May 1st= 30 day shred! any one?

Options

Replies

• jlprovost
    jlprovost Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I also just started today. I thought she was pretty tough but can't wait to see the results I have after 30 days.

my measurements:

weight - 138.4
    waist - 31"
    hips - 36"
    arms - 11 1/2"
    thighs - 22"
  • Nottm1984
    Nottm1984 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Anybody else feel like their ankle is on a broken hinge? I think it was the jumping jacks. Going to continue on, but OUCH!

Yes! Me too! Its the left one for me, the outer side running up my leg, feels bruised or something. It's not liking the jumping jacks/skipping rope thing that's for sure!
  • Nottm1984
    Nottm1984 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Day Four today, still can't make it through the first set of cardio without pausing the DVD for 10seconds, then carrying on. Frustrating, hope I can do better soon!
  • DebRives
    DebRives Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Just finished Day 3 of level 1. HRM says I burn about 315 to 356 depending on how hard I push through the cardio. I don't do Jillian's jumping jacks/butt kicks and such. I have 46 year old knees and no matter what she says, not everyone can safely do a jumping jack. For cardio I use some HIIT routines from Turbo Fire instead. I get a much higher calorie burn from that.
  • light_shimmer
    light_shimmer Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    2nd day done last night, wasn't nearly as horrifying as the 1st day. My ankle feels a lot less broken too (ha). I feel good today. No weight loo ( obviously, it's only been two days) abd this may be only in my head, but it feels like some of the floppy bits are less...floppy.
  • sdirbder
    sdirbder Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I did Day two yesterday and this morning washing my hair was definatly a struggle. Tonight I am doing straight cardio for a little break. Day 3 on Friday
  • jlprovost
    jlprovost Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Level 1 day 2 today. Ouch. I had to literally push through the pain. Day 3 tomorrow.
  • lindajay3
    lindajay3 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Just finished Day 3 of level 1. HRM says I burn about 315 to 356 depending on how hard I push through the cardio. I don't do Jillian's jumping jacks/butt kicks and such. I have 46 year old knees and no matter what she says, not everyone can safely do a jumping jack. For cardio I use some HIIT routines from Turbo Fire instead. I get a much higher calorie burn from that.
    Day 2 done -
    Great idea to substitute something else for Jillian's cardio - I only burned 178 the first day I did it (forgot my HRM today) but worked harder today. I might throw in some plyo during the cardio and see if that helps with the burn. Definitely feeling the strengh work, though.
  • fmktjod
    fmktjod Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Finished day 3 of level 1. I can get through the whole 20 minutes w/o stopping. I find the push ups to be the hardest part. Felt a little twingee in my left shoulder after day 2 but took some ibuprofen, rubbed it down w/ Tramuel and iced it so I think I mitigated any damage. After todays push ups and shoulder work, I didn't feel so much discomfort in my shoulder. My ankles are pretty strong so they are not bothering me, but my left knee feels a bit strained, not enough to stop, but just something to be mindful of - don't want any injury.

Used my HRM and am burning around 360 or so...so much less than the days I'm on th PreCore Eliptical but since I'm doing Pilates on the same days as the 30DB I figure I'm close to the same total at the end of the day.

Weigh in day is Friday AM for me, so we'll see how this first week measures up on the scale.
  • light_shimmer
    light_shimmer Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Day 3 workout done at 11:30 last night..... I almost skipped :blushing: but nope. Guilt dragged my butt in front of the TV, and I feel great this morning! Feels like it's getting a little easier to make it through the workout. And Jumping Jack hell doesn't feel so much like a pit of fire anymore lol.
  • bluespring
    bluespring Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Happy to see you guys!
    I also started on Monday...so Day 5 for me today.
    It's a great program...and I am really enjoying it.
    Floor work is a little hard for me...(I'm not a kid any more)..but I'm trying. My push ups are pathetic....but I'll get there too...haha.

