Shakes/Smoothie Recipies

Options
2»

Replies

• happylittlemoose
    Options
    This is the easiest smoothie I have ever made.
    Ingredients:
    2 cups banana, chopped
    5 tablespoons Milo powder
    1 cup of ice
    1 cup milk

This is a good energy booster and a great refreshing drink especially hot climates.
  • bhbeisly
    Options
    I recently made a smoothie with just frozen mixed fruit, coconut milk and spinach. My kids and husband even loved it!
  • 1motorpsycho
    1motorpsycho Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    These are great! I use the Costco fruit explosion base and mix with 2% milk (cup), 1 banana and sometimes substitute probiotic yogurt for some milk. Simple and I always have ingredients. Dying to try the others. Thanks.
  • hilaria81
    hilaria81 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    My favorite is a banana, a cup of unsweetened original almond milk, a carton of yogurt (usually vanilla - though other flavors work too), a dash of vanilla extract, and a tablespoon of peanut butter, plus maybe some crushed ice.
  • BlondieCakes81
    BlondieCakes81 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My absolute favorite one is definitely a protein shake versus a smoothie but I use Syntha-6 Chocolate Peanut butter flavor protein powder, half a banana, some extra PB2, large handful of spinach, soy milk and ice. It would be a meal replacement but it really tastes like a Sonic milkshake. :)
  • rladd6421
    Options
    1/4C old fashioned oats, half a banana (frozen) 1 scoop double chocolate whey protein powder, 1T pb2 chocolate and 1C unsweetend original almond milk. It's one serving about 300 calories.
  • SkinnyDevi
    SkinnyDevi Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • kathyfoley2009
    Options
    vikingchix wrote: »
    My current favorite is 1/2 c. greek yogurt, banana, and either TBS of peanut butter or Nutella. Add a little water and some ice! Gets me going in the morning!

I might have to try that
  • ilovesoccer13
    Options
    I blend frozen bananas, frozen strawberries, chia seeds, almond Milk and some unsweetened cocoa powder... Delicious!
  • jennismagic
    jennismagic Posts: 243 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    I'm a big, big fan of using green smoothies as meal replacements. I have one every morning, and for the first two weeks in January, I replaced two meals (breakfast and dinner) with them everyday. It helped me a lot.

My main squeeze:

2 cups coconut water (this can get pricey, so I just use filtered water. Buy a Brita water pitcher for $10 instead of using bottled, or getting an expensive filtration system).
    2 cups of organic kale or spinach (if you can't afford organic, wash your greens with vinegar and water).

1 frozen organic banana (it used to be two, but I was kind of worried about overdoing it on the sugar)

1/2 frozen pineapple

1/2 cup frozen mango

1 tsp chia seeds

1 tsp of bee pollen

handful of fresh cilantro

2 tbsp. ground flaxseed (DO NOT buy the packaged stuff. You're just wasting money by doing that. Not only do you not get your money's worth, but the pre-ground packaged stuff is not that fresh.) Buy a pound or two from the bulk section (it costs less than $3 per lb.), grind some in the blender, and keep it in the freezer.)

• dogsarebears
    dogsarebears Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm low on kitchen space so I have a food processor but not a blender. Are food processors able to handle these kinds of recipes?
  • katgees
    Options
    "Husky Purple Smoothie": vanilla protein powder, chia seeds, frozen blueberries, greek yogurt, and H2O
    I just use one serving of each, and water to liquefy
    (*) I have one almost every day! (*)
  • Soulshine66
    Soulshine66 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Here's a Powerhouse Pineapple Shake from my Zumba book, it's Delicious: 1/2 avocado, 2c frozen pineapple, 16 oz. coconut water, and 2c. spinach or kale ( I use an Organic Powerhouse mixed greens blend) adding on my own, a dash of cinnamon, 2 tsp. milled flax, 1 tsp. chia seeds. This is a keeper and even my partner liked it as well :)
  • itsmegina
    itsmegina Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Bump for later!