Rest days during bulking phase

Options
13»

Replies

• leanmuscleway
    leanmuscleway Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hello again.

I have done 4 weeks now of the routine i wrote above. Felt a bit washed out this morning and i couldn't increase the weight or reps of my first heavy compound set so have decided to go for a 'rest week' - will do the same exercises but lighter weights, aiming for 10-12 reps and maybe 3 or 4 sets rather than 5 - is this wise can anyone tell me?

also on a lighter week like this should i lower my calorie in take at all?
  • missyjane824
    missyjane824 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a deload is a good idea. I would say you're ok doing it that way as long as the load is lighter overall. You could simplify it even more and stick with the same sets and reps and just lessen the weight. Somewhere in the 50-70%.
  • leanmuscleway
    leanmuscleway Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Thats great - i'll aim for that. And reduce calories also in view of not gaining more body fat than i have to? Or is it important to keep calories the same as my body is really supposed to be recovering during a lighter week?
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Thats great - i'll aim for that. And reduce calories also in view of not gaining more body fat than i have to? Or is it important to keep calories the same as my body is really supposed to be recovering during a lighter week?

Keep them the same.