Petite girls around 5ft0 weight/size clothes?

Options

Replies

• vchan000
    vchan000 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    5'0 here, and when I started I weighed in at 250lbs (113.4kg)

Shirt size was a 2XL (22-24 I think)
    Pants size ranged anywhere from a 20 to 24.

I'm down about 40lbs (18kg) and currently swimming in my clothes, but I don't want to do a major wardrobe shop for another 10lbs or so. Currently surviving with belts for the pants and brooches/scarves for the shirt V-necks. Hoping to drop a couple sizes each on the shop, but we'll see. When there's a lot to lose, it comes off... weird.
  • OhReally42
    OhReally42 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11.75", my heaviest and most recent weight is 211. My current pant size is US 13 and my goal is back to 125, or 115 if I'm lucky, although I do want to gain more muscle mass as well so I'm okay with that number being higher if that happens. When I was originally 125 pounds about 7 years ago I was wearing size 3-5 which is what I hope to get back too. I agree that even though my BMI suggests as low as 95, anything below 115 is way too low for me!
  • Ooci
    Ooci Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    It's so interesting reading these replies - we might all be a similar height but such a variety of shapes and sizes! And wouldn't it all be dull if we were the same!!
    I'm 5.0 and have been all sizes from only kids' clothes fitting at around 7st (100 lb ) to UK 18 at 12 St 7 (176 lb). 176 lb made me extremely ill and so I've slimmed down to 133 ( 9 St 6) over the last 14 months. As a previous poster commented it does still feel quite significantly overweight, especially the waist measurement at 34 inches.
    I'm unsure of my goal. At 42, it's hard to know what's realistic and would look nice.
    The current profile pic shows me age 22 and 103 lbs with a 23 inch waist.
  • callmejessica
    callmejessica Posts: 1,868 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1" and weigh around 110 now, which is ok. My heaviest was 119, and I really hated that, and my lightest was 103, which was also not too great. I know there are those with bigger struggles than what I have, but I found that as soon as I stopped looking at the scale and started looking for muscle definition I accepted my body a lot more! Now it's just become a challenge to get stronger rather than trying to put myself in some weight category. I'm used to wearing size smalls or even extra smalls and size 0 pants, but nowadays I can wear mediums and smalls and up to size 3 pants! Even though these are bigger sizes, I like my body a lot more than when I was the super small sizes.
  • anachronicles
    anachronicles Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 ish and as of this morning I was 100.4 lbs. I'm currently trying to bulk up at the gym though and put on some muscle. I wear size 2-4 in shirts and 0 in pants
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    I'm just here cruising and checking out the chicks
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I am about 5'1. At my heaviest and close to a year after my first child I was 181. I think then I was at a size 13/14. About a year and a half after my second child I started this journey to lose weight and I was about 180 and had some size 15 clothes. That was about a year and a half ago and now I am 128 (still working off a couple holiday lbs gained) and depending on the clothes can fit into sizes 4-7 although the 7s are getting a little loose now. My weight is pretty well distributed all over. My goal right now is 120 but may go down to 115 if I feel like I need to lose more. I thought a size 4 would be at my goal but now I am not sure. Guess it depends where the weight comes off.
  • shortiequinn
    shortiequinn Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm about 4'1". Starting weight 123. I'm down to 113 currently. I've been wearing size 2 but I have a few pairs in size 0. Tend to go for xsmall in tops. Shopping is pretty difficult. Petites fit much better but selection is limited. Dresses are the worst... Always too long and never hit correct at the waist.
    I'm going to treat myself to a shopping trip when I hit 110. Any suggests wear to shop?
  • sarahjanec1976
    sarahjanec1976 Posts: 1
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and wear a UK size 12.
  • dawniemate
    dawniemate Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 5ft nothing! I'm 47 and my heaviest was 11 stone 7...I'm now 10 stone 6 and losing at a steady rate of 1lb per week. My target is 9 stone ...I've got a lot of work to get to that! ! I'm big boobed and they never reduce whatever I loose!
  • _Tzefira_
    _Tzefira_ Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    5 foot zero. Started at 157 lbs and US size 16, now 130 pounds and US size 8. Goal of 115-120 lbs.

