February 2015 walk/bike/jog 100+ mile challenge

Options

Replies

• jeanniewes
    jeanniewes Posts: 3,696 Member
    Options
    lol jesiann. TODAY IS FRIDAY 13TH! .... :p It is COLD here as well. Dropped into the teens last night. Only calling for 42F today..

Husband is off work today so we will go out for a pre-valentine day dinner and a movie...will also do a bit of shopping and perhaps some sort of walking in the mall. Will log whatever I get late evening or tomorrow....

HAPPY FRIDAY too all those that work and have your weekend coming up. I am BLESSED as I am Retired so I pretty much CELEBRATE EVERY DAY! THANK YOU JESUS!!!!!
  • jesiann2014
    jesiann2014 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Ah thirteenth schmirteenth! (yeah, that doesn't sound as clever as I intended it to)
    Anyway, Friday the 13th only comes around once (or is it twice? or thrice?) a year and 4 out of 3 superstitious people claim that it's merely a superstition.

So there's you some scientific date to throw out around the water cooler today. Not you though, Jeannie. You're retired... Oh envy... :p
  • mommarobb
    mommarobb Posts: 80 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Happy Friday the 13th everyone. There is a town close to here. Port Dover, where all the bikers gather on Friday the 13th but I don't think they will be gathering there today. We are in a deep freeze. It is 8F but feels like -6F. Any colder and our cars won't want to start.
    Did karate with my boy last night. It was blast and a great workout. We had a lot of fun doing it together. ( he is 11 ) My hubby suggested that I try the adult karate class ..... definitely thinking about it.
    Have a great day everyone :)
  • playmadcats
    playmadcats Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Yesterday walk 3 miles. Today stat bike 7 miles, not counting the bits.
    Total 10.
  • jeanniewes
    Options
    Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr 'mommarobb' that is COLD and I'm complaining! lol

I did get in mall/shops walking yesterday. 3.5 Miles but it is a slower walk than what I do outside on this mountain. I will log everything together later this evening. It is suppose too warm in the fifties. I should be able too take a walk with my girlies.....

HAPPY WEEKEND EVERYONE! :) AND HAPPY VALENTINES DAY <3
  • llUndecidedll
    llUndecidedll Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    Today, I walked 8.5 miles so that gives me a total of 59.2 miles.
  • jeanniewes
    Options
    wowwwwwwwwwwwwww undecided that is IMPRESSIVE! The only time I get in that many miles is when we go camping. I walk several times a day and get in sometimes as many as 11 miles. At home though I find it difficult as I don't like too leave my home chores. When camping there are not many chores too do other than prepare foods...lol

3.5 Walking miles on February 13th....

Today the girls and I got in 3.0 Miles...

TOTAL THUS FAR February 14th...........29.75 walking miles.....
    ............................................................76.9 Exercise Bike miles....
  • jesiann2014
    Options
    I'm Still trying to fathom 8 degrees.... My word! I bet u guys all have generators in case the electricity goes out. 8 DEGREES!!! It's a sunny 75 here as I type. Love Louisiana!! <3 But we do have a cool snap heading our way for Tuesday. Might see freezing...

4.6 miles

54.51 total miles
  • llUndecidedll
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Jeanniewes, when I'm stressed [which happens every day, haha] I like to leave the house and just walk until I'm feeling better. I try to walk a good, hard 5 miles and then the rest is casual with maybe an increase in intensity here and there. I'm a slow walker, though. I've been trying to increase my speed.

I've always wanted to go camping/hiking, but I don't know anyone who's into those things like I am. It sounds like so much fun.

Well, you see, other than work, I really have nothing else to do, no one to tend to, just me and my lonesome self, so yeah.... big part of why and how I walk a lot of miles.

Well, today I walked 6 miles, so that brings my total to 65.2 miles.
  • playmadcats
    Options
    Walk 5 miles.
    Total up to 15
  • jesiann2014
    Options
    Everyone is doing so great! Very motivating.

4.38 miles

58.89 total miles
  • JohnH71
    JohnH71 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    5/01/15 - 2.8 miles running
    8/01/15 - 40 miles cycling
    15/01/15 - 41 miles cycling
  • jeanniewes
    Options
    jesiann I had too laugh! Our wind chill with 8 degrees was 10 below 0 the news said. tomorrow we are expecting 6-8 inches of SNOW (and no I am not happy about it! ) and IF we don't get as much snow as they think then that will be bad because it will be ICE. I would rather have the snow!

Undecided. I don't have anyone too walk with either other than my doggies and sometimes my husband when he is off work. I do love camping in state parks. One is close too us so when we go camping husband walks with me almost every walk unless he's fishing. I love taking my girls (doggies) as they love too walk. In warmer weather my husband drops me off around 5 miles away (on his way too work) and I walk back home. Then late evening I walk the girls a couple of miles. Right now I am lucky too get in 3 miles. The rest of the week I doubt I will get any outside walking as there will be the snow issue as well as very cold weather. It is a shame we don't live close together. We could become walking buddies. Seems like we have the same problem. No one too walk with.

playmadcats...WAY TOO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TODAY I got a bit of outside walking and also in-store walking. 2.5 Miles total...TOTAL

THUS FAR February 15th........................32.25 walking miles.....
    ............................................................76.9 Exercise Bike miles....

• jeanniewes
    Options
    RATS! I got so busy chit chatting I forgot too add my exercise Bike. Actually I did 3 miles late last night I did not log AND I have done 4.1 miles this evening...

Everyone keep your fingers crossed. My Exercise bike has started making a funny noise! I hope the bearings are not going out. I had that happen a few years ago and it had too be worked on...ughhhhhhhh

THUS FAR February 15th........................32.25 walking miles.....
    ............................................................84.0 Exercise Bike miles....

• jeanniewes
    Options
    jesiann I forgot too answer about generators. We have a small one in our RV that can be used too keep the Freezer going if we need too. We also have a Kerosene heater and a small propane heater for heat. It is sleeting here today. The ground is covered. Temp has risen some. We need at least 3 more degrees for it too start melting. We have not got any of the snow they were calling for. I have used my Exercise Bike. 6.7 miles this morning...

THUS FAR February 16th........................32.25 walking miles.....
    .............................................................90.7 Exercise Bike miles....
  • VickiLogan11
    VickiLogan11 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I'm in.
    Currently doing 10k on bike each day. It's become a habit now lol.
  • playmadcats
    Options
    Walk 2 Bike 5 todays total 7
    Total 17
  • jeanniewes
    Options
    Great work VickiLogan11...AND WELCOME too our little place of encouragement and exercise... :)

Since we've ha an ice storm I did do another exercise Bike ride....4.2 Miles....

THUS FAR February 16th........................32.25 walking miles.....
    .............................................................94.9 Exercise Bike miles....
  • llUndecidedll
    Options
    Walked 6.33 miles today, well yesterday. That brings my total to 71.53 miles.
  • jesiann2014
    Options
    Good Tuesday morning, guys!! Just look at you! Y'all are doing just swell. Just swell!! :)

Ah, long holiday weekends are the greatest, don't you think? Although, I was a bit lazy... in my walking and in my logging. But who wants to dwell on that?? Today is a new day indeed.

Sunday & Monday - 2.85 miles

61.74 total miles