What's Your Most Recent NSV

Options

Replies

• jenmovies
    jenmovies Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Today, even though I went over my calorie limit last night, I still feel GOOD. I feel strong, like progress is being made and I am not longer beating myself up about a mistake here or there. :DB)
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I can do 30 seconds of jumping jacks with little fatigue. When I started in September, I could barely go 10 without dying.
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    jenmovies wrote: »
    luluinca wrote: »
    My trainer called me a "beast" the other day when I did my first ever "real" deadlift. It was only 155 lbs but he seemed impressed. Probably because I'm almost 65............ :D and just started lifting weights recently although I've been going in that direction for over a year.
    OMG! You are awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Hah, thanks. I'm having a lot of fun lifting weights and getting a little bit stronger every day. Wish I would have done this years ago.
  • 2ledbetter
    2ledbetter Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I stood up to cook our entire supper. Lots of vegetable chopping about halfway through I thought wow I'm almost finished chopping and I'm standing.
  • Topdog67
    Topdog67 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I had to go by a new smaller belt and a wedding band 3 sizes smaller. Could not keep my old one on.
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Got some new workout clothes a size smaller than before!

• BruceHedtke
    BruceHedtke Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Went for my first run of the year, finally breaking the cold winter spell :-)

Good job! We just got hit with more sub-zero temps for the next couple of days. Spring seems like a million years away :'(
  • BruceHedtke
    BruceHedtke Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    dayrae02 wrote: »
    I have not had a good week as far as working out, due to a bunch of unexpected work/toddler illness issues. But the NSV is that I am not beating myself up about it. I know it doesn't mean I am backsliding. I can hit it hard this weekend and get right back on track. So long as I eat ok, I wont undo everything I have been working so hard for.

Same here on the work out front and I'm not beating myself up, either. Sometimes life just gets in the way and on those days, I just focus on staying within my calories/macros.
  • jenmovies
    jenmovies Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    2ledbetter wrote: »
    I stood up to cook our entire supper. Lots of vegetable chopping about halfway through I thought wow I'm almost finished chopping and I'm standing.
    Ledbetter from Texas? My Librarian in elementary was named Mrs.Ledbetter. Trinity, East Texas. I wonder if you are related? Anyway, I just wanted to say that is a great NSV. B)

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    jenmovies wrote: »
    Ledbetter from Texas? My Librarian in elementary was named Mrs.Ledbetter. Trinity, East Texas. I wonder if you are related? Anyway, I just wanted to say that is a great NSV. B)

I grew up in Groveton. My mother is from Trinity! Small world!
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    I went in the dressing room with 2 pairs of jeans, size 9/10. Those were too big so I tried a 7/8. Those fit alright but felt a little lose and since I plan on losing about 10 more pounds, I figured I'd TRY the 5/6, just to see how tight they were. The 5/6 fit great so I bought those!
  • Iseulte
    Iseulte Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I asked for an apple with my Panera salad today instead of the bread. Man, is it hard to walk out of Panera with no bread!
  • xombiebomb
    xombiebomb Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Today I am wearing a skirt that is four sizes smaller than when I started. I have been holding my bottoms up with safety pins, and purchased this skirt and a pair of slacks. I think it is time to hit the thrift store for a few more bottoms. I am not done yet but being in a size I have not been in for a long long time makes me feel like I am walking on air.
  • FloraJL
    FloraJL Posts: 121 Member
    Options

This is one I can relate to strongly! I'm usually fatigued so I have to sit halfway through.
  • AngeBee18
    AngeBee18 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    i have been struggling to visualise how much my body has changed especially around my tummy/hips, so i got out a pair of work pants that was getting a bit snug before I started this process in July, just to see how they would fit now (its been summer, so I have been in dresses for months). I held them up in front of me and I now pretty much fit behind one leg of the pants! Granted, I am not 2-D and so its not like I'm half the size I was, and they are wide-leg pants, but I felt pretty damn good.
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    i'm on day #8 of 20 000 or more steps in a day (consecutive days). It's a big deal for me because my husband has been out of town so I haven't been able to go running (I have 2 young kids and it's been too cold to take them outside).

Also I hit 10 million lifetime steps on my Fitbit earlier this week!
  • sodakat
    sodakat Posts: 1,126 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I can once again grasp my elbows behind my back!!

8931969.png

Wait -- that's a thing? Grasp the opposite elbows from behind, both at the same time? I feel super uncoordinated now and apparently still too fat to do this, although it feels like my backbone is in the way, not my fat.

I honestly can't figure out how to grasp one.

Can you explain more?

55835802.png

• mackardi
    mackardi Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Troutsy wrote: »
    I'm officially in single digit jeans :)

I'm one size away and getting sooooo close!!! Congrats!!! I can't wait to say the same thing!!!

Most recent NSV for me- I was walking through my office and my class ring from high school (that i now wear on my thumb) slipped right off!!!! I need to get it sized!!!
  • bekahmiss
    bekahmiss Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I started on MFP near the beginning of November, and have lost 25 pounds. I went to Goodwill yesterday to look around (it's a new location) and I grabbed two dresses in a size Large. I typically wear an XL or larger, sometimes. They both fit, and I was inspired to purchase new tights and shoes, which also turned out a size smaller! I'm super pumped, I can't remember the last time I've purposely bought a Large! I still have 75 pounds to go, so I know I'll be in this size for awhile, but at this point, I don't care.
  • Christi102012
    Christi102012 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    A month ago I had to buy a new pair of suit pants for an interview because the pants I had were too big. Yesterday I went to a viewing for an old co-worker who had passed away. I had to have that pair of suit pants pinned in the back because they were loose.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!