Broccomole - OH YES!

mnewell0293
mnewell0293 Posts: 34 Member
Using this recipe for my b'day celebration next weekend...

Subbing greek yogurt for the cream cheese - add some veggies and we are good to go!

http://tastykitchen.com/recipes/appetizers-and-snacks/broccomole-broccoli-guacamole/

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Why? How is this an improvement for real guacamole?
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Using this recipe for my b'day celebration next weekend...

Subbing greek yogurt for the cream cheese - add some veggies and we are good to go!

http://tastykitchen.com/recipes/appetizers-and-snacks/broccomole-broccoli-guacamole/

but avocados are good!
  • mnewell0293
    Acg67 wrote: »
    Why? How is this an improvement for real guacamole?

Oh I just love anything with broccoli! lol thought it was a great alternative to those who might not like avocados too
  • rand486
    rand486 Posts: 270 Member
    I guess if you want to focus on protein instead of (healthy) fats? But both are good choices.
  • _errata_
    _errata_ Posts: 1,653 Member
    9L9bOKF.gif
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    The biggest issue i have with this is that the name implies that it is infact guacamole but "healthier" or something.

Not knocking the recipe itself... perhaps "Tangy Broccoli Dip" or "Mexican Brocolli Dip" or something would suit it better.

• mnewell0293
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    The biggest issue i have with this is that the name implies that it is infact guacamole but "healthier" or something.

Not knocking the recipe itself... perhaps "Tangy Broccoli Dip" or "Mexican Brocolli Dip" or something would suit it better.

Maybe the creator thought it looked like quac so that's why they called it that...not sure...but I just thought it looked great and sounded like a nice alternative...that's all...
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    I saw that recipe and wanted to try it too. I love both broccoli and avocados and eat a lot of each.
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    But what if......I don't like either? I has da sads... :'(
  • abelcat1
    abelcat1 Posts: 186 Member
    I will try this recipe soon. Love broccoli. Thanks for posting ;-)
  • gingerlaurie
    gingerlaurie Posts: 19 Member
    I'm allergic to avocados, so THIS has made me VERY happy!! Thank you!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Interesting.. I think I will stick with guacamole. lol. I live avocados
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    While I am a huge guacamole fan, I am strangely intrigued by this....
    I almost want to try this as a paste to stuff chicken breasts with.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,956 Member
    i'm going to give this a go, I'm trying to learn to like Avocado but it is a slow process, however I love broccoli! And agree that it would be yum as a chicken breast stuffing.
  • missiontofitness
    missiontofitness Posts: 4,074 Member
    i'm going to give this a go, I'm trying to learn to like Avocado but it is a slow process, however I love broccoli! And agree that it would be yum as a chicken breast stuffing.

I'm trying to think of how I could make it work. Probably pulse it until it is still chunky, mix it with some mozzarella, and then cut a pouch into the breast and fill it with it. Ahhh, I want to try this now.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,956 Member

I'm trying to think of how I could make it work. Probably pulse it until it is still chunky, mix it with some mozzarella, and then cut a pouch into the breast and fill it with it. Ahhh, I want to try this now.

If you do, report back! That sounds great. I wonder if I could trick the hubster into eating broccoli like that...
  • jenchamb1
    jenchamb1 Posts: 73 Member
    I think it sounds great! Thanks for posting!
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    I thought this was going to be a knock off whack-a-mole game.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    appifiying-wordpress-practical-tips-for-using-wordpress-as-an-application-platform-15-638.jpg?cb=1406415041
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    I'm also a huge guacamole fan and while I would never use this as a substitute, I'm a little interested. Mostly because I hate chewing broccoli.