Lose a little tone a lot

Options
2»

Replies

• HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    In my experience, women use the word "toned" to mean "fit but not muscular." However, the real-life difference between the body women want and the one they claim they don't is mostly hydration and a miniscule amount of body fat. Most female weightlifters do not resemble competitive bodybuilders, which is a different pursuit. And, the women who do bodybuild and get really, really big? Have either very unique genetics or use substances or both.

• angelnsnyder
    angelnsnyder Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I may not have been specific enough. I'm not trying to "Hulk" up. I would just like to lose the little stomach fat I have and have fairly defined abb muscles.
    EWJLang wrote: »
    In my experience, women use the word "toned" to mean "fit but not muscular." However, the real-life difference between the body women want and the one they claim they don't is mostly hydration and a miniscule amount of body fat. Most female weightlifters do not resemble competitive bodybuilders, which is a different pursuit. And, the women who do bodybuild and get really, really big? Have either very unique genetics or use substances or both.

• angelnsnyder
    Options
    I had just finished doing some crunches, sit-ups, and dead lifts with an unusually high amount of weight for me. I can't seem to stop shaking. I'm not sure if that's because of the unusual workout, the adrenaline, or the cut in calories I recently made. Should I be concerned?
  • Hi_Jenn_Jenn
    Hi_Jenn_Jenn Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you! I lift as heavy as I can (without sacrificing form) at lower reps.
  • angelnsnyder
    Options
    Or the iced coffee I had today
    I had just finished doing some crunches, sit-ups, and dead lifts with an unusually high amount of weight for me. I can't seem to stop shaking. I'm not sure if that's because of the unusual workout, the adrenaline, or the cut in calories I recently made. Should I be concerned?

• HeySwoleSister
    HeySwoleSister Posts: 1,938 Member
    Options
    I may not have been specific enough. I'm not trying to "Hulk" up. I would just like to lose the little stomach fat I have and have fairly defined abb muscles.
    EWJLang wrote: »

yeah, I was just trying to reassure you that you really can't accidentally "Hulk up." The very few women who do manage to get really, really big have to go to extraordinary lengths to do so, and even then very few have the genetics to get "manly."

Basically, don't worry about getting "too" anything by lifting. It's not something that's going to happen to you.

Bonus for heavy weight low reps? You are out of the gym a hell of a lot faster! Major time saver, LOL.