No s*x in the Fitness Room?

Options
12346»

Replies

• kborton1122
    kborton1122 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    DopeItUp wrote: »
    90 seconds of lying on your back doesn't really qualify as a workout, sorry.

Sorry, but you are doing it wrong.
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    LisaAG5 wrote: »
    Just wear your heart rate monitor and start an app like Runtastic! Here's a calculator: http://www.sexcalculator.co.uk/

I'm starting A new app as we speak... Track my f*#%
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    DopeItUp wrote: »
    90 seconds of lying on your back doesn't really qualify as a workout, sorry.

Sorry, but you are doing it wrong.

the 90 seconds was her rest period to get ready for the next set.
  • crystalstinson7
    crystalstinson7 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    EWJLang wrote: »
    LucyAndKay wrote: »
    Lord007 wrote: »
    If this is a serious question: wear a Heart rate monitor, because your intensity may vary. Some people are just plain lazy f&#kers

For extra fun, set it so the alarm comes on when you're in the right pulse zone. :D

I don't have a heart monitor, but I'm hoping that those who have one would give it a serious test. We need to get some serious stats... At least 10 minutes and at vigorous effort :smile:

Any volunteers that can test this out?

Hey, I'm in if I can find a partner!!! It would be very interesting to see what a good romp could burn. Since I've been on MFP I've had sex, like, 3 times. (Good grief. That's just sad.) And all 3 times I took off my monitor because I was trying to be sexy. Hindsight is 20/20. Wish I had gotten by STATS. At least I would have gotten something out of it then!!!

Could be a new pickup line. "Hey, baby. You wanna? It's for SCIENCE!"

Believe it or not, I've tried this line!!! It just got me a laugh, and not a lay. I think he thought I was joking. Oh, well. His loss!! lol
  • dsimmons107
    dsimmons107 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    LucyAndKay wrote: »
    Lord007 wrote: »
    If this is a serious question: wear a Heart rate monitor, because your intensity may vary. Some people are just plain lazy f&#kers

For extra fun, set it so the alarm comes on when you're in the right pulse zone. :D

I don't have a heart monitor, but I'm hoping that those who have one would give it a serious test. We need to get some serious stats... At least 10 minutes and at vigorous effort :smile:

Any volunteers that can test this out?

Hey, I'm in if I can find a partner!!! It would be very interesting to see what a good romp could burn. Since I've been on MFP I've had sex, like, 3 times. (Good grief. That's just sad.) And all 3 times I took off my monitor because I was trying to be sexy. Hindsight is 20/20. Wish I had gotten by STATS. At least I would have gotten something out of it then!!!

Don't think you will have a problem finding a partner!
  • FloraJL
    FloraJL Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    And here is the actual, scientific answer!
    http://www.lehmiller.com/blog/2015/1/23/sex-question-friday-how-many-calories-do-you-burn-during-sex

TL;DR: There are a lot variables, but ultimately it doesn't burn a lot.
  • snarlingcoyote
    snarlingcoyote Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    EWJLang wrote: »
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    It doesn't burn as much as people think. But benefits are still great.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

It all depends on what you get up to. Throw in some pro moves and/or apparatus and I bet you could get your calorie burn up a bit.

Also, this thread title reminded me of a friend of mine in college who worked in one of the campus weight rooms (so she had a key). She used the facility after hours for a few assignations, said the incline benches really made things interesting....
    That's actually where my mind went. . .I was.thinking, well, as long as it's at home or you lock the door to the room and clean up afterwards. . .
  • Azathera
    Azathera Posts: 48 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I say to hell with their studies. We should take matters into our own hands and do our own MFP research :smiley:

I bet this community will burn more calories that some lazy college students who volunteered to have sex for $20 as part of a study.

Same as with any workout... Some people really work for it and others drag their feet :smile:

So, again, those with heart monitors ... Get sexy :smile: and give us some real answers here.
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    Excuse me baby while I strap this on...
  • dougpconnell219
    dougpconnell219 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    grimmeanor wrote: »

Don't forget to strap on a heart monitor too. ;)
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    grimmeanor wrote: »

Don't forget to strap on a heart monitor too. ;)

Adding toys, kinky. XD

I put it down as mild cardio. I'm out of shape so it doesn't take much to get my HR up, and considering out average is 30 minutes, putting half that as cardio seems appropriate.
  • megganjeninngs69
    megganjeninngs69 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Omg !!i had to look up gizz ,that means gizzards jeezus! Lmao :p
  • 19juanita72
    19juanita72 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    No Spotter? No Problem!!
    th_unnamed_zps522f93fb.png

I couldn't stop laughing at this. LMAO
  • crystalstinson7
    Options
    Hey, people log cleaning house as a workout so why not this?? I don't generally work up a sweat cleaning house, but when I ... well, perform bedroom aerobics, yeah, there's some sweating going on! ;)
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    Hey, people log cleaning house as a workout so why not this?? I don't generally work up a sweat cleaning house, but when I ... well, perform bedroom aerobics, yeah, there's some sweating going on! ;)

I would hope so.

• MisterZ33
    MisterZ33 Posts: 567 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I just want to know how many friends Crystal has made the past 10 days or so...
  • crystalstinson7
    Options
    LOL None. Seriously.
  • MisterZ33
    MisterZ33 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    yikes (pulling on my collar)
  • yopeeps025
    Options
    LOL None. Seriously.

Sounds like you might get one from someone for that comment.