Calorie Consumption

Options
2»

Replies

• Oncebittentwiceshy38
    Options
    I'm set at 1750 and I eat back my exercise calories whenever I want to. I set aside 800 calories for when I get off work (supper and a snack) and eat breakfast, lunch, and a snack at work.
  • daw0518
    daw0518 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I'm at about 1570 +/- exercise calories. I shoot for a lower calorie breakfast and lunch so I can enjoy a higher calorie dinner & some delicious snacks or treats in the evening.
  • tdc8557
    tdc8557 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I never paid much attention to the calories I ate at a specific meal until I started using this app and now I'm like wow I tend to eat the same amount of calories per meal every day without trying...weird. Anyway I was just a little nosy on how people go about their health routines!
  • KrunchyMama
    KrunchyMama Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    1240 calories here. My diary is open if you want to check it out. I don't log my couch to 5k or insanity calories, or my 30 day challenge calories, because I have no idea how much I'm burning. As you'll see though, I usually have one meal a week where I go over for my calories, so I'm assuming it evens out. I try to eat mostly whole foods, although every now and then my in laws bring junk over to our house, so you'll see a few snacks thrown in. I aim to have each meal and snack at about 300 calories each, although some days it's 250, 250, 500, with 200 as a snack. I eat a lot of vegetables and (aside from yesterday) I try to stay away from bread and pasta.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I track macros not calories. I eat most of my carbs around training (night time), and have higher fat meals earlier. Protein is kind of spread evenly over however many meals I have (2-5)....I dont worry about how many cals they are, but I tend to have bigger meals rather than lots of little ones.
  • TickledPinkTeri
    TickledPinkTeri Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    zipa78 wrote: »
    Lezavargas wrote: »
    I shoot for 1200 because Im trying to lose.

Lose what? Your sanity or your will to live?

^this X a million.

I care more about WHAT I eat than the calories because, for me, the food matters. The way I currently eat is sustainable for the rest of my life. I no longer log very often but I'm around 2000 calories but ideally should move more and eat more.

• TickledPinkTeri
    TickledPinkTeri Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I was MFP had me at 1200 to loose 2 lbs a week. My trainer said to go between 1200-1500 depending On my exercise. Well not with the update MFP has me at 1030 calories and that's too low. Even MFP says not to go under 1200. What's going on? Anyone else have this issue? Have a great