Petite girls around 5ft0 weight/size clothes?

Options
124»

Replies

• rachylouise87
    rachylouise87 Posts: 367 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    i am 5ft 1 i always thought i was 5ft but i was measured when i was pregnant a year ago and apparently i grew LOL! i ballooned up to 13.5 stone when pregnant with my youngest but have managed to lose 47lbs since november 2013. i remember being in school and my weight being around 9.5 stone and i was a little chubby but a size 10-12 i would say. i then had the contraceptive injection when i was 17 and ballooned to a uk size 18. since then my weight has been causing problems. i am now at my lowest i have been since 18 so its slowly going down. i will mention it is really difficult like i feel i have to work extra hard and practically force myself into eating 1200 religiously or i gain right back. i ideally want to be 8.5 stone really and i feel that is a good weight for me.

i am now 149lbs and a uk size 14 ... i could not even try to squeeze into a 12.. body shape certainly plays a part. i have wide hips big bottom and big boobs all the things which make clothes cling
  • Ooci
    Ooci Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Good grief. I'm 5ft 1.3 and weigh 9st 4lb this morning. And UK size 10 bottom and probably more like 8 on top.I can't imagine being 7 stone even at my height. I'd look like a child ? My goal is 8.12lb and been struggling to get there for months. My weight gets stuck here!
    Some of you are or want to be SO light. Even for a shortie I don't think 7stone is a nice look or even that healthy? I think I look pretty slim now (just need to flatten the stomach and tone the arms). Amazes me how little you all want to weigh!

It's ever so dependent on muscle tone though! I'm 7 stone in the pic in my profile and no one ever said I looked emaciated - I didn't. I'm just really tiny - (my frame is around 32, 23, 32,) and I had no muscle tone whatsoever in my early 20s. Now I'm 42 I really can't imagine being that light - perhaps I will be, again, when I'm 80 and muscles have wasted. But I spent the last 10 years building strength and I don't want to lose it! 8.12 sounds good to me too! Last time I was 8.12 it looked great!
  • tinallen863
    tinallen863 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1/2" and I weigh around 116lbs at the moment. I used to weigh 128lbs before I started. I feel most confident with my body when I weigh somewhere between 110 and 106. Then again, I'm weight training at the moment, so the 'extra' pounds I have on me now could well be mostly muscle. Without any muscle whatsoever, I'd say I feel sexiest when I break through the 110 wall. Otherwise, I usually go with whether I like what I see in the mirror :)
    Me exactly only I'm 52 years old.
  • rosebette
    rosebette Posts: 1,659 Member
    Options
    claram5415 wrote: »
    I weight 126 pounds but I work out a lot and I look quite fit and muscular. Also I'm married and 56 years old so don't feel I need to be a skinny minny. (I'm also well endowed and curvy) I wear a size 8 or 10 pants size US.
    Looking to lose about 4+ pounds but really working on eating more veggies, and decreasing my percentage of body fat.
    We must be weight twins. I'm also 56, 5'1.5" and now around 123. My highest weight was also 140, about 6 years ago after a foot injury. My goal is around 115. I haven't seen below 105 since I got out of college, and I was pretty thin and weak then. I'm a lot stronger and more muscular. Sizes are so brand-dependent. I can wear as small as a 4 or 6 in GAP or Ann Taylor, but an 8 in most other brands, and usually small to medium top. I have to wear a medium top in Talbots and even a large in some very fitted tops in junior brands because I have big shoulders and a large chest (not "busty", just kind of broad there).
  • Pickles175
    Pickles175 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 feet exactly and 42 years old. SW was about 174 and CW about 145. Starting dress size was size 16 and XL and now I am size 10 and size Medium. I have big boobs and small hips so getting clothes to fit proportionally is a pain! I have put in a goal weight of 122 but as I am concentrating on strength training, scale number isn't that important to me. I ideally would like to be a size 6...hopefully by the summer. :D
  • Chuchi62416
    Chuchi62416 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and currently weight 168. I'm trying to go down to 130 and I think that would be a good weight for me
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    5 feet, 102ish pounds. I am probably a US 4 or 6.

