Success Stories:) (ZUMBA)

Options

Replies

• jagh09
    jagh09 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    2 years ago, I was doing Zumba 3 nights per week (in addition to following healthy eating, etc.) and mixing in morning walks, etc. I noticed a big change in my waistline at the time. It was a fun class (I just laughed a lot and kept on moving, even when I couldn't get the dance moves right). But I felt great doing it and really noticed a difference. You can make it as high-impact or low-impact as you feel comfortable with, and it's a great way to get your energy up. Go for it!!
  • bmh295
    bmh295 Posts: 1
    Options
    I love zumba. I started with 1 class a week and couldn't keep up with it. I have lost weight, but honestly can't tell you if it's just zumba, but I have a monitor watch and I can tell you that from all my workouts zumba is the one that I burn more calories. I now do it 2x a week but it's really hard to fit in my schedule. I love it. I know someone that does it 3x a week and she lost 12 pounds in 3 months.
  • delita259
    delita259 Posts: 15
    Options
    ive lost three lbs doing zumba 5days a week for 35-40 mins /day for two weeks, so i'd say its a keeper!
    I do the videos with a group of friends at school, i live toooo far from a zumba class. but its something we all look forward too, and those who have been doin it longer are dropping wieght right before my eyes...talk about encouragement!!

we are going to try Jillian;s yoga...and begin doing wall excersises, but Zumba will be our main!..I LOVE ZUMBA!!
  • delita259
    delita259 Posts: 15
    Options
    I have asked for Zumba for my Wii for Mothers Day. But my question is "Being overweight is it going to be too hard for me to do??"
    Please help!

im 275...and a big girl, with all the big girl issues, knees hurt, back aches, boobs hit ma face when i jump, and i loooooveee Zumba, there are some steps i cant do, so i find a happy medium, that keeps me movign while they do that step, once you dont stop moving, dont be afraid to look stupid, do it with friends, who are just as uncoordinated as you..(thats what i did) :embarassed:
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    My picture in my signature. The 2nd to the 3rd picture Zumba was my main program along with the treadmill. In the month of Feburary I lost 4" in my waist and 8.4lbs.

I was doing Zumba on the Xbox Kinect 6 days a week and took Zumba class 2 nights a week.
  • mariahruby
    mariahruby Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    My picture in my signature. The 2nd to the 3rd picture Zumba was my main program along with the treadmill. In the month of Feburary I lost 4" in my waist and 8.4lbs.

I was doing Zumba on the Xbox Kinect 6 days a week and took Zumba class 2 nights a week.

you look awesome girl!

i love pictures. :) they inspire me so much!
  • caysea
    caysea Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I started doing Zumba in February and consistantly go 3-4 times a week. It is my main aerobic burn and I average 500-600 calories per class. As of today, I have lost 31 pounds in 4 months! I love it because with MFP and Zumba, I don't feel like I'm "dieting" or "exercising". Keep it up and if you stay on track with MFP and Zumba, the pounds will melt away! Good luck!
  • mannagayle
    mannagayle Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    That is so awesome! I love your pics! Keep it up girl!!
  • mannagayle
    mannagayle Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I've been using Zumba as my primary form of exercise since January. I go to classes 3-4 times a week and then do lifting and other light cardio other days. Since January 3rd I've lost 35 lbs and 4 pants sizes! I am a completely uncoordinated person and at first almost gave up because it was so hard. I'm happy I stuck with it because it's a really fun work-out! I generally burn 600 calories from an hour-long class and I give it my all most of the time. I'm still not at a real "after" picture but the first two are me at my highest weight and then the black t-shirt pic was taken 2 weeks ago and the last picture was taken on Monday! I highly recommend Zumba to anybody who asks!!!!

before.jpg

yuck.jpg

newdress.jpg

blackshirt.jpg

On a side note though the instructor of the class you go to makes a HUGE difference. I've been to classes where I left halfway through because I wasn't even breaking a sweat but the classes I regularly go to I'm dripping within the first 5 mins!

