Replies

• abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    up your fibers
  • inthslif
    inthslif Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Since I've been dieting on here.......every other day has been common........when I was a gym rat.....2 or 3 times a day.....idk what's going on with my colon......no pain or discomfort
  • inthslif
    Options
    abadvat wrote: »
    up your fibers

Yeah. ..... I've been doing that...... it's weird
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I tend to have the same issue. I was told by my doctor that this could be my regular schedule. Anything between 3 X a day and 3 X a week is considered "normal." I also eat a lot of fiber, but it doesn't have much effect. I've had good luck with adding 1 tbs. of chia seeds to my oatmeal, yogurt, or if I have peanut butter on toast.
  • abadvat
    Options
    always been every other day or just recently?
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    If you're dieting, if you've cut far back on your calories, you may just not have as much to "get rid of" so to speak.
  • inthslif
    Options
    rosebette wrote: »
    I tend to have the same issue. I was told by my doctor that this could be my regular schedule. Anything between 3 X a day and 3 X a week is considered "normal." I also eat a lot of fiber, but it doesn't have much effect. I've had good luck with adding 1 tbs. of chia seeds to my oatmeal, yogurt, or if I have peanut butter on toast.

I cut pb out of my diet.....it was a cause of my weight gain
  • inthslif
    Options
    always been every other day or just recently?

Just recently. ......past month
  • inthslif
    Options
    rosebette wrote: »
    If you're dieting, if you've cut far back on your calories, you may just not have as much to "get rid of" so to speak.

Good point
  • carliekitty
    carliekitty Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Common when reducing caloric intake. Drink more water, eat more fruit and veg.
  • JoseCastaneda
    JoseCastaneda Posts: 245 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I've found that increasing fiber and fat (OMG! yes, fat) will help you with that.

Oh, and drink plenty of water :)
  • abadvat
    Options
    if it is only the PB you have cut then it must be something else - IMO as long as you don't feel bloated, cramping or just generally not well I wouldn't be so concerned.... at the end of it you still going!
  • inthslif
    Options
    Common when reducing caloric intake. Drink more water, eat more fruit and veg.

Ty.......that must be it
  • inthslif
    Options
    if it is only the PB you have cut then it must be something else - IMO as long as you don't feel bloated, cramping or just generally not well I wouldn't be so concerned.... at the end of it you still going!

I've cut other foods.......pb was the biggie......my movements have been smooth sailing
  • inthslif
    Options
    I've found that increasing fiber and fat (OMG! yes, fat) will help you with that.

Wow.....fat????........hmmmm
  • abadvat
    Options
    second the fruit and veggies motion - be a bit selective where there are more fibers!
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    After surgery my movements went to every other day. I worried about it but I was told this might be my "new normal". There are different kinds of fiber (soluble/insoluble). If you don't take enough water with the soluble fiber it can bung you up.

I find even a teaspoon of flax oil to be wonderfully lubricating. You may make it in to a vinaigrette with lemon juice and salt, and dip bread in it.
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    magnesium citrate supplements , you will sleep better every night and guarantee at least 1 big poop a day. take too much and you wont be able to leave the house.
  • swampus99
    swampus99 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I couldn't believe the positive impact magnesium had on my sleep!
  • chunmi
    chunmi Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    As long as you don't have any pain/discomfort i don't see the problem really.. I only have bm 1x every 1/1.5 weeks. Has been like this since i was a little kid, and i eat about 40 grams of fibre every day....