Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Bowel movement. ...every other day????

Replies

• abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    up your fibers
  • inthslif
    inthslif Posts: 96 Member
    Since I've been dieting on here.......every other day has been common........when I was a gym rat.....2 or 3 times a day.....idk what's going on with my colon......no pain or discomfort
  • inthslif
    abadvat wrote: »
    up your fibers

Yeah. ..... I've been doing that...... it's weird
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    edited February 2015
    I tend to have the same issue. I was told by my doctor that this could be my regular schedule. Anything between 3 X a day and 3 X a week is considered "normal." I also eat a lot of fiber, but it doesn't have much effect. I've had good luck with adding 1 tbs. of chia seeds to my oatmeal, yogurt, or if I have peanut butter on toast.
  • abadvat
    always been every other day or just recently?
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    If you're dieting, if you've cut far back on your calories, you may just not have as much to "get rid of" so to speak.
  • inthslif
    rosebette wrote: »
    I tend to have the same issue. I was told by my doctor that this could be my regular schedule. Anything between 3 X a day and 3 X a week is considered "normal." I also eat a lot of fiber, but it doesn't have much effect. I've had good luck with adding 1 tbs. of chia seeds to my oatmeal, yogurt, or if I have peanut butter on toast.

I cut pb out of my diet.....it was a cause of my weight gain
  • inthslif
    always been every other day or just recently?

Just recently. ......past month
  • inthslif
    rosebette wrote: »
    If you're dieting, if you've cut far back on your calories, you may just not have as much to "get rid of" so to speak.

Good point
  • carliekitty
    carliekitty Posts: 303 Member
    Common when reducing caloric intake. Drink more water, eat more fruit and veg.
  • JoseCastaneda
    JoseCastaneda Posts: 245 Member
    edited February 2015
    I've found that increasing fiber and fat (OMG! yes, fat) will help you with that.

Oh, and drink plenty of water :)
  • abadvat
    if it is only the PB you have cut then it must be something else - IMO as long as you don't feel bloated, cramping or just generally not well I wouldn't be so concerned.... at the end of it you still going!
  • inthslif
    Common when reducing caloric intake. Drink more water, eat more fruit and veg.

Ty.......that must be it
  • inthslif
    if it is only the PB you have cut then it must be something else - IMO as long as you don't feel bloated, cramping or just generally not well I wouldn't be so concerned.... at the end of it you still going!

I've cut other foods.......pb was the biggie......my movements have been smooth sailing
  • inthslif
    I've found that increasing fiber and fat (OMG! yes, fat) will help you with that.

Wow.....fat????........hmmmm
  • abadvat
    second the fruit and veggies motion - be a bit selective where there are more fibers!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    edited February 2015
    After surgery my movements went to every other day. I worried about it but I was told this might be my "new normal". There are different kinds of fiber (soluble/insoluble). If you don't take enough water with the soluble fiber it can bung you up.

I find even a teaspoon of flax oil to be wonderfully lubricating. You may make it in to a vinaigrette with lemon juice and salt, and dip bread in it.
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    magnesium citrate supplements , you will sleep better every night and guarantee at least 1 big poop a day. take too much and you wont be able to leave the house.
  • swampus99
    swampus99 Posts: 21 Member
    I couldn't believe the positive impact magnesium had on my sleep!
  • chunmi
    chunmi Posts: 38 Member
    As long as you don't have any pain/discomfort i don't see the problem really.. I only have bm 1x every 1/1.5 weeks. Has been like this since i was a little kid, and i eat about 40 grams of fibre every day....