I'm very pear shaped so shopping for pants tends to be a chore -- anyone with my hips should apparently be about 5'6"!
  • katkins73
    katkins73 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft1 and at my heaviest weight of 173lbs I was a 16 which I mainly needed for the hips and could probably go for a 14 top. At the moment I am 158lbs and my size 16 jeans drag on the floor but the 14s give a very slight muffin top. I always have huge boobs but have gone from a 32GG to a 30GG and hope I shrink a bit more there but having had boobs that literally seemed to frow over night as a young teenager I know they will always be big. My hips are a huge problem area for me, they are 43" right now and I would be happy to have them get to 40"! My ulimate goal weight is around 119lbs but I am saying 123lbs for now because that will be 50lbs off!
  • 4onthelake
    4onthelake Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    So glad for this post. I am 5'0 ft and weigh 119 currently and trying to get down to 108 simply by treadmill , fitbit, portion control. I just want to feel better and look better in clothes. My highest weight was when I was pregnant with my twins at 170 lbs....I looked like and felt like a beachball. It's good to know that I am not alone in this height and weight struggle.
  • kellysdavies
    kellysdavies Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Good grief. I'm 5ft 1.3 and weigh 9st 4lb this morning. And UK size 10 bottom and probably more like 8 on top.I can't imagine being 7 stone even at my height. I'd look like a child ? My goal is 8.12lb and been struggling to get there for months. My weight gets stuck here!
    Some of you are or want to be SO light. Even for a shortie I don't think 7stone is a nice look or even that healthy? I think I look pretty slim now (just need to flatten the stomach and tone the arms). Amazes me how little you all want to weigh!
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I'm 5'1 1/2" (the all important half!) and was 240 and a size 22 at my all-time high. I lost 30 pounds before starting on MFP. When I started on MFP, I was 210 and wore a size 18. I've lost 21 pounds since then and now my 16's are getting too loose on me, so I might be shopping for 14's soon. They should fit me for a while. I'm shooting for 120-125, and I have no idea what size that will be. I can't remember what size I wore at that weight, it's been so long. I'm 52 and weighed around 127 when I got married 24 years ago. I remember weighing 130 in grade school. I'm hoping to weigh less than that.

*My D key is sticking. Please forgive an instances of "an" instea of "and".
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    I'm just under 5 feet. At my heaviest, which was about 5 years ago, I was 190 pounds. I used to squeeze myself into a US size 16. Now I hover between 105-110 and wear a US size 0.
  • thecharizardtamer
    thecharizardtamer Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Chiming in here, 5'0" 161 lbs. Gained 60 pounds since my wedding 25 years ago. So I gained 2.4lbs each year and if I had just eaten 23 calories less or exercised 23 calories worth each day I would be able to fit in my wedding dress. It's amazing what a small change can do over time. My clothes consist mostly of spandex so not sure what size usually L.
  • nuimproved
    nuimproved Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Just found this thread and thought I'd say hi! I'm 5'0' and hoping to get down to 120 something, hovering around 160 now. I've always been heavier and very top heavy, even when I managed to get down to 128 a few years ago so I don't think I will ever see much less than 120 or so. Being surrounded by taller people it seems others have a hard time getting that I just can't eat the same way as them! Trying to find that balance.
  • courtney965
    courtney965 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft2 and weigh 9 stone 12 I so desperately want to get to 9 stone because my height makes me look fat
  • Kenda2427
    Kenda2427 Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    I am 4'11" and will be 50 this summer, I'm currently at 108. My highest weight was 144 (years ago) and lowest was 104 which was looking a little gaunt. This time however as I lose I am working out more and I am not getting the "you look sick" comments, so it's obviously helping a lot. My range will likely be 105-109, I want to be on the low end when I go to Mexico next month.
    Shopping for clothes is very difficult, legs too long, sleeves too long, tops too long, nothing hits where it should. I am going to start wearing more kids sizes. It's so annoying that many stores have stopped carrying their petite lines. I was told at Winners when I asked why they took the petite section out that plus size was far more popular, sad commentary on our society.
    Glad all the other shorties have the same issues. Does anyone have a favorite store? I like Cleo's as they have a petite line. The tops fit nicely but the pants are too big for me and Reitmans's ultra petite are good. This is in Canada.