That is so awesome! I love your pics! Keep it up girl!!
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I do zumba only once a week, I can't say my success comes from just doing zumba, but it's definitely the most fun day out of my week! :D
  • Triathlynne
    Triathlynne Posts: 99
    Options
    Zumba addict here. I obtained a 20 class groupon last November and never used it for fear of making a complete *kitten* of myself. When I went to visit family in the UK my Sister in law and niece took me to one of their classes and I immediately became HOOKED! Right after I came back to the US I went to the groupon class and I have been going ever since. I've only done 5 though due to a constricted time schedule but I can notice a difference in places like my waist, legs and hips...even though the scale hasn't quite caught up I'm betting it will in no time. There are 2 gals (one is now an instructor) and between them they've lost 65lbs. It's really motivating and it's just so much fun! I'm getting quite good at keeping up now and recently bought some new bright funky tops to wear as they have a "Club night" ( disco lights etc..)

I totally recommend it too. I get giddy and hyper even talking about it. hehehe
  • patty9013
    patty9013 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I have asked for Zumba for my Wii for Mothers Day. But my question is "Being overweight is it going to be too hard for me to do??"
    Please help!
    Thanks for answering. I was worried about my knee too! Now I just hope my family gets if for me. I told them that or a bodybugg...haha
    im 275...and a big girl, with all the big girl issues, knees hurt, back aches, boobs hit ma face when i jump, and i loooooveee Zumba, there are some steps i cant do, so i find a happy medium, that keeps me movign while they do that step, once you dont stop moving, dont be afraid to look stupid, do it with friends, who are just as uncoordinated as you..(thats what i did) :embarassed:
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I love zumba. I only started four weeks ago but it's becoming my favourite exercise. Is it just me or does the time just fly by? My boyfriend said to me god your whole body shape is changing,I can't see it yet. Funny thing is I said the same thing to him yet he can't see it himself. I am more fitter for sure. Edit to say I shattered my knee cap 3 years ago,was in cast for 12 weeks and zumba hasn't affected it in anyway. Only bit of advice-seriously good sports bra needed if your big chested.
  • Triathlynne
    Triathlynne Posts: 99
    Options
    I love zumba. I only started four weeks ago but it's becoming my favourite exercise. Is it just me or does the time just fly by? My boyfriend said to me god your whole body shape is changing,I can't see it yet. Funny thing is I said the same thing to him yet he can't see it himself. I am more fitter for sure. Edit to say I shattered my knee cap 3 years ago,was in cast for 12 weeks and zumba hasn't affected it in anyway. Only bit of advice-seriously good sports bra needed if your big chested.

An hour isn't enough for me. 90 minutes would be perfect.
  • mariahruby
    mariahruby Posts: 130 Member
    Options

seriously i wish it was sooo much longer. i never feel like its only been an hour
  • julwills
    julwills Posts: 286 Member
    Options

seriously i wish it was sooo much longer. i never feel like its only been an hour

agreed!! a 90 min zumba class would be awesome!!
  • lajuice24
    lajuice24 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Zumba addict here!!! I love it! I started in January and have lost 26 pounds. I have also lost 5 inches from my waist and another 3 from my hips. I go three times a week at the gym i belong to! It is so much fun and workout is great! I am sometimes the heaviest girl in there but that does not stop me! Big girl or not I can dance and Zumba was perfect for me! :wink: I suggest giving it a try, you will love it!:happy:
  • murelzgirl
    murelzgirl Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried Zumba yet, but it looks like so much fun!
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options

Some girls do 2 zumba classes one after another in mine
  • CKMama81
    CKMama81 Posts: 50
    Options
    I've got a post with before/after pictures of me losing 50lbs...I mainly use ZUMBA for the Wii. However, I had previously lost 30lbs prior to beginning ZUMBA. So, with ZUMBA and walking I managed to lose another 20lbs :) I looooooooove it! But, it's a program you really have to get into and you can't "half heart" it. Ya know?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!