Licking the spoon count?

Tonight I made some valentines chocolate brownies. Blatantly not for me.. I could resist on licking the spoon afterwards. MFP will never know!! It can be our little secret B)

don't judge me :p

Replies

• Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    I had a cookie from work. It's homemade so can't add the calories. so you're good!
  • JadeDHayes
    JadeDHayes Posts: 15 Member
    Haha! Like your style!
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Depends on how much was on that spoon LOL

The other night my daughter made cookies and I grabbed a taste of the batter...it was enough for me to add it as like half a cookie (lots of butter and calories, so I had to)
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    I'm so afraid to do this because of uncooked egg. :X though I am always so tempted.
  • JadeDHayes
    Ha it was only a little bit! I should be fine!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Quick add calories 20?
  • Noelv1976
    Quick add works too. But that's no fun!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    BLT - bites, licks, tastes.
  • JadeDHayes
    I added 100. May or may not have had a cube of chocolate.. B)
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    gothchiq wrote: »
    I'm so afraid to do this because of uncooked egg. :X though I am always so tempted.

I've never heard of anyone getting sick from the raw egg. I'm convinced its a lie my mom made up so I wouldn't eat all the cookie dough lol

OP: Walk around your living room a few times- you should be good as long as you didn't eat like half the bowl as you were making them.....which I may or may not have done before.
  • Noelv1976
    Raw eggs are awesome. Mix it up in a blender with some sugar and you're golden!
  • JadeDHayes
    Troutsy wrote: »

I've never heard of anyone getting sick from the raw egg. I'm convinced its a lie my mom made up so I wouldn't eat all the cookie dough lol

OP: Walk around your living room a few times- you should be good as long as you didn't eat like half the bowl as you were making them.....which I may or may not have done before.

Maybe I should try running up and down the stairs also just too punish myself. As I may or may not have tried a brownie..
    Digging myself a hole here hahaha
  • Noelv1976
    There you go! Self-punishment is key!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Yep, I used to lick the batter when I was a kid and never got sick but now they say it is unsafe. Nope, I'm still licking the spoon. YMMV
  • Azexas
    JadeDHayes wrote: »
    Troutsy wrote: »

Maybe I should try running up and down the stairs also just too punish myself. As I may or may not have tried a brownie..
    Digging myself a hole here hahaha

LOL just log the brownie and you'll be golden... I mean licking the spoon is kinda free calories*. You have to make sure the batter is safe....right?? right?? lol

*No such thing as free calories haha. I feel like that needed a disclaimer.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Samples at the grocery store also do not count. o:)>:)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    This is one of those things that when I was logging I realized I had moved beyond merely trying to be healthy, aware, consistent, and relatively accurate to being obsessed.
  • exstromn
    exstromn Posts: 176 Member
    I'm a spoon licker too and do not count it!!
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Wash your eggs before you use them. Salmonella is on the shell.
  • Azexas
    BFDeal wrote: »
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    This is one of those things that when I was logging I realized I had moved beyond merely trying to be healthy, aware, consistent, and relatively accurate to being obsessed.
    What's your take on logging fish oil, vitamins, and cough medicine? I'd put these in almost the same category. Wow, 10 calories from your vitamins? That's a whopping 70 a week! Gimme a break.

I log my 10 calorie multivitamins... but its more so I remember to actually take them then the calorie count