What are you doing for Valentine's Day that doesn't involve food/candy?

Options

Replies

• mrskayswooley2013
    mrskayswooley2013 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    chocolate covered strawberries and I think chocolate covered bananas. maybe chicken and mashed potatoes and cuddles in bed watching a movie
  • luppic8
    luppic8 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Going to Vegas!
  • FoxyLifter
    FoxyLifter Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Going to the hot tub place for an hour or so and then coming home and camping out in the living room. We pull out the mattress from the spare room, place it in the middle of the living room and light the room with nothing but a couple candles and white Christmas lights. :wink:
  • Daiako
    Daiako Posts: 12,545 Member
    Options
    Drinking some booze?
  • jadowns
    jadowns Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    If it's too hard to resist the popcorn and candy, don't do it. But I'm seeing 50 Shades of Gray baby!
  • alyssa_6481
    alyssa_6481 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    salad_bar wrote: »
    I think my partner and myself may be the only ones who don't do anything for V-Day.

You're not alone! ^^

My boyfriend and I don't make a big deal of it. He has a major sweet tooth so I will likely get him something small. Otherwise we will probably go to a local trade show and walk around. Or do some weight lifting at home together then watch a movie and relax. For us it's just another day.
  • miguelgonzalez192
    miguelgonzalez192 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I will be taking my wife on a romantic bike ride this year down a 12 mile trail! ;) and packing a healthy picnic to go with the ride :D
  • cherys
    cherys Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Walk in the woods hand in hand.
    And lots of calorie burning after dark...

But I reckon you can still have treats on Valentine's Day without them being unhealthy: blueberries, mango and raspberries for breakfast, grilled steak or fish with salad and a glass of champagne at dinner. No more calories than any normal day, just food you might not buy daily due to the cost.
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Well, the sex part doesn't involve eating.

But other than that we will be going out for TWO Valentine's meals: brunch and dinner! w00t w00t!
  • MsBeverleyH
    MsBeverleyH Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm single. And it's a long weekend for me, so I'm going home to see my family. (Not so romantic; but can't be disappointed like I have for the past few V-days!)
  • FenTiger89
    FenTiger89 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    We're doing a 5K in the morning. Other than that, it's a typical day. We've been married 25 years. If he wants to be romantic he can fold some laundry!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Going salsa dancing on the 13th.

I'm not sure what, if anything, I will do on the 14th.
  • bfield92
    bfield92 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately working from 10-6
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Saturdays I usually watch various PBS shows (mostly cooking & sewing).
    Will probably do the gym, as usual, though since I have to work that night I might not.
    Work involves a lot of walking & fairly light lifting (usually 5 lb or less, though some things are heavier, maybe up to 40 lb?).
  • evitamac
    evitamac Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    lil_lizt wrote: »
    Well I'm single so I'm having a horror movie fest on my own lol

Love horror movies! Good choice girl!
    Crying myself to sleep. :( #foreveralone

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy girl to be negative! Sending some positive vibes Bzzzzzz....
    Treat you self at home, Prepare a nice healthy dinner, take a nice bath, apply some face mask, light some candles, listen to music a relax or watch a good movie! That's what I used to do when I was single!

• Noogynoogs
    Noogynoogs Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    A no sex day for a change lol
  • DeannaLynnPerkins
    DeannaLynnPerkins Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Run 4 Love 5K with my husband! This will be our 3rd year in a row. :-D
  • rbfdac
    rbfdac Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Aside from doing normal things, we will probably take a trip to the movies and maybe see 50 Shades (flame away!)
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Maybe see a movie ,maybe not. Weather might keep us home. That's ok......our fav place to be.If so,will have baked steak with mushrooms & chocolate fudge cake for dessert.
  • mrengineer001
    Options
    Ballroom dancing :)
    Trying something new :)
    Could not think of a better day to start dancing with my wife :) it is fun, great exercise no food or drinking( other then water) involved.