Alloutof_bubblegum - your thighs are gorgeous! I started strength training about a month ago and would love it if my thighs looked half as nice as yours :)
  • mrihel6615
    mrihel6615 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Y'all are making me feel like my goal is too heavy! D: haha I am 4'10 and my highest (last January) I was 142 and had just crossed the "obese line" for BMI. I was probably a size 8/10 in pants, and I was an 8/10 in dresses as well.
    Now I am 122 and just verging on a healthy weight and in a US size 4 pants. But I can range from a size 2 to a size 6 depending on the maker. I wear a small shirt usually, unless it is tight around my chest (32DD, so I gotta make room for those parts!) I wear a size small/4 in dresses as well.
    My lowest weight was 92 pounds, and I was pretty much stick shaped. Straight out of 6 years of gymnastics, no chest to speak of, and no hips. Now I'm pretty much the opposite. My entire family carries in the hip department. So I'm not sure i'll ever get back down anywhere near my old weight. My goal for now is 110-115.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Kenda2427 wrote: »
    I was told at Winners when I asked why they took the petite section out that plus size was far more popular, sad commentary on our society.
    Glad all the other shorties have the same issues. Does anyone have a favorite store? I like Cleo's as they have a petite line. The tops fit nicely but the pants are too big for me and Reitmans's ultra petite are good. This is in Canada.

Yeah, I was really pissed off when Winners got rid of their petites section, too. It took some patience but I used to be able to pick up some good finds there.

Honestly, I'm on the verge of giving up on finding anything decent in petites wear here. Banana Republic is the last remaining option, and they keep getting cheaper in quality every season. Reitmans, Cleo, Laura, etc. I find they cater to an older target audience and I have a hard time finding anything remotely fashionable and chic. And that's pretty much it, isn't it?

I think pretty much the only option is to plan a shopping trip to the US a couple of times a year, and shop there. It's extremely frustrating.
  • lsgibbs83
    lsgibbs83 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I am 5' .5". At my heaviest I was 199lbs and wore size 16. I am now down to 133 and wear size 10 jeans but in dress clothes I am a size 8. For clothing sized S, M, L, I am now easily a medium. I am looking to get down to 120 so I am thinking I will end up in a size 8 in jeans.
  • carosmiffy
    carosmiffy Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1''. At my highest weight I was 190. I've been at 150 for a few years now, and am getting back on track to lose more weight. My goal is 130 pounds, and then I'll assess from there if I think I should lose more..

I'd love to have some friends to motivate me and for me to help motivate! Feel free to add me!!
  • zaxx1953
    zaxx1953 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    As someone who is 182/183cm(6 ft) and like 110-120KGs 240s/260s) in my healthy range I can relate to not being able to wear what I fancy.

I would wear like vintage denim and old tight classic rock tour T's with tasteful accessories if I was 6"3 190lbs, but when you're this thick even when you're in shape you can't really wear that stuff and look like Ashton Kutcher or whoever.
  • Uleex
    Uleex Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    5'1" here, highest weight has been 128lbs, lowest around 98lbs.
    I mainly use MFP for maintenance every now and then. I'm currently at 110lbs, but would love to go back down to 104-105lbs. Unfortunately, I have to restrict myself to 1100-1200 kcal/day to even lose a little bit of weight, and I'm not much of an exercise person, so not sure that will happen, but I'll give it another go.
    Glad to see there are other shorties out there feeling the same way.
  • everythingsweet
    everythingsweet Posts: 9 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I am five feet tall! Right now I'm comfortable with my body at about 96. I actually just recovered from my eating disorder which had me at 85, and I did not look good. My highest was 123, and that also felt very uncomfortable and didn't work well with my fat distribution. My recommended range in treatment was 97-107 pounds.