I threw away Cheesecake!!!

Options

Replies

• Aviva92
    Aviva92 Posts: 2,333 Member
    Options
    emily_stew wrote: »
    MissAnjy wrote: »
    Sadly, these forums have become less about fitness and support and more about bashing eachother and "being right".........exit here.

OK, well bye.
    Sorry* but I'm not going to pat someone on the back for making a dumb decision to waste perfectly good food. I'm not going to beat them about the head for it (and if you care to scroll back a million pages to my original reply, you'll see I didn't), but I'm not going to congratulate them either. Nor am I going to be some sort of food police like other posters saying "good for you, no one needs to eat cheesecake", that's even more stupid.
    If you had bothered to read a few more pages, you'd see that OP had actually learned from this experience, and a few days later when cheesecake reappeared in the office, he decided to simply pass it by this time. So I guess the "bashing" was actually helpful. Maybe it wasn't bashing after all..
    And for the millionth time, Support is about more than being a yes man and going "good for you!" at every turn and offering unquestioning encouragement..

*not sorry.

exactly
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Are people seriously up this guys *kitten* about throwing it out and not taking it back for another coworker to have and get diabetes from? Seriously.

It takes a LOT of willpower to do this, good for you OP!

Um, wut?
  • Delilahhhhhh
    Delilahhhhhh Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    RGv2 wrote: »
    emily_stew wrote: »
    RGv2 wrote: »
    Lulz, I totally forgot about this thread.

I had to scroll back a few pages to make sure it was the same thread, but did that one weird guy ever get your tank top from the bottom of your hockey bag? He said he wanted it.

No PM yet...

fingers-crossed.gif

I just had to come back to catch up on this thread. I am so pleased that OP updated us with cheesecake gate #2 along with wonderful photograph.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Sadly, these forums have become less about fitness and support and more about bashing eachother and "being right".........exit here.

Know what's even sadder than that?

Saying that a slice of cheesecake causes diabetes as if it's fact.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    I think you people are crazy, who care if he throw out a piece of cheesecake before asking someone do they want it. He said it was a whole cheesecake on the table anyways, throwing away one slice of fating cheesecake is not the end of the world. I am personally very proud of your decision to toss the cheesecake. Bye Bye 500 empty calories to the trash you go!!!!!!!

How do you define the term "empty calories"?
  • rkmeyer41
    rkmeyer41 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    WTG! I just turned down a soft chewy chocolate cookie :p
  • Fatfurie
    Fatfurie Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    This is so awesome, because it is so hard when there is free food available, especially that tastes so great. Good for you for doing this!
    WayneBradt wrote: »
    Food milestone yesterday. Mid afternoon, about that time hunger starts. Quiet office, I walk in the kitchen and someone put out a whole cheesecake on the counter to share with everyone. My instinct, grab some and I did. Walked back to my office, began logging it in MFP. Right before I was about to eat it I stopped an threw it in the trash. I'm sure for some this sounds simple, for me this was huge. One, it's cheesecake, two I have difficulty wasting food (probably from growing up without much of it) and three it was cheesecake. Kinda proud of this moment.

• _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    Off to track down the cheesecake which is probably blue by now. Save the people from dat diabetes yo! Cheesecake yo! I thought this thread was pretty lame on day one and today my opinion hasn't changed. I threw away yogurt, should I start a thread? Lawdy!
  • olyjok
    olyjok Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I get it and I'm proud of you. Some people understand addictions. If you would have had one, more then likely you would have been OK with more. You got this!
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    I can't believe people's comments!!! I guy makes a mistake a moment of weakness, corrects it and everyone slams him. I am really proud of you. No one needs cheesecake, you did everyone a favor.
    You are utterly ridiculous. No one needs cheesecake?!? Ugh.

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    LOL that we are on page 14 and still going strong ...
  • ndj1979
    Options
    olyjok wrote: »
    I get it and I'm proud of you. Some people understand addictions. If you would have had one, more then likely you would have been OK with more. You got this!

easy on the over dramatization …geez...
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »

DYEExcessiveMFPSupportsAndMotivations?
  • ndj1979
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »

DYEExcessiveMFPSupportsAndMotivations?

LOL
  • ndj1979
    Options
    I also find it amusing as to how many people are cheering for throwing away perfectly fine food that is not spoiled ...
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    This is kind of sad. Life is not worth living if I can eat cheesecake once in a while. Had it for breakfast along with a slice of tiramisu on my birthday. :smile:
  • exstromn
    exstromn Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »
    From now on, when there's food in the office, I'm going to take some and throw it away. If anyone questions me on it at all, I'm going to tell them "personal victory" and that they can't challenge me on my actions because the "personal victory" defense trumps all else...

...and that by even suggesting that my actions may have been less than ideal will make them bad people who should just get over themselves.

Right on!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!