Do you really think the desire for JUNK ever goes away?

Options
13»

Replies

• mommiedawn
    mommiedawn Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm not sure if this has been mentioned as I did not read every post.....but perhaps focusing on carbs in your diet would benefit you. I had to work pretty hard to get myself weaned of having carbohydrates as my main source of fuel. It's all about balance of course but some people just react to carbs differently than other people, both in the immediate responses and in the way your body deal with fat production/storage. Your struggle with 'junk' may mean you have some carb addiction issues like I did?? Just a thought!!!

Oh by the way, I'm one of those who thinks the cravings do lessen. And I really don't even want junk when it is offered anymore. I do let myself have some 'junk' but I count or weigh and then I feel pretty good about incorporating something that used to be a no no into my plan without ruining it!
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    It's decreased for me. I just have to be careful and not have any in the house as I will eat it.
  • pizzygirltx
    pizzygirltx Posts: 96
    Options
    I love my junk food too. I still eat some of it but definitely in moderation. What I am finding is that some of the junk food that I used to love just makes me fell ill when I eat it.

I am the same way. I crave junk but then I'll eat it and feel sick afterwards.
  • kennysrush
    kennysrush Posts: 124
    Options
    I was a junk food-a-holic myself and after 5-6 weeks the cravings are gone and the will power is strong. I just select one sweet that has some redeeming quality... Lucky Charms. But due to sugars, only partake 2-3 mornings/week.

I have no problems passing on chips, candy, soda, etc.
  • NewMeTomG
    NewMeTomG Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Never been a junk food junkie, but when I do occasionally indulge, I enjoy it for what it was, put it behind me and go on.

If I deny myself, I just end up wanting it more. Best to give in on occasion (and by that I men have some ice cream once a month, or pizza on a Friday).

Outside of some really nasty processed foods, I don't think there is anything wrong with just about anything you can eat - as long as it is in moderation.

My 2C
    Tom
  • jnoegrah
    jnoegrah Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    not for me, i just keep it out of my house..

I miss junk food.
  • AngieMMc
    AngieMMc Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I started really gettng serious back in January too and whle I still somewhat "crave" the junk food, candy, unhealthy treats, the few times I have indulged myself, it made me sick at my stomach. It also made me feel run down and lethargic. I don't like the way it makes me feel so while i still sometimes crave the taste, feeling "hungry" feels better to me than having a stomach ache or being so full of jumk I can hardly breath. Unfortunately for me, I have a hard time with the word "moderation" so I really just have to leave it alone all together. The cravings are getting fewer and fewer though and I've noticed that I crave fish and chicken more than I crave beef now which is a BIG step for me. So here's hoping that continues.
  • trishobr
    trishobr Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    A couple of weeks ago or so, I started eating icecream again after 2 months of going without. I could not believe how little self control I had. I literally ate FIVE banana splits in 2 weeks! So, as of yesterday, no more ice cream...not even "diet" ice cream. So, for me, the desire for junk always seems to be lurking... :embarassed:
  • gcineas
    gcineas Posts: 121
    Options
    even though I crave bad food once in a while I get sick when I do eat it! I ate a slice of pizza because I though it would be a treat and now I have the worst headache in the world. Makes me double think eating junk again.

But it will get better I promise you! In the end you owe it to yourself to eat better!

YOU CAN DO IT!!!
  • stefraab
    stefraab Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I think it does... I think if you wait long enough those things actually stop tasting as delicious. My body gets accustomed to not eating them.

I used to be ADDICTED to cans of coke (just cans). I went long enough without having one and now I cannot stand the taste. I used to loooooooooooooove coke. I would have 4 or 5 cans a day and I savoured every drop. Now I have zero desire for a coke, and if I ever have a sip it's really distasteful.
  • rachrach66
    rachrach66 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I use Eat This Not That to help me make the best choices when I must have Junk Foods. I do find it tempting from time to time to go back to my not so healthy eating habits. I junk remember all the hard work I've made and what I'm trying to accomplice. The cravings due get easier over time.
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I have noticed that when I have too much of a bad thing, I feel sick afterwards. I cheat pretty much everyday but try to get low fat and healthier bad things to cheat with. By having a little when i want it, it stops me from over indulging. I don't track sugar for this very reason. OVer every day!!!!