Drinking Water During Workouts

Options

Replies

• Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Good info.
    :drinker: :drinker: That's me with two bottles of water gone already today.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Good info.

Good job Anna!:bigsmile:

I'm about 1/2 way through todays now.......
  • pixiestick
    pixiestick Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    On the days that I am not at the gym, I cannot seem to get all of my water down. It takes forever!!! I drink a lot, but it is usually in the form of tea (yeah, yeah, I know, doesn't count).

That is not a question, just a statement. :P
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    *Edit - Answered my own question. :bigsmile:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    :drinker: +:drinker: +:drinker: +:drinker: +:drinker: +:drinker: +:drinker: = a great water day!:heart:
  • 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,386 Member
    Options
    My problem with water?!?! It wants to leak out during jumping jacks, running, sneezing, laughing, coughing, crying ..... You get the drift :noway: :angry: :sad:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    :bigsmile:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    :drinker:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    "Water is the most essential next to air, for our survival, our bodies cannot work without it.
    All the cell organ functions depend on water for their functioning.
    Water also can aid in the prevention and cure of many types of diseases, ailments and disorders that effect the many systems of the human body!"

Cheers for all the healthy reasons to drink our WATER!!!:drinker: :heart: :drinker: :heart: :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    That's nice and all but what about us people who literally roll out of bed and go right to gym. There is no 2-3 hour space there? ): And it's the only time I can go to gym since the gym is closed by the time I'm off work.
  • nickybr38
    Options
    My problem with water?!?! It wants to leak out during jumping jacks, running, sneezing, laughing, coughing, crying ..... You get the drift :noway: :angry: :sad:

HAHAHAHAHA
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    That's nice and all but what about us people who literally roll out of bed and go right to gym. There is no 2-3 hour space there? ): And it's the only time I can go to gym since the gym is closed by the time I'm off work.
    I say..do the best you can!:happy: None of us are ever going to be able to do perfection...we all fit in what we can....I do believe water drinking is one of the healthiest things we can do for ourselves....it rids our bodies of toxins and all the crap that we eat that isn't the healthiest. Not necessarily am I talking about food but the junk they spray foods with....that sort of thing.:noway: :huh:

Perhaps a water bottle by your bed....a gym water bottle....perhaps something like that might get you started on a habit of drinking it!:drinker: :bigsmile:

I hear ya on the gym..... I just fit in what I can when I can and try to keep it up each day:happy: :drinker:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Good info.
    :flowerforyou: Hi Anna461.gif
  • nickybr38
    Options
    I say..do the best you can!:happy: None of us are ever going to be able to do perfection...we all fit in what we can....I do believe water drinking is one of the healthiest things we can do for ourselves....it rids our bodies of toxins and all the crap that we eat that isn't the healthiest. Not necessarily am I talking about food but the junk they spray foods with....that sort of thing.:noway: :huh:

Perhaps a water bottle by your bed....a gym water bottle....perhaps something like that might get you started on a habit of drinking it!:drinker: :bigsmile:

I hear ya on the gym..... I just fit in what I can when I can and try to keep it up each day:happy: :drinker:

:happy: I am SO not a drinker. I am lucky if I have one glass of water a day. This is by far the hardest lifestyle change I'm going to have to institute. I've cut out sugars, and lost weight before (70 lbs, but gained it all back after some stressful life changes) but even then I barely drank water.

But! Now's the time to try. I'm keeping a water bottle at my side from now on.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options

:happy: I am SO not a drinker. I am lucky if I have one glass of water a day. This is by far the hardest lifestyle change I'm going to have to institute. I've cut out sugars, and lost weight before (70 lbs, but gained it all back after some stressful life changes) but even then I barely drank water.

But! Now's the time to try. I'm keeping a water bottle at my side from now on.
    Great Attitude nickybr:drinker: It's a great place to start....:happy:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,386 Member
    Options
    Okay, you ladies are getting to me. So I sip some water while doing Kenpo X, a martial arts workout in the P90X series. During a jumping jacks segment, the water starts sloshing in my tummy. My dog, who is sleeping on the floor near me, gets up and sticks his nose right in my gut, trying to figure out what that sound is!:laugh:
  • mjfer123
    mjfer123 Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I agree with this article and drink plenty of water during exercise, before and after.

But I have recently read in Men's Health that its not exactly what we naturally evolved to do. Our bodies have adapted over time to work out and go miles without stopping for water.
    The hunter didnt have time to stop by the water hole as he ran down wild animals with a spear (bow and arrow not invented for thousands of years). Especially as archaeologists are realizing that humans survived and fed on meat because their stamina would outlast that of their prey, so essentially, we could run further for a longer time. All without stopping or water to track down that exhausted gazelle.
    Now that we have water fountains and bottled water this has canceled the need really to do so, but I wonder what effects it will have on our exercising?

Not arguing, like I said, I drink plenty of water and would probably crawl into the showers and die if I didnt, lol.
    Maybe someone could shed some more light on this or take it as a different view.
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Ok.... I will ask the embarrassing question! :blushing:

What do you do if you jog/run outdoors and drink even 8 oz of water before exercise. I NEED :noway: a bathroom during my workout and I am no where near one. :embarassed:

What to do, What to do???

Thanks!

You can do the diaper...or my sister who did cross country said they just peed while they ran. They're all ready sweating so much. I haven't gotten to this point yet, where I HAD to go when I run outside. I'm afraid once I start running 10ks, I'll need to though.

Now I need to go look at the other answers to your embarrassing question (don't worry, it's the REAL reason I am not ever attempting a marathon...:wink: )