For those struggling with jumping jacks, jump rope etc....you may want to consider getting a rebounder (mini trampoline)...I can't do any kind of jumping around on the floor either...but it's no problem on my rebounder. There is no stress or pain at all...and it's actually quite enjoyable.
    I'm also jogging 3-5 miles a day...but I need more...This workout is a good fit.
    Good luck, everyone!
    :bigsmile:
  • DebRives
    DebRives Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Day 3 workout done at 11:30 last night..... I almost skipped :blushing: but nope. Guilt dragged my butt in front of the TV, and I feel great this morning! Feels like it's getting a little easier to make it through the workout. And Jumping Jack hell doesn't feel so much like a pit of fire anymore lol.

You go Girl!
  • katemarjoram
    katemarjoram Posts: 203
    Options
    I started Monday 2nd so today will be day 6 for me. My starting stats were;

Height - 163cm (5'4")
    Weight - 55.7kg (122.5lbs)
    Right arm - 28cm (11.2 inches)
    Left arm - 28cm (11.2 inches)
    Chest - 87.5cm (35 inches)
    Waist - 70.5cm (28.2 inches)
    Hips - 97cm (38.8 inches)
    Right thigh - 55cm (22.0 inches)
    Left thigh - 55cm (22.0 inches)

I'm going to try and include a bit of extra cardio (walking/exercise bike/elliptical) at least every second day. I don't really have weight left to lose but am looking to gain strength and cardio capacity.
  • katemarjoram
    Options
    Day 6 level 1 completed without any breaks and I managed both sets of push ups off my toes (21 in first set and 15 in second set) burning 199 calories.
  • maccabeth
    maccabeth Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Day 5 will be later today. I did an early morning group run, then promptly came home and fell asleep on the couch. (Oops!) I love the flexibility of being able to do the DVD whenever. I still can't do proper push ups (I lean against a table and do them at a 45 degree angle). And they are still the hardest part. I'm glad they're in the first circuit!

Does anyone find themselves saying Jillian's lines along with her now? I tend to listen to what she is saying even though I have heard it! It helps distract from the pain. ;)
  • katemarjoram
    Options
    I just did day 7 but I think I'm suffering a bit of a virus so was only able to do it at about 80% intensity (but hey at least I did it).

I had my BF take a measurement because I was dying to know if I was making any progress and with 7 days of shred and 3 x 30 minute session on the exercise bike and cross trainer (15 mins on each) I've lost 1.5cm or 0.6inch off each thigh this week. Whoop whoop!!!!
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I started last Thursday, May 5th. Did three days in a row but had to skip yesterday due to sore throat and coughing. Hope to get back on track today. Is anyone doing something in addition to the 30 day shred workout? like walking, running, etc......?????

4433730.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • sdirbder
    sdirbder Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I finished Day 5 yesterday, I can definatly tell a difference in my endurance. I havent seen any change on the scale.
  • katemarjoram
    Options
    Day 9 done. My thighs and hips are feeling a bit firmer to the touch. Looking forward to starting Level 2 on Thursday.

I am doing a bit of extra cardio (walking, stationary bike an/dor elliptical 3 or 4 times per week.
  • fmktjod
    fmktjod Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Week 2 - Level 2. Alternating PreCore Elipitcal M, W, F with 30DS & 60 minutes of Pilates Tu, Th, S this week.

Today completed 30DS level 2. It was definitely more difficult than level 1. I found the hardest part to be the plank ab work and the plank jacks. Had to stop during each for 5 seconds to catch my breath. Still burned 331 per my HRM.

My plan is to keep up with the alternating between 30DS + Pilates / PreCore Elipitcal upping the 30DS 1 level each week and for the final week, Tu 30DS 1 & 2, Th 30DS 1 & 3, Sat 30DS 2 & 3. This gives me a day of straight high burn cardio in between the strength training/circuit. My daily recovery is including a protein shake which seems to help with the muscle soreness.