard but gets easier by the day. Anyone could add me. I need all the inspiration I can get :) good luck to you all!!
  • 1_meatball
    1_meatball Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    ughbrit wrote: »
    Hi there!

My goals are a little different. I am also looking to lose 50-60lbs but of fat! I am most concerned on getting my body fat percentage lowered and into a healthy (and hot!) range.Losing fat and maintaining lean muscle is the most important.

I started my lifestyle change on January 5th and am down 9.5lbs of fat and a total of 12.4lbs from eating healthy foods, tracking, and exercising daily (walking, rock climbing, hiking, and now I've begun the Couch to 5k program).

My biggest piece of advice is that there is no such thing as motivation or willpower. It is dedication and habits.

Please feel free to add me!

dedication and habits., I like that
  • PowshaPie
    PowshaPie Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I would like to lose around 50lbs. And good luck!
  • healthyinpink
    healthyinpink Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Ooh, sending out a few adds! And I'm alsoooo on the same boat! Currently 15 lbs down (started January 2015) and following a semi low-carb diet. Feel free to add me as well!
  • sjusherbear
    Options
    I would happy to be there for you. I'm hoping to loose 30 by summer and 60 by the end of this year. It's hard but with support it is possible. If you or anyone else on here would like to ad me as a friend that would be wonderful.