HELP!! Drinks for bloating?!

Options
2»

Replies

• xo_aprmn
    xo_aprmn Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    JacquiH73 wrote: »
    Water with lemon or apple cider vinegar. Also cutting down on your sodium intake and making sure to drink at least 8 cups - that's 64 fl oz of unadulterated water - per day can help prevent bloating.
    Really?! I didn't think MORE water would do the trick, funny. Thanks!
  • jchenks
    jchenks Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    aperman01 wrote: »
    Water with lemon or apple cider vinegar. Also cutting down on your sodium intake and making sure to drink at least 8 cups - that's 64 fl oz of unadulterated water - per day can help prevent bloating.

What happens when you eat sodium is your body wants to retain all the water to balance out that sodium..... so if you drink lots of water... your body says oh ok... i'm getting hydrated and it starts releasing the water and your body goes back to normal..... That is probably the most non medical description of that process ever haha

• PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    Options
    I drink a cup of warm lemon water every morning and I do not get bloated or retain too much water. I swear by this and I have IBS with constipation. I also make sure I have at least 60 ounces of water daily too.
  • kozinskey
    kozinskey Posts: 176 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Water, green tea, more water. On days I feel bloated my lunch is a big bright green salad with lots of veggies, chicken breast, and a little bit of oil and lemon juice for dressing. And if being bloated is making me feel queasy, I go for club soda with a squeeze of lemon or lime.
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    alpine tea helped me but have this at night because in the morning..... you will need the toilet.. if you get what I mean.
  • theskinnybitch2014
    Options
    I find coconut water helpful (no additives). I have no scientific background to back it up but it helps me :)
  • xo_aprmn
    Options
    jchenks wrote: »
    aperman01 wrote: »

What happens when you eat sodium is your body wants to retain all the water to balance out that sodium..... so if you drink lots of water... your body says oh ok... i'm getting hydrated and it starts releasing the water and your body goes back to normal..... That is probably the most non medical description of that process ever haha

Hahah well good because that's why I understand it..... Thanks girl!
  • xo_aprmn
    Options
    PinkyPan1 wrote: »
    I drink a cup of warm lemon water every morning and I do not get bloated or retain too much water. I swear by this and I have IBS with constipation. I also make sure I have at least 60 ounces of water daily too.

Definitely gonna try this, thanks!!
  • drcrisos
    drcrisos Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I used to have horrible bloating and gas pains. Tried Kefir - blueberry or raspberry are my favorites! Haven't been bloated since drinking it! Love it, drink it every day. Put it in my green smoothies. Great way to get probiotics in and no more tummy problems!