I threw away Cheesecake!!!

Options

Replies

• crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I think that cheesecake went bad days ago. When does this thread die?

I'm sure it's got a day or two left. And then in three months, someone will revive it. It'll be like the death box microwave thread. Or the OP will keep posting updates as cheesecake keeps appearing in his office while no cheesecake ever appears in mine.
  • Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    Aviva92 wrote: »
    DavPul wrote: »
    Seriously people, wow. He threw away some perfectly good cheesecake, boo who, get over yourselves.

wait, i'm confused. so it's not a big deal? then why create a thread about it?

u can't have it both ways

It's not a big deal either way. One meal isn't a big deal. Seriously give the poor guy a break...yeah he threw the damn precious cheesecake away, oh well. Move on.

in the end, throwing away cheesecake isn't a big deal. i just don't view it as a victory. not taking it in the first place can be viewed as a victory.

Did you not read the OP's actual post? They had the mid afternoon munchies, saw the cheesecake and as an impulse grabbed a piece (to reiterate: because they had the mid afternoon munchies). They then decided after being at their desk they didn't want it so they tossed it.

Not sure what the big deal is. I've done that before. Heck, I've actually had food in my mouth, realized I really didn't want it, that I was eating it because I was bored so I spit it out and threw the rest away. It's not a big deal and if it is something that made the OP realize that they ARE mindlessly munching during the day and to reevaluate their behavior then power to them.

yes, i read it. i find it mildly inconsiderate to his coworkers rendering it less of a victory.

Inconsiderate because in the end they decided they actually didn't want to eat it so instead of putting back the slice that they took and handled they decided to toss it in the trash?

They took it and therefore they could do what they wanted with it. Sorry you don't view someone's personal triumph as a victory. I hope that some day you have a victory that you think is worth bragging about and you're told that it's really not.

oh, i have been told that on here several times for things i've viewed as a victory. as i said, when you post something on here, it's open to criticism.

it doesn't even seem as though the o.p. is offended by this stance on it, but for some reason lots of other people are.

little bit of news for you - you are the most seen poster on this thread.

so? i like posting on the internet and my avatar is cute and noticeable.

your avatar is cute? i didn't "notice" that.

yes, it's adorable.
  • exstromn
    exstromn Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    just got rid of more donuts...he he he he he
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    Good for you! I've actually had to dump doritos in the trash. Outside. Surrounded by litter box poo! High five to you!!!!
  • Lisa1971
    Options
    Jencib28 wrote: »
    Congrats, that's hard to do...I know i couldn't have done that. Don't listen to the negative nancys, if you had eaten it, it would have been a waste too. Would they all feel better if you has taken one bite first? jeez. Good job doing you!

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Marlene1667
    Marlene1667 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I can't believe people's comments!!! I guy makes a mistake a moment of weakness, corrects it and everyone slams him. I am really proud of you. No one needs cheesecake, you did everyone a favor.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,135 Member
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »
    I love people's reaction to this post... ridiculous....

Me too.

Wait. Which people?
    57642dbfdacec94fd419aba80c6f3a44ece01ee902a6935d3ce70f1fb3c2c16b.jpg
  • Yolkex
    Yolkex Posts: 13
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Come on, man. You don't have to give up cheesecake completely. One piece of cheesecake every once and a while is perfectly fine. Just don't binge eat an entire cheesecake factory and you'll be fine. I don't know. You did do something good. I guess I'm kind of upset you didn't offer it to anyone else (me.)
  • Aviva92
    Options
    I can't believe people's comments!!! I guy makes a mistake a moment of weakness, corrects it and everyone slams him. I am really proud of you. No one needs cheesecake, you did everyone a favor.

I would like some cheesecake. He didn't do me any favors by wasting it. speak for yourself. don't speak for everyone.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    emily_stew wrote: »
    RGv2 wrote: »
    Lulz, I totally forgot about this thread.

I had to scroll back a few pages to make sure it was the same thread, but did that one weird guy ever get your tank top from the bottom of your hockey bag? He said he wanted it.

No PM yet...

fingers-crossed.gif
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Are people seriously up this guys *kitten* about throwing it out and not taking it back for another coworker to have and get diabetes from? Seriously.

It takes a LOT of willpower to do this, good for you OP!
  • Aviva92
    Options
    MissAnjy wrote: »
    Are people seriously up this guys *kitten* about throwing it out and not taking it back for another coworker to have and get diabetes from? Seriously.

It takes a LOT of willpower to do this, good for you OP!

why would i get diabetes by eating a slice of cheesecake?
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Sadly, these forums have become less about fitness and support and more about bashing eachother and "being right".........exit here.
  • keshabbaker
    keshabbaker Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I think you people are crazy, who care if he throw out a piece of cheesecake before asking someone do they want it. He said it was a whole cheesecake on the table anyways, throwing away one slice of fating cheesecake is not the end of the world. I am personally very proud of your decision to toss the cheesecake. Bye Bye 500 empty calories to the trash you go!!!!!!!
  • Lisa1971
    Options

Welcome to MFP. Home of the nasty!

• Joe_Buck69
    Joe_Buck69 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Sadly, these forums have become less about fitness and support and more about bashing eachother and "being right".........exit here.
    Goodbye.

And don't forget your dumb, false dichotomies behind.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

maybe one day when all the derp ceases we can get back to regular programming...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!